Summary of desired updates

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

wozzar
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by wozzar »

RufusRex wrote:
Every passenger should have a desired destination whether it be local to the town to other towns. For a simple ratio then 50% of all passengers should want to stay local with the other 50% wanting to travel to other towns.
Traffic Giant has this and the passengers can connect to other transport services.
LazzaH
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LazzaH »

The SUBSIDIES must be reinstated. I have been playing Locomotion on and off since its release in the UK, and I find it a bit boring without the subsidies. It used to be fun in TT to see how quickly I could set up the service required, just playing Locomotion to attain the objective in each mission I find rather uninspiring.

L
brianhed
Engineer
Engineer

Post by brianhed »

So far this is what I desire:

Allow building while paused (Its so difficult and time consuming)
One more level of zoom to see what I'm doing.
Separate the Hide building/scenery in to two separate check boxes

I like most of the others also but these would help me the most!
Last edited by brianhed on 28 Sep 2004 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
****For "thirsty" people we sure are picky about our "water"....lol****
Ravenone
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ravenone »

And, for the Hide options, make them actually fully hide the buildings, etc.. not just semi-transparent and stack them to where you still can't see.
Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

Custom color scheme for Mail van, independent from cargo carriges, and/or custom color scheme for each item separately - So that you can have red steamers, but your favourite express train is all green.

More US steamers

impreve AI to build straighter tracks, and play with the terrain instead of building bridges all the time
Royal Bavarian
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Royal Bavarian »

* Institute an option to make every structure in the game demolishable for a cost, including those of towns and above all computer-controlled companies. It's outright depressing to see your plans messed up by a freakish AI (not to mention how queer and ugly your attempts at new solutions might become).

* Rewrite the 'Artificial Incompetence' from "spaghetti" to a functional level. Yeah, I know it's utopia, but every little improvement counts. As someone earlier in this thread suggested, make AI companies use roads that are already in place instead of always building new ones, for instance.
brianhed
Engineer
Engineer

Post by brianhed »

When 5 trains are waiting for a full load of the same product at the same station...

Only load one train at a time, not a little bit to each one.
or have a priority system like first in first out.....express b4 local.....
brianhed
Engineer
Engineer

Post by brianhed »

Got another one!

When you make a mistake building track (or road), when you delete it you should get full price back for it.

Change the raising/lowering land pricing so that when a corner is lifted only 1/4 the cost of raising the whole tile is charged...
magnato
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

General update

Post by magnato »

Better management of trains
• When a train is perfectly set up (and also done performance check manually) make it t possible to order x number of the same train with same wagons and GoTo list. When putting in an extra 15 trains from one factory to the next or from a big factory to one big city, this would be a great feature.

• Option to view all trains connected to a specific station, divided in two categories, one for load and one for unload. Being able to see all the trains uploading from one station in one list and manage destinations easier.

• Often when a train is lost, you would like to find out where it is supposed to go, which signalbox it did not pass and so on. Make it possible to find the station on the map simply by clicking on the GoTo order and also a blinking dot where the train actually is would be very helpful.

• Some trains does not perform well, due to different factors. Make it possible to manage this by selling the trains directly from the train list. Let the train find its way and then sell it automatically.

• Make possible to set a standard for how well trains should perform from a given station. Trains that do not perform according to given criteria will be sold without any hassle.

• Self manage station: If the production in a big station suddenly fall there is a big risk of trains getting stuck – solution: Hire A Station Officer to make sure a given % of the potential of a station is fulfilled but not exceeded. Ex if the standard is set to 75%-90%, the officer should sell away trains, when it exceeds 90%.

Track finding
Signal station which exclude anyone without permission to go there.
When making a new loop for a far and remote city, it seems like many the trains in the game would like to try out this new loop, even if they have nothing to do there. Or even better, smart gates that tell the trains which stations are in this loop if it is a dead end.
Magnato, Oslo
Royal Bavarian
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Royal Bavarian »

Two more (simple ones):

* Re-introduce "turn at station". The current system of "turn at the end of the line only" and way-points does not work flawlessly. There is no reason whatsoever a train could only turn around at the end of its line!!!

* Abolish trains from autoturning. Currently when a train "gets bored" of waiting, it turns by itself, messing up operations on the line behind it. A train should never auto-turn.

Essentially, we now have a situation when trains don't turn when we want them to, but do when we do not. Absurd.

Hope the initiator of this thread still finds time to read it through. My other pair of suggestions are four posts to the above.
worchyld
Engineer
Engineer

Post by worchyld »

Lots of the improvements I'd like have already been covered, but I would like to have the following improvements;

* I'd really like to hire/fire members of staff who would be in charge of different parts of my company.

For example, I'd like to hire an:
a) Train Maintenance Engineer; who would look after the maintenance and replacement of my trains
b) Depot Manager; who would look after the mainteance of my trucks.
c) Rail Structuring Engineering who would replace broken/cracked/old rail tracks with new tracks.
d) I guess you could have also have wage disputes with your train and bus drivers, like in real life and have to negoitate with them like in the game Theme Park where you would move a cursor to how much you are willing to pay them.

