General Worldwide Railway/Bus Chat

Take a break from playing the game and chat here about real-world transportation issues!

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

I dont thinks that this was planned:

http://www.mediatv.nl/video/ongeval20112006.html (Movie, not much sound)

Its an empty passenger train vs Cargotrain. (Wich was hauling whisky, and some other stuff :()
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

There did not seem to be much damage on the passenger train, so at least it was not a head on collision, it could have been worse. Looked nasty however to the freight.
Ukončete, prosím, výstup a nástup, dveře se zavírají
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

How did the crash actually occur? what happened?
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Thise crash was by Rotterdam, they dont know the cause of it, but i just heard that now that also a Passenger train VS cargo derailment something is happened in Arnhem. (There were passengers in it this time, dont have any information and i need to run because iw ill be to late at school :P)
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

http://www.nu.nl/news/893715/12/Treinbo ... rnhem.html

Here some pictures of the new crash, 24 wounded.
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

Uuuargh, sweet jesus no..look at the train. Looks like the poor driver will have lost his life there. Two accidents not long after each other, thats not good. :(
Georg
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Georg »

jpmaster wrote:Uuuargh, sweet jesus no..look at the train. Looks like the poor driver will have lost his life there.
No, no one died in the accident. The link "Illegal_Alien" posted mentions 24 wounded, German articeles cite 31.
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

Really? wow, wonder how he escaped that.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

He ran to the back of the train. (We have doors to the cabine inside the train)
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

If he had time to run then it was probably a SPAD.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Not necessarily - if he's got decent vision (which he must have) he's surely gonna be able to see a train a fair distance in front. Just wang the emergency brake on and run for your life and hope.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

This is the normal bus that operates the 'every 15 minute' 'Green Route' from Penn to Downley via High Wycombe: (Service 31) This bus is seen here in Wycombe, heading right towards the new bus station, then coming back this way to Penn.

Green Route 31

But the school bus i get is the 631, a double-decker normally, its age depending upon which bus comes out of the depot first each morning.

Double Decker
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Hula121
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hula121 »

Flash Burn + Photoluminescent Company Markings = Nice Effect.

The side of one of Greyhound's Motor Coach Industries G4500, taken early one October morning at the Greyhound depot in Butte, Montana. The bus was operating an eastbound service from Seattle to Billings, Montana; stopping for a meal break in Butte.

Incidentally, I would take that bus to Billings, where I would then catch a Powder River Transportation/CoachUSA bus to my destination of Denver, Colorado.
Hanamaru Navigation Group
Transit - Anime - Gaming
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

couldnt find a other topic to place these images, but lot of train and bus loonies here :wink:

Two images of modern steam tracktion, both from China, i like the doubletracktion, would be awsome to hear and see them pass on a steep mountain.
Attachments
dubbletractie-china.jpg
dubbletractie-china.jpg (177.03 KiB) Viewed 3274 times
slak-trein-china.jpg
slak-trein-china.jpg (120.16 KiB) Viewed 3275 times
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

And people say Steam is for Historians. :p
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

I got the pictures from my friend..from our afternoon trainspotting.
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

..more..
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

..final lot..
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

That's a nice spot you had there, nice and close to the track. There's a place out in the countryside near Coventry we used to go whilst visiting family, a footbridge over a 3 (soon to be 4) track section of the West Coast Main Line, always nice and busy.
“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”

Return to “Real-World Transport Discussion”