[random stuff] By LordAzamath

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

[random stuff] By LordAzamath

Post by LordAzamath »

I have done a small amount of eyecandy/otherwise useless things that I now present in this thread :)

Latest Toll booth - http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=663691#p663691
Latest Invisible Train GRF - http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=666951#p666951
Latest Estonian town names - http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=752764#p752764

Old post:

Enjoy :)

EDIT: Further down below also a toll booth available
EDIT: Further down below also an Estonian style town name grf available

Hello. I was bored today, so I made a little eyecandy grf. This allows you to make separate wagons with no engine seen. For example for eyeandy depot areas..
The lenght is 3/8 of real engine, so you can use it to make whatever gaps you want. It has slow speed and hp, so you can align it precisely.

BTW I dunno if it's compatible with most train-sets. So I used toyland maglev last three IDs. 71, 72, 73. If someone knows which ID's aren't used by most popular sets, let me know.
[attachment=1]empty.png[/attachment]EDIT: Now updated version here.[attachment=0]Eyecandy_invisible_train_v0.1.grf[/attachment]

madis
Attachments
empty.png
empty.png (110.15 KiB) Viewed 35002 times
Eyecandy_invisible_train_v0.1.grf
(510 Bytes) Downloaded 749 times
Last edited by LordAzamath on 25 Dec 2008 18:18, edited 6 times in total.
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [random stuff] - Toll booth v0.2

Post by LordAzamath »

I also relighted my first grf ever, toll booth replacement for transmitter. It was used for WWOTTDGD/1 scenario, but I added naming there now too. OpenTTD doesn't support changing generic strings, but in ttdpatch it should work.
This is an eyecandy grf too, useful for eg scenario creation, when you want to distinct regions.
toll_booth.png
toll_booth.png (24.23 KiB) Viewed 34933 times
Toll_booth_v0.2.grf
(1.3 KiB) Downloaded 720 times
EDIT: wrong file got up :P
madis
Last edited by LordAzamath on 08 Feb 2008 19:02, edited 1 time in total.
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [random stuff] - Eyecandy train v0.1

Post by Purno »

lordazamath wrote: BTW I dunno if it's compatible with most train-sets. So I used toyland maglev last three IDs. 71, 72, 73. If someone knows which ID's aren't used by most popular sets, let me know.
I think all big set eventually use all VehIDs.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Nice effort though, cheers for sharing!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Er, AndersI has already done the invisible train thing :!:
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

quite, but still good someone got up and started coding, instead of laying in bed all day and watching Dragon Ball GT all day, like me.

just so you know. just... so you know.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Badger wrote:Er, AndersI has already done the invisible train thing :!:
:lol: And as I've understood from that thread, he wasn't the only one :P But does his train run on all tracks? I have three separate trains for rail/monorail/maglev :P
Soon will come other things too.
madis
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

lordazamath wrote:Soon will come other things too.
changeable VehID? :-)

Greets
Ammler
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

yeah, might even do it, when I have time..
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

ammler wrote:changeable VehID? :-)
lordazamath wrote:yeah, might even do it, when I have time..
Check with BeSt-Com. He uses it with his funny cars and its quite effective. 8)
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

wallyweb wrote:
ammler wrote:changeable VehID? :-)
lordazamath wrote:yeah, might even do it, when I have time..
Check with BeSt-Com. He uses it with his funny cars and its quite effective. 8)
Yes, I now think I gotta make it.. I actually even know how to do it already, so when I have time, I'll make it.
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Sorry for double-post :)
Now the eyecandy empty train with more features :)
Eyecandy empty engine v0.2
More features:
- Set the ID's you want to replace for each railtype:
: param0 -> rail empty engine
: param1 -> monorail empty engine
: param2 -> maglev empty engine
The input has to be direct, parameters have to be the same as vehIDs in this page: http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php?page=VehicleIDs, on ID tab (not nfoID).
Set to 99 if you want to ignore any item. The default is 114 115 113. For example to put ignore rail, not to change monorail and put maglev to Floss '47' (Diesel) [15] it would be like this: 99 115 15
EDIT: listed on [GRFCrawler]
Attachments
empty.grf
(872 Bytes) Downloaded 1829 times
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [random stuff] - Estonian style town names

Post by LordAzamath »

Today I made Estonian style town names.. I think they became pretty OK :) Here are three different chains so there aren't illogocal town names in this.. Enjoy.
edit: Outdated stuff
Last edited by LordAzamath on 25 Dec 2008 18:08, edited 1 time in total.
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [random stuff] By LordAzamath

Post by LordAzamath »

Bump

I'll probably start to update the empty grf in some days to
1. Have different sprites while moving and try to use them in depot window too.. (varAction2, vehicle variable B4)
2. Support as many big train sets automatically as possible.. (As the train IDs are parameter-controlled, I'll just add action7/actionD pairs at the start.)

For the second thing I need some info though.. As I have asked already in some threads, I need 3 vacant train IDs per set :) So if anyone knows which ones are these for some sets, please let me know..
Currently I know that Japan set can be used w/o any trouble with this grf.

madis
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

lordazamath wrote:I need 3 vacant train IDs per set :)
Do you really though?
Canadian set uses NG and SG so you could make your invisible locomotive just be a diesel so it can run on electrified lines too, therefore that only needs 2 IDs.
DBSet: SG, (E)SG and Maglev. So you only need 2 at most and because Transrapid only runs in multiple unit form you don't even need a transparent loco for it so that's just 1 loco.
Japanese set: Similar situation as the DBSet. Shinkansen only runs as multiple units so you're not going to have spare wagons lying around.
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

But OpenTTD uses three.. Conventional, which can run on electric, monorail and maglev.. There is no unifiedmaglev switch in OpenTTD.. And because I mostly play it and test my grfs with it too (I know I shouldn't :P) then I think it's better to have three separate..

Although I might make this specific to... No I might not.

madis
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Today I made a new town name grf :).. It somehow resembles Estonian town names, but they are so random, that real name don't exist there :D.. Or something that sounds like a real name..
edit: outdated
There are a few problems with reusing the bits (yes.. All 32bits are occupied :P), but these are minor..
For comparison of real Estonian names.. http://et.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eesti_linnade_loend
Last edited by LordAzamath on 25 Dec 2008 18:08, edited 1 time in total.
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

Hi LordAzamath

2 small things for your random stuff and general grf coding. ;-)

1. Please, don't change filename with every release. (Not including release number in filename. Release number can/should be in the name (Action8), except you don't like to be downwards compatible, then you should also change the GRFID). You can still release it in a zip with release number, if you like.

2. Maybe you can merge both Townname GRFs to one? Take a look at i.e. canadian set. That GRF allows to choose between about 6 different types.

Greets
Ammler
Draakon
Director
Director

Post by Draakon »

Euh, did you think some of those names up? I see that some of these names doesn't even exist in any 2008 Road Atlas. Or even the internet.
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

randomly generated townnames from strings. None of the towns exist irl I believe... juyst strings of commonly used 'words' in townnames in estonia..
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish

Return to “Graphics Development”