[WIP] INFRA by SAC

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

SAC wrote:I've focused on George's buses where I removed all those x-rated images!
I would really appreciate it if you could release this set. With George properly credited of course. If you ask him first, I'm sure he won't mind. Not everyone that plays TTD is over 21...
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Well, that wouldn't be a problem unless George doesn't mind! However, I'm far from ready to code myself yet, so could anyone possibly give me a helping hand with this?

UPDATE;

Okey, I think I'm getting more familiar with the coding part of the regular sprites. The pseudo sprites however is more confusing - although I understand parts of it. Yet again, here's an example referring to a building, (the Templeton);

Code: Select all

// Automatically generated by GRFCODEC. Do not modify!
// (Info version 4)
// Format: spritenum pcxfile xpos ypos compression ysize xsize xrel yrel
    0 * 4	 07 00 00 00
    1 * 27	 08 02 FF FF FF FF 00 43 72 65 61 74 65 64 20 62 79 20 47 52 44 54 4F 47 52 46 00
    2 * 5	 0A 01 04 5A 11
I've checked several buildings and it appears as if the second field, (starting with 1 * 27) is the same for all of them.

The third field, (starting with 2 * 5), I think I understand partially;

2 = Sprite number
* = Asterisk :P
5 = Total length of the pseudo-sprite data, in bytes

0A= Action A
01= Number of sprite sets to replace
04= Number of sprites in the set
5A= ???
11= ???

I'm not entirely sure here but at first I imagined - according to the "hard-to-read-tutorial" that these two last bytes, (5A and 11), somehow referred to the first actual sprite numbers in the "trg1r" file the above building replaces, (the first replacement sprite that is).

I've tried to use a decimal/hex converter and after some confusing tests I could only come up with that these two last numbers in all my downloaded NFO-files seems to be backwards.

The building above and it's first replacement sprite is entry 4442 in the trg1r-file. Entering 4442 in the decimal/hex converter gives me 115A - a number that for some reason must be put in the pseudo sprite field 3 above as 5A11. :shock: Could anyone explain this? Anyway, 4442 referres to the sub-tropic climate and if I gotten this correct I could make it appear in the temperate climate simply by changing this to an appropriate sprite entry in trg1r-file? Right? On another note, have I understood anything of this correct at all?

The first field above, (starting with 0 * 4), doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever! Could anyone give a proper explanation?
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Okey, had a little more look and thought of something regarding the first field, (starting with 0 * 4 in the NFO-file example in the previous post above).

Could it have something to do with the number of fields included - and by fields I mean those numbered from 0, 1, 2...and so on. In the case with the NFO-file example presented above which have fields numbered from 0 to 6, and therefor generating the first field to be;

Code: Select all

0 * 4 07 00 00 00
Is that a correct way of understanding this? If so, are there any exceptions depending on which sprite type the NFO-file referres to, (i.e. buildings, trains, roads...)?
Colonel Sheperd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Colonel Sheperd »

SAC wrote:I've focused on George's buses where I removed all those x-rated images :P :D
You say WHAT? :? And i thought they were deers (:?).
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

It's too small to be sure, but I will say, I never installed them on my younger brother's computer.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

simmer wrote:
SAC wrote:I've focused on George's buses where I removed all those x-rated images :P :D
You say WHAT? :? And i thought they were deers (:?).
Oh, they're X-rated alright, but that's not why I wanted them removed. All his buses have those images on them and I simply figured I wanted a more common ad added instead :D

But hey, no need to be offended by George's images. I really don't want to start a debate about what's appropriate or not - (I am Scandinavian with everything that comes with it) - and even though I don't get this fear of nudity among people from certain countries, lets just end it there :roll:
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

SAC, you might prefer to read about the .nfo coding at the TTDPatch Wiki.

The main entry point is http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... phicsSpecs
The action reference is http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... nsDetailed

That reference also explains why 115A must become 5A 11 in the .nfo file.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Patchman wrote:SAC, you might prefer to read about the .nfo coding at the TTDPatch Wiki.

The main entry point is http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... phicsSpecs
The action reference is http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... nsDetailed

That reference also explains why 115A must become 5A 11 in the .nfo file.
Thanks Patchman! :D Finally something that's written so normal people can actually understand it!
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Made a longer version of Purno's "NS Buffer" by adding a coach to it. This one replaces a train in the DBXL-set - which I've done in order to get a better variety of trains, (even though it may not follow the proper realistic theme as many of you want) :D

And below the first image is yet another updated version, (changed the doors to better fit the model due to its new length);
Last edited by SAC on 26 Jul 2004 17:30, edited 2 times in total.
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

SAC I very like your graphics, I'like to get them
of course you have to get all permission (from Geroge and Purno) before doing that :wink:
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

