my windows can't read rdata.grf file.

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

melrebs
Engineer
Engineer

my windows can't read rdata.grf file.

Post by melrebs »

i had problem with this grf file . when I am about to finish extracting this ragnarok files this thing always showed in the end.. it say that my window can't open this file.. what do I nid to fix this? please healp.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
this is the problem..
(354.86 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: my windows can't read rdata.grf file.

Post by planetmaker »

grf files cannot be opened sensibly by any programme other than a hex editor. You don't try to open a dll file either, do you?

What do you try to achieve anyway? And how does this problem relate to or belong into "Graphics releases"?
melrebs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by melrebs »

:bow: I cant finish installing this ragnarok because of this rdata.grf file. I also tried to extract dis DLL but there is an error occured, can you please help me?? I realy dont know what to do with this.. by the way, what is the hex editor?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Let me start slowly, so that I even have a chance to understand:

Do you try to play OpenTTD, TTD or TTDPatch and have an issue there?

If the answer is "no", then you're completely in the wrong forum. Please go to where your question is on-topic in that case.
If the answer is "yes": what is ragnarok? And again: what do you try to achieve?
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Given its size of 300 MB it's probably not even an (Open)TTD(Patch) GRF. But just some random file with the same extension...
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

It seems like someone is trying to play Ragnarok Online, which is something completely different from OpenTTD. I think he got here by mistake because of googling .grf ;) Just a random guess though.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Ah, indeed. melrebs, please contact the game's support you want to play. We can't help you here.

Return to “Off-Topic”