Windows and Linux (Nightly) Downloads

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Killer 11 wrote:God damnit what the hell hapened the latest nightly for win is from aug 30 and now it is sep 4.

I think the stoping of nightlies is yet again Darkvaters foult :evil:
I want to make something completely clear:
All nightly builds are made by scripts with no human interaction. They are written and tested and once they seem stable, they are left alone to do their job.
Sometimes they stop, mainly due to unexpected external events (like moving the svn server to a new address)
It's not like it's anybody's fault when that happens, it's just bad luck.
Should they be checked on a regular basis.... maybe, but that is what you do, right :wink:
Remember that if we had to spend a lot of time making sure stuff like that worked 365 days a year, there would be less time to code new stuff.
Please remember this next time something goes wrong (or we might end up with someone named "Killed 11")

For the record, I coded the mac script to upload a new nightly build only if it downloads a new revision from the svn server. If it skips a day, it might be because nobody commited anything new or because access to the svn server was interrupted etc.
luzi82
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by luzi82 »

I think it is just a small fault
it is now fixed and everything is ok~~~ :D

oh... it is r174 now~~~ tons of thx~~~ :D
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

Darkvater wrote:It's supposed to be "~". What keyboard-layout are you using?
That doesn't work either, pressing all the keys I found a normal quote works, '. I am using a UK keyboard, well a laptop style UK keyboard.
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

In anticipation of 0.3.4 (windows) nightly builds of OpenTTD have been frozen. There will be no more nightly builds until the release of 0.3.4. It won't take longer than 1-2 days, so don't worry :)
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Ok 0.3.4 is here so were ar the builds?
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

As there has been nothing new since 0.3.4 and a codechange/fix release will come out soon, we found it unnecessary to release any nightly builds until then (they will all be the same, just with a different date on it).

Be patient ;)
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

But how about linux nightlys or sources they are from yesterday Or even today where Macos or Windows are only old ones :?
bociusz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bociusz »

Killer 11 wrote:But how about linux nightlys or sources they are from yesterday Or even today where Macos or Windows are only old ones :?
As darkvater wrote there isn't any new feature now. But if you want to be very up to date, download the SVN client and a C++ compiler, and build the game yourself.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

People seem to have been screaming for something that is the same, then so be it :).

You can expect nightlies from tonight on again (some fixes worth releasing).
Hadez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hadez »

bociusz wrote:download the SVN client and a C++ compiler, and build the game yourself.
I´d be very happy if I knew how to compile a code with my Dev-C++. Why is an open source game written in M$ VC? (yes, many developers probably use it in work, but what about others?)
dominik81
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by dominik81 »

Hadez wrote:I´d be very happy if I knew how to compile a code with my Dev-C++. Why is an open source game written in M$ VC? (yes, many developers probably use it in work, but what about others?)
You don't need a single Microsoft product to compile or play OpenTTD. It's working like a charm on Linux e.g. But for those people with Windows there are several compilers for it as well. None of them are as easy to setup as gcc in Linux though, not even MS VC++.

Anyway, one of the quickly noteable things that changed in SVN are the new checkpoint graphics. So stay tuned for todays nightly at 20:00. :D
"There's a readme that comes with the source. I suggest you read it."
- Korenn
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Hadez wrote:
bociusz wrote:download the SVN client and a C++ compiler, and build the game yourself.
Why is an open source game written in M$ VC? (yes, many developers probably use it in work, but what about others?)
Huh? It is not written in MS VS. There is just a project file that helps you set it up. For all other windows compiler environments as MinGW, or Cygwin just use the Makefile which works for *nix, MacOS, BEOS, etc. etc.
Hadez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hadez »

Perhaps I got a bad information, thank you for correcting me :). I´ll be trying to compile it by myself though, because there isn´t today´s nightly build on nightly place yet.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

f_uck

I turned on nightly builds again, but forgot to uncomment the 'upload to ftp' function there (I was testing some stuff so I needed to comment it). I might try to whip up some nightly later on tonight, otherwise you guys are out of luck until Tuesday night :(
Hadez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hadez »

Heh, that has to be called bad luck. Maybe I´ll be able to compile it on my own..., but I don´t know.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Since in the main trunk virtually nothing has changed besides the translations, I've made the nightly builds into tri-nightlies. /me thinks nobody noticed that :)
Hadez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hadez »

Darkvater wrote:me thinks nobody noticed that :)
For example I did. :P Every 3 days?
habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by habell »

Well, I noticed too. :shock:

But I'm waiting for the completion of the redesigned map structure. When that is finished I'll start downloading the nightlies again. :]
Hadez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hadez »

habell wrote:When that is finished I'll start downloading the nightlies again. :]
Once new map will be complete, there will be a new version 3.5.
habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by habell »

Hadez wrote:
habell wrote:When that is finished I'll start downloading the nightlies again. :]
Once new map will be complete, there will be a new version 3.5.
Right :?
But from that time forward the nightlies have a function (I hope) since from that point new features and updates are more frequent again.

Return to “General OpenTTD”