Updated Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
kamnet

Updated Scenarios

Post by kamnet »

I'm starting a topic where I'm updating scenarios found on Bananas. Many of these have files which are either missing from the online content system or have newer files available to update to.
kamnet

Alaska USA (2024 Update)

Post by kamnet »

Original Scenario: Alaska (USA)
viewtopic.php?p=1168176#p1168176
Creator: STD

New Scenario: Alaska USA (2024 Update)

Major changes:
  • Removal of Canadian Stations, Canadian Train Set, Canadian Cities, North American Roads (files no longer available)
  • Added North American Building Set, American Road Replacement Set, Total Bridge Renewal Set for ARRS
  • Removal of INFRA Greens v2 & v3 (not available from Bananas)
  • Added City Objects Extra, Parks and Their Castles
  • Removal of NewStations, NewShips, Marico (not available from Bananas)
  • Removal of FISH and RedFISH (outdated)
  • Added OpenGFX+ Stations, Unsinkable Sam, SHARK, CHIPS, CHIPS Objects
  • Updates to various files
Attachments
Alaska_USA_2024_Update.scn
(275.55 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
kamnet

Belgium (2024 Update)

Post by kamnet »

Original Scenario: Belgium (v1)
viewtopic.php?p=1172521#p1172521

New Scenario: Belgium (2024 Update)

Major changes:
  • Removal of INFRA Greens v2 & v3 (not available from Bananas)
  • Added City Objects, City Objects Extra, Parks and Their Castles
  • Removal of NewStations, NewShips, Marico (not available from Bananas)
  • Removal of FISH and RedFISH (outdated)
  • Added OpenGFX+ Stations, Unsinkable Sam, SHARK, CHIPS, CHIPS Objects
  • Added CFL Trains, Dutch Stations Addons, Dutch Waypoints, 2CC Cargo Trams
  • Updates to various files
Attachments
Belgium_2024_Update.scn
(816.41 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Updated Scenarios

Post by ebla71 »

kamnet wrote: 28 Apr 2024 00:08 I'm starting a topic where I'm updating scenarios found on Bananas. Many of these have files which are either missing from the online content system or have newer files available to update to.
Mind if I add a few more that I regularly play and have modified to a recent standard and use with OTTD 14?!?

What to do if unsure who was the original creator, as some of them I downloaded many years ago and did not keep records on them?
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

I'm not completely sure what the original scenario is since the oldest files I have stored locally are from mid-2020 and don't contain any information on who was the original creator. The map looks a lot like the following but the size does not match (1024x512 vs. 2048x1024 in my case):

Original Scenario: Switzerland-2.scn
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=62386&p=1169267#p1169267

New Scenario: Switerland-1910

Major changes:

Modified some town names and added a lot more cities, in particular at the edges of the map
Added some lakes and the "Canal du Rhone au Rhin"
Removed all original NewGRFs and replaced with current versions
Landscape and Trees: OpenGFX+
Industry: XIS 0.6.2 no growth, no closures
Rail, Road, and Bridges: U&R, Dutch and Auz stations
Trains: GETS and GETS Alpine Addon, SBB, SNCF, Belgian Train Set, Traxx, ALn, French Narrow Gauge Trains
Road: Polroad (but with custom road switched off) and Dutch Tram Set
Ship: RedFish
Airplanes: Ju-52 and World Airliners Set
Attachments
Switzerland-1910.scn
(3.69 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

ebla71 wrote: 02 May 2024 13:33
kamnet wrote: 28 Apr 2024 00:08 I'm starting a topic where I'm updating scenarios found on Bananas. Many of these have files which are either missing from the online content system or have newer files available to update to.
Mind if I add a few more that I regularly play and have modified to a recent standard and use with OTTD 14?!?
What I'm attempting to do here is replace Scenarios on Bananas that no longer work as expected because they have files which are not on Bananas and users (especially new users) do not know how to obtain them. This becomes a very frustrating experience that leaves new users to believe that OpenTTD is outdated and no longer maintained, and discourages them from continuing to play.

Since we do not have the support of the devs to remove these Scenarios as "non functional" or to allow content to be updated out of a fear that somebody, somewhere, is going to file a lawsuit over it some day, nor do they wish to personally be responsible for curating and managing what is uploaded without said threat and only if the absolutely must, this is the only option currently at our disposal in order to improve the player experience.

So, what I'm doing with these files is removing the ones that are not available online, replacing them with similar content (if available), and then doing updates of content to the latest available version. I am trying to keep the scenario as close to the original vision and intent of its creator as possible.
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

kamnet wrote: 04 May 2024 20:45 So, what I'm doing with these files is removing the ones that are not available online, replacing them with similar content (if available), and then doing updates of content to the latest available version. I am trying to keep the scenario as close to the original vision and intent of its creator as possible.
What would you consider to be beyond an acceptable update?!?

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”