[Rel] VIA Rail Pack. 2.1

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

OC_4106
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [Rel] VIA Rail Pack. 2.1

Post by OC_4106 »

Plastikman wrote:next question is how the heck did lomo start without that file? is should just do the never ending train loop.
All I can say if is I have no idea.... But it was working surprisingly.

Anyway I tried your VIA Rail Pack and it's great! Thanks so much!
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Not a problem, glad You like it...

wait for the MHQ upgrade. Most of the engines are upgraded at this point (all but LRC?). the coaches will still be a while. You can grab the MHQ beta of the VIA spiderman F40ph in the mean while (link is somewhere in this thread)
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
OC_4106
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OC_4106 »

Sorry to go a little off topic here but then again it is a bit on topic. As you all know gas prices are out of control, this is affecting VIA Rail in a bad way. But today I was driving by the train station in Ottawa and I noticed two RDCs parked on a storage track. I have never seen a RDC at the station here since those service cuts in the 80s and 90s.

I pulled in to ask staff about those two RDCs and they said they will be testing them. Now they did not know what but I assume as RDCs burn less fuel per car, they will be testing them in service most likely between Ottawa and Montreal. Now I am not 100% sure on this as no one would give me a straight answer except for the fact their being tested.

Also for those of you interested, I think the cars they got here are RDCs brought back from the dead. One of them had no visible fleet numbers, the other one was 6202. 6202 had side VIA Rail Logos but a different front, the other one had no side VIA Rail logos or the blue stripe or anything resembling VIA Rail.

I sent a friend of mine to go get photos of them. The two RDCs are connected to a F40PH.

EDIT: Just found out 6202 was used on the Sudbury service but why is it not in the full VIA Rail paint job, who knows.

Also I just remembered the second unnumbered unit was in the old old paint job. Like this:
Last edited by OC_4106 on 25 May 2008 23:31, edited 1 time in total.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Intresting.

as far as i know, there are a few RDC's still in service with VIA and a few other Canadain railroads.

They still make perfect sence for service that only needs one or 2 cars per train.
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
OC_4106
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OC_4106 »

Well it does make sense to use RDCs in service like that.

Anyway I was Google searching "6202 VIA Rail" and I came across this so it probably isn't much.
IRSI’s RDC unit, 6202, travelled the NBEC Newcastle subdivision several times this
spring for testing. NBEC 1864 was extensively refitted at IRSI in Moncton and
emerged as SFEX 3000 (lettered for Eastern Railway Services, a subsidiary of the
Quebec Railway Corporation, owners of the NBEC and CFMG). It was released
in May 2004 and has seen work in the northern part of the province and Quebec
so far.
http://www.crhanb.ca/en/newsletters/CRH ... 200401.pdf

But then again this article has a date of 2004.

I'm very confused right now.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

dunno

I think these are still running in Canada with the The Quebec North Shore and Labrador Railway

http://www.photosbystevenjbrown.com/qnsl/qnsl.html

PS i am seriously considering making a few The Quebec North Shore and Labrador Railway items. I just need some good shots.
Comm Cody
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Comm Cody »

Oh god. the never ending train loop. I got that with dekasoft. The moral is never extract te dat file out. use the install
Something goes here, hell if I know.
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

don't via still use rdc's on victoria island?
Train-a-Mania
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Train-a-Mania »

Yes, they do.

Little known fact, but VIA still uses an F9 to switch cars in Vancouver.
Nick - Creator of the virtual railroading review series:

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”