OpenTTD Android - 'Save/Load to Network' Location?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

KayTannee
Engineer
Engineer

OpenTTD Android - 'Save/Load to Network' Location?

Post by KayTannee »

Hi, does anyone know where the save to network function actually stores the files? I assumed that it would be Google Drive but I can't see any files there.

Basically I want to be able to save the files to the net and then reopen them on the PC.

Ideas?
kamnet

Re: OpenTTD Android - 'Save/Load to Network' Location?

Post by kamnet »

By default it should be located in Android/data/org.openttd.sdl/

A H/T to Pelya's post on Reddit:
Pelya wrote:When the app starts, tap 'Change device config' - 'Data installation location', and you can put a different path there.
KayTannee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KayTannee »

I'd not even noticed that button on start up. Quite handy.

That link defines the location of it on the device, which means I can go dig out the save file manually. However, there's a button in the Save and load screen that is not on the desktop version, called 'Save to Network' or 'Load from network'. I'm assuming that this is creating a backup to some kind of cloud storage. I'm trying to work out where that is actually located so that I can load and save to the same location on a desktop.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Android version saves your games both locally and to the Google Drive, however you cannot retrieve or write them to Google Drive manually, you can only delete them.

https://developers.google.com/games/ser ... _isolation

Return to “General OpenTTD”