North American Roads Set v0.8c [30 May 2008] - ** Update **

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Ammler
President
President

Re: North American Roads Set v0.8b [7 Mar 2008] - ** Update **

Post by Ammler »

Hehe, maybe a little bit stupid for roadset, but it would be nice to have also option for switch off roads? :-D

(Possibility to use only the tramtracks or streetcars...)

Greets
Ammler
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

ammler wrote:Hehe, maybe a little bit stupid for roadset, but it would be nice to have also option for switch off roads? :-D

(Possibility to use only the tramtracks or streetcars...)
The tram tracks can be built on bare ground tiles. They even are snowy in the winter. :wink:
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

ammler wrote: ... it would be nice to have also an option to switch off roads? Possibility to use only the tram tracks or streetcars...
Well, those tram tracks have been designed to be used with NARoads, then they looked a bit lonely without trams, so we added some for company ...

So, tracks and trams are an enhancement to NA Roads and should be used together with the roads. We added a switch to turn tracks and trams off in case a player wishes to use other tram track systems and/or tram sets but not the other way around.

Should we ever get to a comprehensive NA Tram Set, we may separate the 2.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Just a minor update of the North American Roads Set v0.8c [30 May 2008]

What's new ?

. Bug fix; some street cars didn't cost anything to buy and run; fixed.
. Set deactivates and issues message, if activated in wrong environment; i.e. WIN/DOS.

BTW, There are no material changes to the User Guide.

@krtaylor : the downloads are ready for upload (version v0.8c, dated 30 May 2008)
@lifeblood : can you update the topic title : 'North American Roads Set v0.8c [30 May 2008] - ** Update **
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: North American Roads Set v0.8c [30 May 2008] - ** Update **

Post by OzTrans »

lifeblood wrote:I just love this set.
Me too, but if no more bugs are found, this set will become (renamed) v1.0. Don't expect any more new content ...
mav1701
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mav1701 »

The user guide says its compatible with the 2.5 beta Patch, but when I install the NARoads grf file from the US sets website (0.8c?) it errors out when I load TTDX: invalid sprite #1664 code 6/23 (I'm using Beta 9)

When I use the latest 2.6 Alpha (1902) it loads right.. but that version seems to have issues with the US Train Set...
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

mav1701 wrote:The user guide says its compatible with the 2.5 beta Patch, but when I install the NARoads grf file from the US sets website (0.8c?) it errors out when I load TTDX: invalid sprite #1664 code 6/23 ...
It should be compatible, but now we have the street cars. I'll see what I can do, probably 2.5 beta support needs to go.
... NARoads with USSet ...
Activate NARoads below the USSet and the proper rail crossings will appear.
mav1701
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mav1701 »

well I hope some 2.6 fixes are coming, because the US train set doesn't seem to work right in r1902 (but NaR does)

Since 2.5 beta 9 is pretty much the last stable version, it would be good to keep NARoads compat with it, imo...
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

mav1701 wrote:well I hope some 2.6 fixes are coming, because the US train set doesn't seem to work right in r1902 ...
There is a period of high instability, with anything higher than r1895 due to changes in the GRF system. You can report problems and observations here.

I recommend highly to use r1895 or earlier for a quiet playing experience.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Is the goal for the Patch to be reverse-compatible when they are finished with the instability? Or will all sets need coding adjustments?
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Ideally, no sets will require updates. However, the new parser may reveal bugs in the NFO that the old parser ignored. Given the number of independently implemented NFO parsers, this is unlikely, but not entirely impossible.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
mav1701
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mav1701 »

r1895 did indeed work without the bugs, so its an issue with the nightly.

I just tried r1905, but the problem persists
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

OzTransLtd wrote:
mav1701 wrote:well I hope some 2.6 fixes are coming, because the US train set doesn't seem to work right in r1902 ...
There is a period of high instability, with anything higher than r1895 due to changes in the GRF system. You can report problems and observations here.

I recommend highly to use r1895 or earlier for a quiet playing experience.
By any chance do you use the long introduction year property?
It's still a good idea to test the sets, more tests and bug reports = faster stable newgrf processing.
(Note a lot code assumed certain undocumented behavior in other functions, a result you see some properties going nuts, or well simply a small mistake while converting all properties as with planes.) The newgrf processing should be 100% compatible to the specs, so when something is broken it is mostly a problem somewhere in the code... I have a reason why I wrote a warning topic after all...
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
mav1701
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mav1701 »

I don't know what 'long introduction year property' is, sorry

I'm all for testing, the least I can do in return for the work the coders and artists put in :)
voila1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by voila1 »

for the street cars are they trams? if so do they appear automatically or is there a parameter for them.
mine dont seem to appear ?( even if i remove the other road vehicle set i have on. Which is a shame cos they look schweet 8)
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

eis_os wrote:... do you use the long introduction year property?
Yes, I do; it's added automatically and I forgot to deal with it for TTDPatch 2.5 beta series. In other sets it's not a problem, because they require a higher revision than r1210 anyway.

I'll fix it in NARoads, to keep the set compatible with at least 2.5 beta 9.
... I don't know what 'long introduction year property' is ... I'm all for testing, the least I can do in return for the work the coders and artists put in ...
Don't worry about the date and thank you for raising the issue.
voila1 wrote:... what are street cars ? ...
Trams in Europe are Street Cars in North America ... Yes, they are trams; they are available automatically, but can be disabled if desired. Check the Road Construction icon; the drop-down menu has a tram construction option.

Also, the User Guide has a page on it.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

The final update and release of the North American Roads Set v1.0

What's new ?

Bug fix; early introduction date; now set is compatible (again) with TTDPatch 2.5 beta 5+.
Early introduction of street cars (1906) in OpenTTD games; added.

This now concludes the developement of the North American Roads Set; no further updates or enhancements have been planned.

@krtaylor : the downloads are ready for upload (version v1.0, dated 13 June 2008)
@lifeblood : can you update the topic title : 'North American Roads Set v1.0 ** Final Release **
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

I am the first to download them!!! :mrgreen:
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.

Return to “Graphics Development”