Missing AI files

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

lurk
Engineer
Engineer

Missing AI files

Post by lurk »

I tried making some changes in the setting, but I get a message saying missing AI file or the current ones are dummie ones. Where can I get these file. Want to add more players
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Missing AI files

Post by planetmaker »

lurk wrote:I tried making some changes in the setting, but I get a message saying missing AI file or the current ones are dummie ones. Where can I get these file. Want to add more players
Follow the advice given there and download them using the ingame online content as available from the main menu and the AI configuration menu.
lurk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lurk »

I went into the menu and into the AI configuration and select the get online content but theres nothing there
lurk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lurk »

OK I see what you mean know, All I want to really do is the ability to add more competitors, the once I was looking at so far is more customized for other features. Do you know which one I should download for what I really want to do.
lurk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lurk »

I downloaded some AI'S but I still get a "no suiteable AI available" I place the files in the /AI directory. What am I doing wrong?
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

lurk wrote:I downloaded some AI'S but I still get a "no suiteable AI available"
When you click on "AI Settings" and then on a AI-slot (where it says "random AI" or similar") and then click on the button to select AI, do you see any AIs in the list-window that opens?

Exactly where did you put your AIs? Did you really mean that you put them in a "AI" directory directly at the UNIX-root?!? I guess not, but exactly where did you put them? Did you check the readme.txt to make sure that you put them at a location that OpenTTD scans?

Did you also download all the libraries that the AIs need? Note that some libraries also depend on other libraries. This is why it is highly recommended to use the in-game content downloader, because it gets all dependencies as well with no extra work for the users.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
lurk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lurk »

Well all I did is downloaded a AI file (taz file) and place in under AI/ file like the site said. Unless Im missing something. All I really want to is just be able to is play against the computer. Dont really need anyother type of modding or configurations.
lurk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lurk »

By in game content downloader do you mean the check online content button if so I did not but nothing comes up. Pretty new to all this.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Yes, that button: http://wiki.openttd.org/Online_content

You might need to give it some time (depends on your internet connection) as it might take a bit to gather the complete list of downloadable stuff.
lurk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lurk »

I click that but its empty. nothing comes up
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Also your firewall may be blocking OpenTTD. In that case nothing will show up in the list either.
lurk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lurk »

Just says could not connect to server.
lurk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lurk »

your probably right about the firewall. Trying to play the game at work during my lunch hour. LOL So they could be blocking it.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

If you give us more details and answer my questions above, we can tell you if you did something wrong. Dont just assume that we know what you did. Be specific.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”