[Joke] April Fools 2010

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

[Joke] April Fools 2010

Post by Plastikman »

Obviously this was not a container mod. It was an April Fools joke disguised as a container mod.

Instead, you got a silly mod following the theme of the GTA:VC Mr Whoopee Mission.
If You don't know it. Google it.

here is a hint. You're not selling "Cherry Poppers Ice Cream". Ugh I should have put that in the mod.... to late now.

105 Downloads in 24 hours. that has to be a record... say good bye to the mod. I think I'll delete it now..

Lego did post a a fitting screen shot.

He got the joke in a save game of the actual Container Mod, not as the joke installer. For him it was even funnier as he was testing the real Container Mod only to find this scene in his game.

Everything below this was the front for the joke. It is of no value other then historical purposes now.

It it has been talked about a lot behind closed doors.
This mod is sort of what Halted TEH. the entire TEH was custom industries and cargoes of this nature and it got a bit crazy.

Container Mod For Locomotion:Including Sea Ports and Trucks.

What is it?
That should be obvious. How it works is not.

There are 2 versions of this mod included.

Version 1, Advanced route-builder version:

It is broken down as a "build it yourself" set of buildings that the map builder places as functional "eye candy" in the scenario editor for the player to interact with.
This version uses no industries.

Version 2, Normal player:

A set of placeable industries and a Player placeable "Eye-Candy" intermodal yard"

Both sets have a common goal "dedicated goods" from A to B and can be intermixed for a hybrid of play.

What is included:
Lots of "eye-candy" tiles (functional and non-functional)
2 Industries for point to point goal.
Semi-truck pack
Sea Port
New Road
New Road Station
New Ground Tiles
Few Secret Toys

To-Do List:
Player placeable yard scenery.
New "container unloading" Station.
Replace Asphalt Ground Tile
Replace Sea Crane base

Might Do:
Additional Warehouses

Issues:
These Industries "Need Goods" and make "Goods to a destination"

*Once you have a few goods You almost make perpetual "never ending" Destination goods.
This could be bad, it could also be nice for a BB/Zimmlock style Route map so you have a never-ending line of goods trains moving about the map.

After Beta., We might change (or add) the Goods-B warehouse to accept Goods-A (and rename it) and spit out standard goods to take to town?

*sometimes if you ignore the "buildings as industries" for a while, it takes some time to get them flowing again.
Attachments
containerport.png
containerport.png (135.1 KiB) Viewed 4354 times
Last edited by Plastikman on 02 Apr 2010 22:12, edited 3 times in total.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
SD89MAC
Director
Director

Re: [WIP/REL] Container Mod For Locomotion

Post by SD89MAC »

Can't wait to try it out. :)
Image - Winner of the 2010 - Best New User Award (Locomotion Forum)
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Requesting a Mod to lock this temporally to stop the noob postings of "i cant get this to work"
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

I see what you did there Plastik. :wink:

[edit] wow, they look so good. though because the conventional goods get delivered to the port, and that makes goods, which get delivered to the warehouse, which makes goods for the port, you always end up with an increasing amount of goods in the system because there is no end.
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

Tried Taking the goods to a town???
-----------

Yes, the container mod is a great idea; but you need steel to make a container; so a little hint on the first step :)
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Plastikman wrote:Requesting a Mod to lock this temporally to stop the noob postings of "i cant get this to work"
Done.............

.......... and now undone.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

Nice Mod Plastikman. :mrgreen:
Somehow as a dutchman i feel connected to this mod..
Is it the smoke from the port of Rotterdam or maybe the smoke in Amsterdam city..
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Hmm, i cant get this to work. :( :evil: Please give me a step by step howto. And no dont send me to search.

Nah kidding looking good. :lol:
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

I was actually expecting a "mod free public beta" of teh to be "released"... I imagined it to be a blank map with a mountain range in the shape of a hand giving the finger.

Never mind the crazy man, I'll just be sitting here in the corner playing Russian Roulette with a piece of cheese.
mmarvelstrain
Director
Director

Post by mmarvelstrain »

i can't find what the name of the "truck" is, everything else is there but i can't find it out of my about 1000 vehicles, can you specify a name please.
Locomotion is kool with a capital k TM
Look what I Made (Name That Plane)
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=41042
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Hrmm well. 105 downloads in 24 hours.. That might be a record....

Record number off P'd off people that is.

Thanks for being good sports. hope you had fun.

This is not really a politically correct mod and I'll be taking it down and putting it in the rubbish bin.

