Earn Money

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Segadude3000
Engineer
Engineer

Earn Money

Post by Segadude3000 »

I always have (im not a beginner) trouble keeping my money on hand (For Example: 1990 - $20,000,000 Next Year, 1991 - 10,000,000) IDK what is wrong.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Earn Money

Post by Kevo00 »

Only problem is that you must spending too much money. I've never had liquidity problems in Loco by 1990, unless I started late, which I almost never do.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Watch your bank loans. especially in the later years. the interest can kill you. pay them off asap. even if you have to sit for a few years and just watch trains..

If you are building lots of rail lines and you are still not to well off financially. make single track mainlines with passing sidings. then when you have spare cash. add a second line.

Avoid making long bridges/tunnels , follow the terain. maybe go around a big hill. then tunnel through it later when you have the funds to burn.

buy some cheaper trains if you have to.. you don't always need that new SD70ACe when a trusty old gp35 will do the job (at half the cost).

the economic charts tell you where you cash is going.... check them out.

also, look at your individual trains. don't be scared to sell off a train if it is making negative amount.

it is not cost effective to have a shiny new highspeed train for 2 passengers each trip.. stick a DMU or something on that track till there is a good passenger demand.

Don't buy a new train for the first 2 years of availabillity. you get a nerfed version (-33% reliability) so you have to toss it out almost right away abd buy another one.

With the US set, I really do try and check and balance every train. I charge you more for each upgrade, HP, speed and reliability.

don't just look at the upfront costs, but the day to day running costs. for those big fuel sucking high HP locos, I charge you a lot for fuel and maintenance (especially on certain units like the SD45's that did really burn excessive fuel and constantly break crankshafts).. It makes sense to buy older a lot of time unless you are filthy rich..
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
locomo-dk1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by locomo-dk1 »

Segadude3000 wrote:I always have (im not a beginner) trouble keeping my money on hand (For Example: 1990 - $20,000,000 Next Year, 1991 - 10,000,000) IDK what is wrong.
Use locotool to edit the prices and running costs of the trains. :mrgreen:
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

pffft..

There is somthing wrong if you have to cheat.

One of the main parts of the game is economics and if you can build your company from nothing. This game is is pretty easy as it is.

If You really want a "Sandbox mode", Just grab a money cheat and give yourself a few billion. But, You should never "need" to do that.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Segadude3000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Segadude3000 »

Well,I know that A LOT of it happens later even if I payed my Loan, It is my trains, When they are first built, they make 10,000 - 400,000 Dollars. But about 10 Years Later... It is close or in the negatives, but if I delete those trains, I would be Bankrupt in 5 Years.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

you have to replace the engines when the reliability drops
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Segadude3000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Segadude3000 »

I never thought about that!
thanks!
locomo-dk1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by locomo-dk1 »

Plastikman wrote:pffft..

There is somthing wrong if you have to cheat.

One of the main parts of the game is economics and if you can build your company from nothing. This game is is pretty easy as it is.

If You really want a "Sandbox mode", Just grab a money cheat and give yourself a few billion. But, You should never "need" to do that.
Exactly. The game is easy that´s why I wrote with " :mrgreen: ".

I have never used the money cheat´s did not even know that they existed for this game.

PS: The main part of the game is however not economics. It´s the TRAINS, it´s all about the trains. :wink:
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Segadude3000 wrote:I never thought about that!
thanks!
What a spazz! :lol:

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”