[WIP/REL] - Sydney Cityrail Platforms [V 0.2]

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

G-TANK-G
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: [WIP] - Sydney Cityrail Platforms

Post by G-TANK-G »

If you need any help or just tips on how the guys on Lomo-fanpage did there version of a station pack, I don't mind sharing what I've found out from using their pack to start making my pack some time ago. Most of it is fairly straight forward anyway, so I doubt I'll need to tell you that much :D
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

please don't make as it much as a pain in the butt as the loco fanpage stations are when using them in the game. so many people have had so many problems with those stations. the insructions were confusing and a complete mess and getting people to edit their dats, was even harder.

but anyway nice job so far, take your time on these perfection takes time :D
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

I think they look like crap.

Oops I meant look good.

Don't make them to good. Or else I'll have to start replacing some of the Aussie pixelbombs with MHQ stuff.

Honestly, your making me rethink making that Robel, BHP, Hamersley mining pack.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

Plastikman wrote:Honestly, your making me rethink making that Robel, BHP, Hamersley mining pack.
YAY for Hammo. plastik, you need to clone yourself to get more stuff done, you know the "plastikmen".
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

It's just a shame how much quality you lose when making the sprites - dropping from 600x450 rendered images to 42x26...

As for the workaround I mentioned, I'll just have two platforms (as I had before anyway), one with the station building on top, one without. Not as elegant as it could have been... but it will do. for now. When I get some tinkering time later, I may find a better way of doing it.

As for the difficulty, it should be fairly straightforward. Just like the one-sided platforms from Plastik's Provo scenario, you should just lay down the platform (in the form of a trackmod), and place an invisible platform on top of it.
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

they do look good. nice work.
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

WoW! I go away for a month, and come back to this! Nice work Hammo, make me want to move back to Sydney again!
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
[WIP] Another Aussie project...
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

Ha ha, maybe when combined with the cityrail set, you won't need to come home :P

Oh, and did I mention company coloured roofs on the station buildings? Most of them are different colours anyway, I thought it would fit in well!

Also using my brand new toy for this post - I'm surprised how easy this is on android :D
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

nice. always good to habe more aussie stuff, after all, we are the only sane ones here :wink:
pokornya
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pokornya »

Hi,

I like these. Would it be possible to make one island platform with a roof?
I´ve added roof to the one sided station shown on page 1, but they flip sides when I rotate the map. So, that´s no good.

Thanks,
Alex
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

pokornya wrote:Hi,

I like these. Would it be possible to make one island platform with a roof?
I´ve added roof to the one sided station shown on page 1, but they flip sides when I rotate the map. So, that´s no good.

Thanks,
Alex
That was the intention. Unless I've missed something, the best way I found to make the platforms was to have two separate platforms, one with, one without roofs. You could then make the platform up the way you'd like, or not even include one part in the map.

Unfortunately, I've had almost no time to work on this for ages, a uni project is taking up all my 'free' time currently. I will get back to it when I get the chance.

And BTW, the stations posted earlier were made by me, but initially with stock graphics. I then went through and replaced the sprites as I completed them. So mine never flipped :)
Hammo
Director
Director

Re: [WIP/REL] - Sydney Cityrail Platforms [V 0.2]

Post by Hammo »

V 0.2 WIP/beta on first post. READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. Particularly if you have little experience playing with locotool.
Harbon 1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Harbon 1 »

Are you not going to make a ready edited TRACKST.dat, its just i cant get the .bak into a .dat
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

The .bak would have been made because there was already a .dat there. Unless you already had a .bak there, the .dat should be the new one, .bak is the backup. To be sure, you could delete the .bak and .dat then recompile from the .xml.
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

ok... a sample .dat and trackst.

I've grabbed my active files and cleaned them up with locotool. I *think* these are cleaned of all mods - someone will need to test them though. As far as I know, the trackst file only requires Plastik's invisible station and the Syd Stat file. If anyone could let me know whether they work or not, it'd be great.
Thanks.

EDIT: Err... I forgot to rename the EMU1.dat... so to the 8 people who have downlaoded it... I changed everything inside that dat, but the .dat filename will conflict with the one already in the objdata folder. You might want to rename it before putting it in the objdata folder, but there's nothing you need to change with locotool there. just change the name of the EMU1.dat to EMU1-MOD.dat or something like that, it doesn't matter.
Attachments
trackst.dat
modded trackst file with invisible station and Syd Stats.
(137.08 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
EMUSYMOD.dat
modded stock EMU to enable Syd Stats in game.
(151.35 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”