YAGL - Yet Another GRF Language (maybe)

Discussions about the technical aspects of graphics development, including NewGRF tools and utilities.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

UnicycleBloke
Engineer
Engineer

Re: YAGL - Yet Another GRF Language (maybe)

Post by UnicycleBloke »

This is because the NewGRF specs have been extended. The code was recently updated by a kind contributor but I need to publish a fresh build. It's on my list but I've been busy of late. Sorry. I'll try to make time this weekend.
UnicycleBloke
Engineer
Engineer

Post by UnicycleBloke »

I have created a new release of yagl at https://github.com/UnicycleBloke/yagl/releases/tag/v1.2. GlobalSettings has a couple of properties which apparently did not exist when I wrote the code. I have updated the code to include these.

Please try this to see if it fixes the problem. If not, I would be very grateful if you could provide the offending NewGRF. I don't play OTTD at the moment and don't have any recent files. Bananas seems to list them all as available-in-game. I did try installing the game on Linux but was unable to work out where downloaded NewGRF files are placed in the file system.

It's been a while since I looked at this code. Hopefully all is well.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

JustMoreMemes wrote: 18 Apr 2024 23:19 C:\Users\Fierce PC\Desktop\Programs\NewGRF Creation\YAGL>yagl.exe -d dropjffork.grf
The source code for Drop JF Fork is here, it would be best to work from that.

viewtopic.php?p=1257036#p1257036
UnicycleBloke
Engineer
Engineer

Post by UnicycleBloke »

Thanks for the link, kamnet. I tried out the new version and had indeed fixed the unknown property, but then there was another to fix... They were related to roadtype/tramtype translation tables. This is a feature introduced since I wrote the code. There are sure to be some others lurking here and there. It's easy to support new properties, but I haven't been proactive keeping up to date with the NewGRF specs. I hadn't really expected that people would use yagl for recent GRFs for which there is NML source.

I would like to bring the code up to date with the specs but I'm not sure when I'll find the time...

Return to “NewGRF Technical Discussions”