[Contest] Item 4 contest started

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

random

N&W #1776 Bicentennial coal hopper
7%
Rock Island
3%
CSX
3%
Anthracite Blue Coal Hopper
6%
Peabody Coal
10%
Norfolk Southern Fictional Herritage Car "Norfolk & Western"
7%
RailPro (NL)
15%
WADDELL COAL MINING CO. INC.
1%
CP Rail
3%
Northern Pacific
11%
Reading and Northern.
4%
Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe (in company colors )
7%
this one is called. "BNSF (Ex. NS)"
7%
"Railfreight Distribution- The UK in the USA!"
14%
Delaware & Hudson
1%

Total votes: 71

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [Contest] Item 2 is posted.

Post by Plastikman »

Entry two..

I guess lego didnt want to do white trash again..
Attachments
animated.gif
animated.gif (255.97 KiB) Viewed 2791 times
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
lego_trains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by lego_trains »

I wanted a Rio Grande Caboose. You never made one so I did. I thought I was the only person making a yellow caboose.

I made this one with the paint that came with windows 7. That was to show you don't need some $2000 painting program. I just used mask's, fill, copy-n-paste, and clip art from the web. I have not seen it mentioned yet, GIMP is free. It is almost as powerful as Photoshop.

I was not sure how the stripes would line up going around the end. They came out Okay. I just sat and watched the spinning icon for 15 minutes. Sad.

The trailer will be PM'd in a few.
Attachments
lego-CONTEST2-thumb.png
lego-CONTEST2-thumb.png (15.2 KiB) Viewed 2788 times
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Nice, this time not a fantasy drawing, would like to see more N&W stuff, here my contribution for the second run.
Attachments
zimmlock-2.png
zimmlock-2.png (192.66 KiB) Viewed 2769 times
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Trainboy13
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trainboy13 »

ATSF caboose #999199. I personally think this would look great flying over TEH and Cajon once they are released.
Attachments
Caboose_ATSF.png
Caboose_ATSF.png (12.39 KiB) Viewed 2757 times
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

lol SD89MAC, I was just in the process of making that cp caboose until I went to check the rules again, and saw yours :lol:
But instead I went with an older style cp caboose.
Attachments
entry
entry
ocp cb png.PNG (11.21 KiB) Viewed 2749 times
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Well, here I thought this would be hard.

You guys are monsters...

@ trainboy. Those colors are going to be awful in Lomo.

That will look like a big glow in the dark red blob. check the Tips.txt that came with the template. you should never use "Pure" colors when you can avoid it.

I know this is a learning experience for everyone, especially those that want to make their own stuff for LoMo. let me share some of my experiances..
grab a picture of a real caboose like this one.
atsf999199L.jpg
[god, I had to look at that 3 times to make sure that was not a super detailed HO model]

sample the colors off the picture.

also you can use the color chart i put in the Zip and find a similar color and use that..
180px-Locopalette.png
180px-Locopalette.png (10.58 KiB) Viewed 2729 times
You might also consider changing the color a tad for the different bits,
like how Lego did his roof walk. he went a tad darker so they show up in the game.

Also a bit of weathering makes the different surfaces show up better. railroad equipment never looks totally new.

I hope this helps people in doing this. keep up the good work.

i'll post the week 1 stuff today. the road trailers are done. i need to make the train trailers.
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

lol I made another one just for fun. :D

A CN Caboose
An Algoma Central Caboose.
^^^^^^^
A railway that many may not know about.

This is fun stuff :))
Attachments
CN caboose
CN caboose
cn png.PNG (14.2 KiB) Viewed 2712 times
Algoma Central Caboose
Algoma Central Caboose
ac cab.PNG (13.57 KiB) Viewed 2706 times
Last edited by Opan on 05 Apr 2010 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

Well... Here's my contribution:

Although you can't see it, it does say Morristown & Erie Railroad on the side, and those squares are logos.

Bet this was unexpected. :lol:

Note: I might change this later on. The contest is on for a week, right?
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

till sunday.
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

Are you going to turn all entrys into dats or just the winner?
The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

I hope that he will turn all into dats.
Trainboy13
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trainboy13 »

This is just an updated version of my above caboose.
Attachments
Updated Entry.png
Updated Entry.png (39.87 KiB) Viewed 2690 times
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

OK,

I'm a Bit late on this. It was a nightmare to get These together... I'm defiantly thinking of going 2 week schedule. 1 week to create then 1 week to vote.

I made a bunch of Honorable Mention Trailers. Don't feel bad if yours was not picked..

Honestly, I was going to do them all and I just can't keep going.

It was more work then expected.

I'm getting a bit frustrated... so Here is as far as I got...

You get 2 TOFC Flats with the First and Second Place.
You get 2 Trailers with First and Second Place.
You get a crapload of bonus trailers. maybe when I get time. ill make the rest to be fair. No promise

*Bonus*
Obviously you need a truck to pull the trailers... I tossed a single truck from the container Mod up here for now.

See Here for Contents: http://www.amitrains.co.uk/plastikman/contest.html

Attachments
Week1_Winners.zip
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 372 times
USTKCBO1.dat
Cab-Over truck..
(138.24 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

lego_trains wrote:I wanted a Rio Grande Caboose. You never made one so I did. I thought I was the only person making a yellow caboose.

I made this one with the paint that came with windows 7. That was to show you don't need some $2000 painting program. I just used mask's, fill, copy-n-paste, and clip art from the web. I have not seen it mentioned yet, GIMP is free. It is almost as powerful as Photoshop.

I was not sure how the stripes would line up going around the end. They came out Okay. I just sat and watched the spinning icon for 15 minutes. Sad.

The trailer will be PM'd in a few.
I used GIMP when I was working on my [Linfox] trailer. Not a problem with it. Considering how many trailers were actually released, I wish I'd finished working on it... haha.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Hold on to them, We might do trailers again in a month or three. They are easy for the noobs to do an a good practice item.

Don't expect more "Honorable mention" releases in the future. it is to much work.

It was mostly a test, also for you guys to see the skin vs final product to get an idea of what the stuff looks like in game from color and stripe patterns.
Also, what gets lost in transfer and how certain colors come out.

You know, I never even looked at these in game, let alone test them, I assumed they worked, Let know if there are bugs.

Edit*

Actually that is not a bad idea. Make a Euro style Lorry and trailer for the other side of the pond..
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

I've tried the truck and trailer and I think they look and work decent. I see you did them like Mayday did except you added a bogie position to the truck and used more sprites. I was wondering about that. Good job.

EDIT: I put ramps in to see how they looked on them and they performed fine. They don't jump around like Mayday's did.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

The game engine was never programed for a long king pinned trailer that I can tell. Then again there could be some hidden code like bit_T=1. I remember spending days over the code back when Mayday's were pre-beta and that was the best we could do with his.

we are getting OT tho.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

Decided to make a caboose for MOW and Breakdown Trains, I didn't see how many other people used yellow :lol: .
Attachments
CONTEST2-1.png
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

:shock: Oh man. Take the stripes of the sides.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Holy Blinding Hack Batman!

Ok. I dont think that anyone would stripe the side. but hey. it is a contest of your imagination...

I had to see how blind i would be in lomo...

I kind of lost the windows in the stripes. ugh..

PS next time avoid pure black. I had to re-tint it for you.
Attachments
animated.gif
animated.gif (256.88 KiB) Viewed 2566 times

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”