Looking for a patchpack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Looking for a patchpack

Post by Dante123 »

After a long time, i want to pickup OpenTTD again.
In the passed i played a lot with Chillcores patchpack, but it seems outdated now these days.
Now im looking for a nice patchpack that has at least the copy-paste in it and daylength that is compatible with FIRS.
anyone had some good recommendation on a (relative) up to date patchpack for it ?
kamnet

Re: Looking for a patchpack

Post by kamnet »

Only three that I know of that are actively developed right now:

Spring Patch Pack 2013: no C/P patch, has daylength, works with FIRS. Latest version released 2 weeks ago may have a critical bug, so you might want to get the previous version. Both are linked to in the discussion thread.

Reddit Client: no C/P, has daylenght and supports FIRS, much fewer features than SPP but is fairly recent, is stable, and specially tuned or Intel processors.

Hard Patch Pack 0.8 has C/P and daylenght, author suggests using ECS, no idea how well FIRS works with it. Hasn't been updated since November 2013, I doubt there's any major new features from nightlies that you are missing.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”