[TTDP] AndersI's Swedish experience...

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

[TTDP] AndersI's Swedish experience...

Post by AndersI »

OK, I've been drawing Swedish trains for a while now, it's time to put them on display too.

I drew a 'bent longmap' of Sweden to be able to put the trains in their natural habitat, and most resources at the right place.

As this is the first scenario I've drawn, it will probably need to be redesigned after playing it for a while (I just realized I'd forgotten to plant trees - Sweden without lots of trees is, um, strange).

Enough talking! Let the pictures speak...
Attachments
A full and an empty train meet in Härnösand.
A full and an empty train meet in Härnösand.
sw_Scr4.png (37.38 KiB) Viewed 3990 times
A timber train leaves Strömsund Woods for a trip down to the coast. As it's still early, the only engine available is the Sb steamer.
A timber train leaves Strömsund Woods for a trip down to the coast. As it's still early, the only engine available is the Sb steamer.
sw_Scr1.png (87.12 KiB) Viewed 3989 times
The 'bent' map of Sweden - there's a wall of antennas in the water to make it impossible to take a short cut.
The 'bent' map of Sweden - there's a wall of antennas in the water to make it impossible to take a short cut.
sw_Map.png (19.1 KiB) Viewed 3989 times
jacke
Director
Director

Post by jacke »

Very nice AndersI :D Looking forward to see more...
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Lovely stuff. and a nice map as well.
Any chance of posting the scenario?
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Nice idea with the transmitters there!
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

As I'm big realism admire I would never use this way as 'shortcut' :)
And I would be interested to try this scenario too!
Laick
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Laick »

Very nice map, that idea with transmitters give TTD a new dimension ;) please allow it :P

User with VERY bad english :)
.:my graphics attempts:.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Wow, this looks damn nice :) Keep it up, post more of our lovely country
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Vloris
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vloris »

The transmitters work for ships, but an aircraft will fly over them very happily... :lol:
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Some answers...

- Of course I will publish the scenario, but later. As I said, there are a lot of things that needs tweaking before it's 'good enough'. Among other things, I think there are too many cities in the south, and as I said above, I forgot to place trees! (I was so eager to start playing)

- The transmitters: I put them there to make it very obvious that the map is 'bent'. No ships, roads or trains are able to pass. If you still want to cheat the realism and use airplanes, it's completely up to you :)

- More pictures will come, but Real Life takes priority. I have built a 'Malmbanan' (Iron ore track) in the extreme north (ie. the lower right corner on the map), and that's next for imaging.

- I probably should have used the Alpine climate, as that would be much more like Sweden. Oh well, there's always a second time...
Attachments
A meeting on the line.
A meeting on the line.
Sw_Scr9.png (7.94 KiB) Viewed 3738 times
Arriving at the iron works in Luleå.<br />(I *must* fix the trees!)
Arriving at the iron works in Luleå.
(I *must* fix the trees!)
Sw_Scr8.png (38.61 KiB) Viewed 3737 times
An iron ore train leaving Kiruna Mines. As I don't have a Dm2 engine, I put two Du:s there instead.
An iron ore train leaving Kiruna Mines. As I don't have a Dm2 engine, I put two Du:s there instead.
Sw_Scr7.png (43.58 KiB) Viewed 3737 times
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

AndersI wrote:Some answers...

- The transmitters: I put them there to make it very obvious that the map is 'bent'. No ships able to pass. :)
Why ships cant! What's water for then! :P
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Looks very good, Anders :) I really like this with Malmbanan and all. Just a question.. Why bend the map instead of making it, like 1024 x whatever would fit?
My Scenarios:
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Chrill wrote:Just a question.. Why bend the map instead of making it, like 1024 x whatever would fit?
Look at the topic heading. [TTDP] last time I looked the map sizes hadn't changed and I am 100% certain that is still the case.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Oh. Sorry, my mistake
My Scenarios:
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

So, what happens in the south? The passenger traffic to/from Stockholm is picking up, Stockholm is growing nicely. Eskilstuna (my home town) is unfortunately still quite small...
Attachments
and a closer look at Stockholm. There will definitely be traffic problems here later on...
and a closer look at Stockholm. There will definitely be traffic problems here later on...
Sw_Scr12.png (59.76 KiB) Viewed 3610 times
A close-up on Eskilstuna. My headquarters is in the approximate position of my real home...
A close-up on Eskilstuna. My headquarters is in the approximate position of my real home...
Sw_Scr11.png (43.48 KiB) Viewed 3610 times
An overview of the tracks around Stockholm
An overview of the tracks around Stockholm
Sw_Scr10.png (74.8 KiB) Viewed 3613 times
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Nice pictures AndersI :) Stockholm's train station would look even nicer with some buffers :wink:
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Try to recreate Stockholms Centralstation! :) That'd be a mission of hard work :wink:
My Scenarios:
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Chrill wrote:Try to recreate Stockholms Centralstation! :) That'd be a mission of hard work :wink:
You mean because of the bridges at the entrance/exit? Yep, would be a little challenge. Or I'm wrong here and you mean the reallife station? :roll:
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Chrill wrote:Try to recreate Stockholms Centralstation! :)
Actually, that's precisely what I have done :-)
At TTD scale...
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Oh.. My mistake :P

But you can't go north, to, like Uppsala or Gävle ;) This is looking so very very cool though :)
My Scenarios:
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Time goes on... It is now 1942 and the connection between the east and west coasts is almost complete. It's not double tracked all the way, but most of it.

Let's take a trip from Göteborg (that's Gothenburg) on the west coast to Stockholm on the east.
Attachments
Going through the demographic centre of Sweden (half the population is north of here, half south). Katrineholm should really have the station house MB has drawn and called Sitges, but that's for the tropical climate...
Going through the demographic centre of Sweden (half the population is north of here, half south). Katrineholm should really have the station house MB has drawn and called Sitges, but that's for the tropical climate...
Sw_Scr17.png (91.36 KiB) Viewed 3374 times
About one third of the way, we stop in Skövde (where once the engines to the Volvo cars were made). A smaller line goes south to Jönköping, still using steamers.
About one third of the way, we stop in Skövde (where once the engines to the Volvo cars were made). A smaller line goes south to Jönköping, still using steamers.
Sw_Scr16.png (58.88 KiB) Viewed 3375 times
We start in Göteborg where the Volvo cars are made (although I have managed to put a food factory there instead).
We start in Göteborg where the Volvo cars are made (although I have managed to put a food factory there instead).
Sw_Scr13.png (87.04 KiB) Viewed 3376 times

Return to “Screenshots”