Tropic Refurbishment Set: v0.3c RELEASED!!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

lifeblood
President
President

Tropic Refurbishment Set: v0.3c RELEASED!!

Post by lifeblood »

Hello,

This is the new thread1 for the Tropic Refurbishment Set. Drawn by uzurpator, and initially coded by PikkaBird, the set is now under my trusteeship, and the remainder will be coded by Death. :D

THE MOST CURRENT RELEASE IS ATTACHED TO THIS POST

1: see the old thread here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=19435&start=0
Attachments
troprs.zip
DOS
(153.38 KiB) Downloaded 1005 times
troprsw.zip
WIN
(153.38 KiB) Downloaded 3815 times
Last edited by lifeblood on 20 Jul 2007 12:57, edited 9 times in total.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

brilliant set. [/mode="spam"]
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Death has agreed to finish this one off. :D

No, it's not dying, rather Death is going to code it.
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

I'm SO looking forward for this :)
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

uzurpator wrote:I'm SO looking forward for this :)
Welcome to the bleachers with the rest of us. :wink:
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

OK, Here's the grf with the new trains (See below).
But before I add this s*** to the main set I have to know some things:
  • First of all, did I code it correctly (i.e. is there any mistake)?
  • the CT60 can transport only mail and passengers. Does it matter what type of passengers car or express car is added (there are 5 types of cars for each cargo)?
  • I saw in the main set that each locomotive have the line "suitable for: ... " in the purchase window, but this line doesn't make any sense 'cause you can attatch any car\van to the locomotive. is it should be like this?
Last edited by Death on 27 Apr 2007 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Death wrote:[*] I saw in the main set that each locomotive have the line "suitable for: ... " in the purchase window, but this line doesn't make any sense 'cause you can attatch any car\van to the locomotive. is it should be like this?
The "suitable for" line is a suggestion (based on speed, TE, real-life use etc), rather than a limiting factor. It's there for people who want to use the locomotives realistically, but if they don't I don't think we should stop them using them for whatever they like. :)

The only exception to this is things like EMUs, which would have different couplers etc in real life which prevent them from hauling normal wagons.
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Oops... I've just noticed that I did a mistake with the articulated engines,
so I upload a new version (see the last post).
ISA wrote:Good work Death!!! You are on big coding machine!
PikkaBird wrote:The "suitable for" line is a suggestion (based on speed, TE, real-life use etc), rather than a limiting factor. It's there for people who want to use the locomotives realistically, but if they don't I don't think we should stop them using them for whatever they like. :)

The only exception to this is things like EMUs, which would have different couplers etc in real life which prevent them from hauling normal wagons.
Thanks guys. the main set will be updated very soon.
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Here we go...

////FILES ARE DELETED////
(download the grf from the first post)
Last edited by Death on 17 Jul 2007 07:27, edited 3 times in total.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

You might want to look at the spelling of "Diesel" in some of those locomotive names. ;)
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Updated.
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

O - I'll take a closer look today.

But from the first glimpse - the color-coded boxcars are not in, just futuristic locos. :)

EDIT: OFC this is lifebloods domain, so he has to decide if he wants them or not :)
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Sorry! I've been busy the last few days and didn't get a chance to update this thread.

Death: nice work with the engines. This set is more complete now! Uzurpator is correct in that there are more sprites waiting to be coded, basically passenger and freight cars. If you are interested...

Uzurpator: I figured coding the rest of the engines was top priority, the cars are secondary. I also figured it was easy to attract a coder if the project wasn't too large. :wink:

Also, who is maintaining the GRFCrawler entry for this set?
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

blah - you of course :)

Bugs I found so far:

Running costs are bonked abit - WAG10 costs something like $10k to run, while WAG6c costs whopping 60k
RMd55 has no capacity - should be 55 pass and 15 mail
And a bug that I am guilty of - some locomotives have no stock to pull at their rated speed (the 225 kmh african loco comes to mind).
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

• uzurpator wrote:Running costs are bonked abit - WAG10 costs something like $10k to run, while WAG6c costs whopping 60k
    So how it should be?
  • uzurpator wrote:And a bug that I am guilty of - some locomotives have no stock to pull at their rated speed (the 225 kmh african loco comes to mind).
    Do you mean WAM-12? How it should be?

I'm abit confused... :?
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

1. You should get an XLS from lifeblood detailing all the changes and tweaks from 1.0 to 2.0.

2. WAM'12' and 'Masai' has top speed of 225/250 kmh (respectively), and that is OK. But there are no psgr cars that can run at that speed since certain uzurpator didn't include them (shame on the moron). I'll provide them tomorrow.

EDIT: The xls has new running cost scheme for all locomotives. Also there was a proposition to make a parameter that will set running costs to
- low (half of the xls values)
- normal
- high (2x the xls)
- horrible rape (4x of the xls)

EDIT2: lifeblood - once you edit the grfcrawler I will raze down the old website. Tis bes thy set afterall :)
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

I can't edit your GRFCrawler entry. So, delete yours, and I'll add my own. Also, I supplied Death with all the info from XLS for the locomotives he was coding.
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

uzurpator wrote:1. You should get an XLS from lifeblood detailing all the changes and tweaks from 1.0 to 2.0.
I've had it already. first of all WAG-6C is not one of the new locomotives that I coded.
And WAG-10 have about $15,000 running-cost according to the .xls (If it correct). is this what you're talking about? 'Cause it doesn't really change the WAG-6C's "whopping"...
unzurpator wrote:EDIT: The xls has new running cost scheme for all locomotives.
Amm... could you guys let me see the updated .xls please?
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Death, here you go. This is what uzurpator sent me (it's a little disorganised).
Attachments
vehs.xls
(54.5 KiB) Downloaded 778 times

Return to “Graphics Development”