Question about setting a route.

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

jt23
Engineer
Engineer

Question about setting a route.

Post by jt23 »

I want to create a diverging route that only once specific train will take, so for example I have freight and passenger trains running on the same line and I wan to set it up so that at specific junction the freight trains will take the diverging route while the passenger trains will continue straight on the mainline I know about setting up specific routes for each train and thought I had set it up correctly on all the trains making sure not to include the the diverging station on the route list. But sometimes I see a passenger train taking the diverging route. Any ideas about setting up will be greatly appreciated.
C3805.
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Question about setting a route.

Post by C3805. »

Click on the train, go to the last tab, set up a route with way points. You have to tell the train where to go.
jt23
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jt23 »

Thanks for the reply However I have already done this and the diverging is not the list waypoints and the train in question is set to express. Just out of curiosity though does it matter if the train is set to local or express when you want it to follow a specific route?
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

nope..

Your junctions do need to use pre-signals for the train to decide where to go.

do some searching around the forum on pathing. this has been covered a lot you might some good answers

In a few cases, I put an invisible 1 tile station after an intersection instead of a waypoint, i then use the route through command. very reliable...

also remember, when you change a trains route while it is running, it still remember the old route until the next cycle. stop and restart the train and make sure the next instruction it needs is the one cued.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
jt23
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jt23 »

Thanks I will do a search about pathing and see what I can find. Now I'm working on another route and having the same problem I have even stopped the trains taken them off the track and put them back on and even deleted the waypoints from its route and put in new waypoints and the train still want to take the diverging route very confusing lol :? . But I will see what I can learn from reading other peoples posts and very much appreciate the help. :D

Return to “General Locomotion”