NuTracks - Release Thread :)

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: NuTracks - Release Thread :)

Post by Leanden »

No saved game compatibility for 1.1.2?

When I load a save game, and it uses the latest NuTracks, this happens:
Attachments
British Transport Agency, 24th Jun 2054.png
(717.74 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
davis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by davis »

Same error occured to me , also wondering whether there's any update on the "flashing subway rail" issue.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Just to mention something else, it doesnt matter how i set the parameters, i can never get the metro tracks to appear (covered with buildings and terrain and stuff.
Katve
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Katve »

There is bug or something. I try Nutracks with grfs show below, but theres no subway tracks. I test Nutracks at first and last and second place. I try with and without metro tracks set. And i try with metro tracks and auto deject parameters, but still i have only normal track types. I also try first big list of random grfs(My normal grf list wich includes 2cc and metro tracks too.), but it doesnt work. :cry:
Attachments
Nimetön, 20-01-2000.png
Screenshot
(297.21 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

You should get a nightly of the 2cc trainset (see bundles.openttdcoop.org). Ironically, the current releases of the 2cc set and NuTracks don't work together for some reason unknown to me.

Also the metro tracks are integrated in the latest NuTracks, so you don't need the metro track set separately.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

FooBar wrote:Ironically, the current releases of the 2ccSet and NuTracks don't work together for some reason unknown to me.
I assume this is being looked into? I don't know if the problem is caused by the 2ccSet or by NuTracks, but if necessary, I rather roll back to an older version of the 2ccSet instead of having an incompatible version released at Bananas.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Just a suggestion, but could the planning track be in CC? Otherwise in multiplayer, with several people potentially planning tracks its going to confusing who's is who's.
SniperDJ
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SniperDJ »

i think i have found a bug/graphic error:
details:

year:3100
parameters: default
climate:temparate
trainset: NARS + The dutch trainset
track: 180 kmp/h max. no catenary

look at the picture:
Attachments
bug report nutrack 180 km per u no catenary.png
the graphic error
(809.25 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
ImageImageTake a look at my Australia Scenario (work in progress)Image Proud citizen of The Netherlands
recently aquired the FCE
molace
Engineer
Engineer

Post by molace »

Hi,

I recently have started using NuTracks (with UKRS2) and some Monorail and Maglev newengines.
I'd like to have the monorail back, but IIRC you can't have more than 16 tracktypes.
Could you set up a new separate parameter, which if turned on disables planning tracks and enables monorail in its place?
AFAIK in the code planning tracks replace monorail and the new monorail engines show up in the planning tracks depot anyway.
I actually use that ingame (cheap tracks), I nicknamed them hover-trains. (the lack of construction cursors makes it really hard to use it BTW).
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

I could, can, will eventually. I don't think NuTracks disables monorail, actually, at least with the "default" set.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
molace
Engineer
Engineer

Post by molace »

oberhümer wrote:I could, can, will eventually. I don't think NuTracks disables monorail, actually, at least with the "default" set.
With the "default" it doesn't. But I like to use sets which "complement" each other (UKRS2 for normal rail , Monolev enhancement for well monolev). But with UKRS some trains can only be used with 3rd Rail, and then the monorail is replaced by planning tracks.

I don't know jack about coding, so I can't tell how hard or time-consuming would it be, but could you please add this new parameter in a later release?
dasy2k1
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dasy2k1 »

the two main gripes i have with this grf at the moment are both with the planning tracks,

the old blue dotted line from days of yore was much easier to use than the current blank ground lack of track (would be even better if it was a CC dotted line)

also as there are no track drawing cursors its really hard to tell which button does what! or even where the cursor is!
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

dasy2k1 wrote:also as there are no track drawing cursors its really hard to tell which button does what! or even where the cursor is!
I think thats a GUI problem rather than Nutracks
the old blue dotted line from days of yore was much easier to use than the current blank ground lack of track (would be even better if it was a CC dotted line)
I think this was changed as more people wanted a difference or development issues etc. The dev thread might help you.
"O2 is for noobs, real people breath O3" ~ said sometime by Me

All comments from me may or may not be true and do not take them word-for-word

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

1000th Post at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am
2000th post at Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am

Return to “Graphics Releases”