My staff should be rating up to 5 stars. The number of stars represents how much more performance a person can give to any one train/bus, etc - for example a 1 star Train Maintenance Engineer can improve a train longevity by 5% whereas a 5 star Train Maintenance Engineer could improve a train's longveity by as much as 70-80%

* Its been said that one day Universal frieght will move by "space travel" whereby spaceships will launch frieght into space and it would arrive "almost a day earlier" due to the motion of the Earth's rotation. Perhaps space frieght could be included around 2100?

* Inspections where you get penalised for stuff, I can't think of any specific thing you would get penalised for. Pollution?

* When I'm constructing a bridge and using one the better bridges, it keeps reverting back to the ugly, slow and expensive stone bridge - especially when I want to do a corner. Please get it to keep to the bridge I chose, or one more suitable (not the stone!)

* I want to be able to bribe a city to like my company, advertising, winning of specific contracts like in the original TTDLX.

* I want to be able to buy land, and use a click-and-drag-the-mouse method to select the area I want to purchase.
Skotten
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Skotten »

1. large airports (or an new xl airport) have two runways so two planes can arrive/departure at the same time.

2. Planes adapt their speed when they fly around the airport so they can land as fast as the last plane is gone from the runway (so annoying to see the planes in the air circle and just passed the "point", when the runway is cleared)
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

* ) fix the speed limit in the game of 256mp/h for Road Vehicles and trains.
pecix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pecix »

-) I would like to have an option to set my trains load full one after another and not all at the same time like it is now... having 4+ trains loading at the same time only wastes money (for longer transport time ) and results in jams when all trains want to leave the station at the same time..

-) better signal Ai.. what i mean is if we take a simple 2 way terminus station and one train wants to move in and another one wants to move out.. lets say both could do it without crossing, but still 1 has to wait.. thats just not ok.. ;) (just an example, i'm more anoyed by this "problem" when building double or tripple lines to avoid traffic cause u just cant link them together as they would only slow each other down when they wait at crossings where they shouldnt wait as the other train is only going parallel)

-) better way to change old trams and planes.. god, changing trams is anoying...

-) faster cargo transports.. a Train that goes 250+ km/h and the fastest wagon goes only 112 km/h..?? yeah great..

-) cities grow to fast.. (maybe thats just me but i liked it more slow like in TTD)

-) having trains high up on bridges in the sky looking like they would fly realy sux..

-) 8 track stations are to small!!! ^^ i want at least 12 !!

-) oh and a problem of the german version.. you cant see the max speed of the bridges cause the translation is too long..
worchyld
Engineer
Engineer

Post by worchyld »

In Newcastle they have buses which are double-length buses that wind round corners - I'd like to see that added to the buses and perhaps a double-length Tram too!
meh106
Engineer
Engineer

A better way to do underground views

Post by meh106 »

Have a height-slice view mode, where you control what range of heights you want to be able to see. Anything above or below that range just isn't drawn (except maybe the wireframe landscape), and doesn't interact with the pointer.

Could be quite easy to drive - just make a height slider pop up down the side of the screen with a slice bar that you can drag up or down as a whole, or just drag the top or bottom end.

This would be really nice, as you could use it to see a slice through complex bridge networks above ground, as well as stuff below.
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Don't know if this was aleady posted, but Way-points as the signalboxes in TTDX would be fine.
If you have many trains running on a vast network and you rebuild a certain part of the network way-points can get lost in open feeld and the train(s) looking for it ll run around forever.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

You don't need them Zimmlock, loco got inbuilt waypoint feature for all vehicles(just click somewhere where there isn't a station when setting orders)
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Akalamanaia wrote:You don't need them Zimmlock, loco got inbuilt waypoint feature for all vehicles(just click somewhere where there isn't a station when setting orders)
You are right, but i don't agree, you cant see the waypoints when you rebuild a part of your system, and its not easy to find the trains running over certain waypoints that were lost in the reconstruction. It would be nice if the wayponts where visible while building/reconstructing tracks. Allso if a waypoint what is visible during reconstruction got lost in open space, it would be nice you can click on it and the window for the correponding train opens. So you can replace the waypoint in valved.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
tokama
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tokama »

*Invisible support<<< I don't know why this function is disappeared in LoMo since we always used it in RCT.
The "bridge's foot" blocks my visibility.

*Landscape Pointer<<< It was useful in TTD when we rise/lower the land as a grid point.

*Don't STOP when another car over-taking<<< If you drive a car on road, will you stop your drive to give the rear one ?

*Interlocking signal<<< I think somebody had adviced.

*Traffic Jam pop-up<<< When train/car keep stay in a place...

*Pre-blocking setting<<< Set how far a train blocks the forward blocks, useful for express/slow trains.

*Route remember checkbox / Route update button<<< After setting up a car/train with route,
remember the road it run on the first time,
then keep run on that original road whenever a short path is built,
until the original road is removed or player click the Route Update Button.

Return to “General Locomotion”