But I wonder how you got a copy of the NS Buffel. As far as I'm aware no finished graphics from the NSset have been posted. Did Purno hand it to you?
Colonel Sheperd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Hyronymus wrote:But I wonder how you got a copy of the NS Buffel. As far as I'm aware no finished graphics from the NSset have been posted. Did Purno hand it to you?
SAC wrote:Made a longer version of Purno's "NS Buffer" by adding a coach to it. This one replaces a train in the DBXL-set - which I've done in order to get a better variety of trains, (even though it may not follow the proper realistic theme as many of you want)
Or in short, i guess he copied the NS Sprites over a DB Train
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

SHADOW-XIII wrote:SAC I very like your graphics, I'like to get them
of course you have to get all permission (from Geroge and Purno) before doing that :wink:
Sure, I don't mind handing out these, but I need to seek permission first. However, since it's not possible to use additional trains along with the DBXL-set, I simply replaced one of the included trains with Purno's NS Buffer. It's therefor not a separate grf-file.
Hyronymus wrote:But I wonder how you got a copy of the NS Buffel. As far as I'm aware no finished graphics from the NSset have been posted. Did Purno hand it to you?
In fact, Purno has posted several sprite sheets of his models in his threads - they're like everywhere :D
simmer wrote:Or in short, i guess he copied the NS Sprites over a DB Train
Yes, that would be the solution if aiming for some variety in a set like the DBXL.

I asked Purno for a coach but due to lack of time he allowed me to draw it myself. I wanted a longer train set than the original NS Buffer was drawn for.

Not sure if creating a sep. NFO-file with the same data as included with the original DBXL-train would allow for a normal replacement, but probably not!
Last edited by SAC on 24 Jul 2004 21:18, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Sheperd
Tycoon
Tycoon

By the way SAC, it's Buffel :wink:
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

simmer wrote:By the way SAC, it's Buffel :wink:
:D :P Yes of course it is! Buffel it is!
Colonel Sheperd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Without the bold ;).
By the way, i took a good look at the leyland Olympian and i'd say:"George, how could you :shock: :shock: ."
In short, x-rated/18+ images are confirmed :shock: .
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

I could need a quick help from someone :!:

I want to change the speed of the Transrapid 09, (it's a monorail train engine), and I'm using the DBXL-set. I suppose I therefor can't make any changes using TTDAlter for this.

In the NFO-file, (DBXL-set), the transrapid 09 is starting with field number 1991 - or at least the regular sprites), but to change the speed of this train I assume a psuedo sprite needs to be changed. I want to change it from 502km/h to 70km/h!

Could anyone give me a quick help?
Raven
Director
Director

Post by Raven »

well, look for the action 00 refering to trains refering to the id of the transrapid, then look for the number that changes speed followed by the word vvalue that has speed on it, then calculate 70 into little endian, and voila!
6th Member of the Reciox - The Inner Circle

pak96 Simutrans Depot
http://www.raven.simutrans.com
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Raven wrote:well, look for the action 00 refering to trains refering to the id of the transrapid, then look for the number that changes speed followed by the word vvalue that has speed on it, then calculate 70 into little endian, and voila!
Hmmm...

The only fields above the regular sprites in the NFO-file are;

1987 * 1 00
1988 * 9 02 00 64 01 01 00 00 00 00
1989 * 9 02 00 65 01 01 00 00 00 00
1990 * 4 01 00 02 08

Am I right if I assume that I need to change field 1988 and/or 1989? the 02 as the first data, does that refer to Maglev? If so, are the two following "00" the Action00?

I'm still trying to learn all this at the same time as I draw/improve new sprites :P
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

In another thread is a poll about using maglev or not. Well, I never do since I think it looks utterly ugly. However, I can't say I usually use the monorail system either, but for other reasons.

Still, when playing I've also found the game to lack something more which would make more usage of cities - and not only regarding buses - so I came up with the idea to replace the monorail with a tram system instead.

I'm using Purno's "NS Lightrail" as an example, slightly re-drawn as far as doors concerns, (I intend to draw my own tram though), and the idea is to use it as is. I'm not comfortable enough with the NFO-files, (as noticed in previous posts), so I haven't been able to change the speed of the tram - 502 km/h seems a bit too fast :shock: :P , but 70 km/h seems more reasonable!

I've also re-drawn all the tracks and made them with grass to better fit the city environment, made some adjustments to crossings, and a new bridge - which have concrete as a base. I'm also using the maglev tunnel - although changed with grass, rails and some smaller adjustments.

Don't know about you, but I think it looks really cool and add something extra to the game. Still, I have some more work to do with this, such as repainting the depot, changing the station and so on, but the system itself work as supposed to - apart from the speed! :D

Any comments?
Last edited by SAC on 29 Feb 2012 09:37, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Graphics Development”