Hammo wrote:I was actually expecting a "mod free public beta" of teh to be "released"... I imagined it to be a blank map with a mountain range in the shape of a hand giving the finger.

Never mind the crazy man, I'll just be sitting here in the corner playing Russian Roulette with a piece of cheese.
You almost got a very interesting map with a strategic tunnel and 2 alps.

mmarvelstrain wrote:i can't find what the name of the "truck" is, everything else is there but i can't find it out of my about 1000 vehicles, can you specify a name please.
It is stated in the Read Me. Mr Whoopee. The same as the GTA truck.

Read me is located in the CLW folder. Along with every other read me from the team.

ALL of the Object codes are in the read me to make mods/changes for this.

In my rush to get this out the door I did forget to include two files. the modified 1 way road and the modified dirt road. I think you guys can make them on your own.

Again, I'll remind you guys. This is NOT a supported mod.

It will not be released as a real mod.

I have no intention of re-releasing this mod. if you want to keep it down the road. back it up with the rest of your mods on CD/DVD/Thumb/DAT/DLT/Etc. put it in a jar and bury it in your back yard
Last edited by Plastikman on 02 Apr 2010 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

It looks nice. I have'nt tried it yet, but i will, i will.
But lets say someone wants only the truks, and not the industries or the roads, how would one do?

Or will you add those to the US pack?
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [Joke] April Fools 2010

Post by Plastikman »

not support mod = not supported mod...

You can dig it out of your CLW Hive, it is under "Industry Mods".
Carlostraincrazy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Carlostraincrazy »

You really got me there :lol: but I wasn't really that p'd cause I used to play GTA A LOT :D
Visit my Youtube Channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/12194Carlos
The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

Plastikman wrote:not support mod = not supported mod...

What is? The truks?
Plastikman's #1 Fan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Plastikman's #1 Fan »

:shock:

I want it, and it's gone! Next time, wait for everyone to get their hideous surprise before taking it down. :twisted:

Seriously though, that's not very family-friendly - but what do I know? :mrgreen:
DO NOT FEED THE GENIUS!
Murphy was an optimist.
Plastikman Rules! All Hail the North American Cargo Pack!
lego_trains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by lego_trains »

The Tram man wrote:It looks nice. I have'nt tried it yet, but i will, i will.
But lets say someone wants only the truks, and not the industries or the roads, how would one do?

The Tram man wrote:

What is? The truks?
Do you comprehend it was a joke? There are no "Truks".

Seriously, do you read or try things or just look at a picture and ask retarded questions about it? Two weeks ago a picture was posted that said "Trolley - Boston" next to it and you said "Great, What city is it from?"

Also, you just erased the post as I was about to quote you asking how the station works. It was pretty detailed in how it worked if you read it. I'm guessing you did read it.

Plastikman's #203rd Fan wrote::shock:

I want it, and it's gone! Next time, wait for everyone to get their hideous surprise before taking it down. :twisted:

Most people don't practice April 3rd fools. I tell you what, just for you, I uploaded it to the Locomotion Fanpage earlier. You can get it there.
Plastikgirls's #1 Fan wrote:Seriously though, that's not very family-friendly - but what do I know? :mrgreen:
I don't Know. I think all parents should give their kids a crack once in a while.
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

lego_trains wrote:
The Tram man wrote:It looks nice. I have'nt tried it yet, but i will, i will.

The Tram man wrote:

What is? The truks?
Do you comprehend it was a joke? There are no "Truks".

Seriously, do you read or try things or just look at a picture and ask retarded questions about it? Two weeks ago a picture was posted that said "Trolley - Boston" next to it and you said "Great, What city is it from?"

Also, you just erased the post as I was about to quote you asking how the station works. It was pretty detailed in how it worked if you read it. I'm guessing you did read it.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

You know something. You really know how to hurt a guys feelings.

I did read, but most of the time i only read the post made by the person hwo releases something. Thus explaining why i did'nt see what you claim to have posted there.

And about the trolley thing: I did not see that it said Boston under the tram.

And i did understand that there were no trukz after a while after posting that.

Sure, you might think im dumb or slow. But im not. But then again, tell me someone hwo have'nt missed anything. All of us make mistakes. Including you and me. And dont tell me im wrong. I know im not.
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

Your wrong, lego doesn't falter :mrgreen:

(You did say he cant tell you your wrong, never said anything about any-one else telling you your wrong)
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Grow up children. Stop the petty bickering over stuff that just doesn't matter. :roll:
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”