Changing a truck load

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Changing a truck load

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Hi there,

I have accomplished a lot of things for myself. But I could sure need some help with this. I have a problem with the scrapyard.

Since most of the times there are a lot of car-dealers in a town and it would be a stupid sight to create only train-routes from the car-dealers to the scrapyards I was wondering if it would be possible to make an existing truck to carry scrap. Via this method it would sure be a lot simpeler to transport scrapmetal from a dealer to a nearby scrapyard.

But how can you do this ?

I want to change the coal/iron ore/grain truck so it can carry scrap metal, does somebody know how to do this ?

Here's an example-screen of how it has to be...(Sorry about placing the wrong type of industry, of course the steelworks has to be a factory)
Screenshot2.PNG
(280.88 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Thnxsss for the help guys !
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Changing a truck load

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Just find the cargoID of the scrap :)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

It already worked, but thankls for the reply Alien. I found it out for myself. I copied the cargo from the scrapmetal-train car to the truck and changed it name in the XML. file from SHOPPER to SRHOPPER and the nam of the dat file as well.

For that I changed the cargo code in the XML from the original to this:

<cargo num="0" capacity="32">
<cargotype id="22">0</cargotype>
<cargotype id="23">512</cargotype>
</cargo>

Now I have 2 trailers. One for scrap, and one for grain, iron ore and coal (See Screenshot)
Screenshot11.PNG
(250.36 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
The only thing that I wasn't able to change was the scrapmetal in the truck. It still looks as if it transports coal... :(

If there is a way to change that as well I would love to know that, but it probebly has something to do with changing it sprite by sprite :o :)
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

Can´t you use the brown from the Iron Ore load? That is almost a "rusty" colour.
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Yeah that looks a lot better of course. But how do I do that ? It now took Coal as a load. How can I make it use the Iron ore load ? Should I remove the Coal sprites, or do I have to use another code for that ?

Thnx !
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

As usual Try and Error:
This is what i see with my code change. Truck 2 is half loaded, Truck 1 is fully loaded.

Types 22 & 23 are for Plastikmans both types of scrap i believe?
For the sprites i think from 0 to 511 is used for the coal load
from 512 to 1023 is used for iron ore,
and from 1024 is for grain
Not sure but here it is working.

Code: Select all

<cargo num="0" capacity="32">
		<cargotype id="22">512</cargotype>
		<cargotype id="23">512</cargotype>
	</cargo>
p.s. truck = from Plastikman, original trailer from The Fanpage
Attachments
Screenshot1.png
Screenshot1.png (84.28 KiB) Viewed 160 times
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Lighthouse has it correct for the sprite selection.

Maydays trucks are here http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=23752
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”