32bit Extra Zoom Graphics Works In Progress

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [32bpp] Extra zoom levels Graphics

Post by maquinista »

tsjook wrote:
maquinista wrote:This is the Tsjook building coded and finished at all zooms levels:
Shouldn't the mask make it look brown instead of blue? :lol:

At least the mask worked out very well, like you said.

Not all sprites included are by me. The snow stage, for instance, is made by maquinista.
I can't change that, It only could be done adding new color translation mode (like 8 bpp) in the 32 bpp patch. But the model is ready for that.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
mr_worf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mr_worf »

maquinista wrote:I have finished the Sprinter Class 158 modeled by Mr_worf, also, I have included the other trains in a single TAR file:
http://jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-repo/i ... file&id=56

Nice one, look forward to playing it in the game. :)
Quotomatic
"There are 10 types of people in this world.. Those who know binary and those who don't." - Anon
"Bleep Bleep" - Leonard Nemoy
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

i'm thinking of attempting to draw the farms fences
if no ones started these already, how many sprites are there? can someone post a list? and is there a template for GIMP anywhere?
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

This is the file with all the sprites needed. Remember that if You don't make them very thick, It will be easier to fit them in the fields.

Some of them was started some time ago, but It could be abandoned.
Attachments
Fences.
Fences.
farm_fences.png (7.03 KiB) Viewed 2476 times
Last edited by maquinista on 15 Dec 2009 20:21, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

great, thanks :bow:

now all i need is a template...

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

This reminds me, I've done'ish (need work) the white fences and cleanly cut hedgerow already (bar 2 sprites). I'll look around and find the files and try to get them finished soon. Think I started on the wall as well, but never made sprites.
Attachments
hedge-fence.PNG
hedge-fence.PNG (863.56 KiB) Viewed 2458 times
Ben
dbkblk
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by dbkblk »

Will theses 32bpp graphics slow down the game when the pack will be finished ? I mean, all the good innovations like cargodist, infrastructure sharing etc take more and more cpu and the game isn't coded for dual core. So, could the game show his limit with such a graphic pack ?
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Ben_Robbins_ wrote:This reminds me, I've done'ish (need work) the white fences and cleanly cut hedgerow already (bar 2 sprites). I'll look around and find the files and try to get them finished soon. Think I started on the wall as well, but never made sprites.
Awesome fences and fields!
dbkblk wrote:Will theses 32bpp graphics slow down the game when the pack will be finished ? I mean, all the good innovations like cargodist, infrastructure sharing etc take more and more cpu and the game isn't coded for dual core. So, could the game show his limit with such a graphic pack ?
Yes, 32 bpp will slow down the game. It's the price of adding features.
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

there goes my idea... :roll:

maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Lord Aro wrote:there goes my idea... :roll:
You can model other hedges, and I can release them as new GRF. Or You can model a industry:
http://wiki.openttd.org/Industrial_Buil ... raphics%29
Varivar
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Varivar »

Ben_Robbins_ wrote:This reminds me, I've done'ish (need work) the white fences and cleanly cut hedgerow already (bar 2 sprites). I'll look around and find the files and try to get them finished soon. Think I started on the wall as well, but never made sprites.
Really nice fences, especially the hedge.

I've drawn the temperate pine tree (sprite 1593), but found out that this tree was already drawn by Ben Robbins :? Instead I will use it as the forest tree or as an arctic tree.
Attachments
pine.png
pine.png (47.63 KiB) Viewed 2359 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

It looks very good, I think that it could be a good arctic tree, but they needs snow. Wacky made two stages of the forest trees, but I don't know if He will finish them.
kratt
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kratt »

I wish that Santa could finish 32bpp pack for us so we can enjoy new awesome graphics.
kratt
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

Ho ho ho! :D

maybe be xmas 2011... :(

kratt
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kratt »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, i cannot wait so much. I use 8bpp made Basemap or something. This is good also.
kratt
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

kratt wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, i cannot wait so much. I use 8bpp made Basemap or something. This is good also.
8bpp and 32 bpp are good projects. I have two OpenTTD installed, one for 8 bpp and other for 32.
kratt
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kratt »

can you upload your 32bpp somewhere i dont get it work and with savegames so i can see how others have built theyr networks. I can share you my savegame also so you can suggest me what to edit.
kratt
Varivar
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Varivar »

Lord Aro wrote:Ho ho ho! :D

maybe be xmas 2011... :(
I hope it will be earlier, but I will sure take some time to finish the 32bpp project. I Think the project has come very far, big part of the sprites has been drawn yet. If this progression continues, it might be xmas 2010 :D
Varivar
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Varivar »

Here's the 32bpp forest for both temperate and arctic climate. All sprites are coded for OpenGFX. Maquinista, could you please add the forest to the default industries tar file, I don't have ownership of that file.
Attachments
32bpp_forest.tar
coded forest sprites for both climates. These files should be added to the default industries tar file.
(570 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
in-game example
in-game example
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

i'm drooling again :P *drools*

Return to “Graphics Development”