Locomotion Beginners

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

edison
Engineer
Engineer

Locomotion Beginners

Post by edison »

Hi Orudge,
Maybe you can help me, in Chris Sawyer's Locomotion - is it possible to a scenario or maybe create a scenario that you don't have to apply for a Loan or no money involve ? In short, everything you build and destroy will be "Free of Charge"...

Looking forward for your response.

Thank you,
new member - Ed
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Locomotion Beginners

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

simple response; no, but give it an hour or two, and you should have so much money, that it doesnt matter what you do.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

go to ami.co.uk and go to downloads and then grab the trainer, after you start a game minimize, open the trainer, type in 9999999999999, then hit repay loan, then go to loco again and save and exit, restart to fix the fracked up colors and there you go
Last edited by Badger on 12 Mar 2010 08:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the link
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Vemon3D
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Vemon3D »

It doesn't work for me. I open the game then press 'start' to show desktop and type 9999999 on trainer then press Locomotion on taskbar then games back up again and still have same amount of money then I save and quit and restart then open Locomotion again then still have same amount of money. Sorry but I'm desperate to get more cash :oops:
BRISBANE
new world city

Bored? Lets play way different scenario!
Rugged and rough coastline - very mountainous - very very very limited flat lands - interesting map - French / English fictional scenario -
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 63#p869963
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

Vemon3D wrote:It doesn't work for me. I open the game then press 'start' to show desktop and type 9999999 on trainer then press Locomotion on taskbar then games back up again and still have same amount of money then I save and quit and restart then open Locomotion again then still have same amount of money. Sorry but I'm desperate to get more cash :oops:
Build better networks then...
Part of the enjoyment of this game is making money, not cheating...
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
[WIP] Another Aussie project...
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

I agree, my most fun game of late, I went bust, and reloaded atleast 5 times.

Play a train sim if you want to watch trains on pretty networks. even better, go trainspotting.
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

bust.. bust.. what... how can you go bust, man, guess you forgot, trams at first may be slow income rate, but its constant.
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

I rarely build trams, and I always rake in a profit. And most of my games involve solely (or almost solely) passenger services/networks. I usually start by linking a large town (largest or largest conveniently placed one) to another large(ish) town within "reasonable distance" - I usually almost max out the initial loan on single track, then borrow more for the train. After that, I usually build 1-2 smaller services, often in strategic areas which will later become part of the main line.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

I only use the pztrain trainer for unlimited money to show of my little. e-peen.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Vemon3D
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Vemon3D »

I always build train networks, mainly passengers and coal and food such as grains and livestocks.

Well, mostly, I don't need to cheat but one specific map is which I need to get more cash is Sherman Hill, it need to build long train track from Point A to Point B through the valleys and hills and plains. I haven't had a clue to make it profit because it took trains ages to get full load then ages to travel across the entire map and unload then travel across again to full load. I always get above $700,000 profit for single transit for coal but always drop to minus $450,000 because of loans. =[

Once when train completed full load of coal at Point A and on way to Point B and it always warn me that my company will bankrupt in 6 months and then 3 months but my trains always arrive Point B before I earn $700,000+ profit to save my company from bankrupt. That is the main reason why I'm un-motivated to play Sherman Hill. Oh well.

Yes, trams are useless. But the trams or buses will be good to "aid" the profit same time you're working on large project such as cross-city train infrastructure or Metro system under the city grounds.
BRISBANE
new world city

Rugged and rough coastline - very mountainous - very very very limited flat lands - interesting map - French / English fictional scenario -
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

Vemon3D wrote:It doesn't work for me. I open the game then press 'start' to show desktop and type 9999999 on trainer then press Locomotion on taskbar then games back up again and still have same amount of money then I save and quit and restart then open Locomotion again then still have same amount of money. Sorry but I'm desperate to get more cash :oops:
Opel loco through the trainer. Then itll work!
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
Vemon3D
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Vemon3D »

... literally I did it. It doesn't work ... at all. Even if I press 'add more' money then go back to Locomotion then I save it then quit the game due to fizz then restart the game, still same amount of money.

Is there minimum game screen size option rather than maximum game screen?
BRISBANE
new world city

lego_trains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by lego_trains »

Vemon3D wrote:... literally I did it. It doesn't work ... at all. Even if I press 'add more' money then go back to Locomotion then I save it then quit the game due to fizz then restart the game, still same amount of money.

Is there minimum game screen size option rather than maximum game screen?

Minimum - Maximum game size? what are you talking about?

did you try reading the read me? It tells you how to use the program. there is no fuzz issues if you use it correctly.
Read Me wrote: Locomotion Trainer v1.0 Readme
======================================
By another_lomo_player

This is a trainer for Locomotion with 1.76 patch.

FUNCTIONS:
I Quick Year Jump
II Advance Year Jump
III Money Cheat
IV Performance Index Cheat

QUICK YEAR JUMP:
Will jump fast to selected year. But you would get the new vehichles that
has been released after you have jumped.

ADVANCE YEAR JUMP:
Most advance function. Will jump to each 26-29th december each year.
Then it will wait to 3 Januar and jump to december again.
You have to choose how many years the cycle will go.
This will make that you can get all vehichles fast.
Each year takes around 2-6 seconds.

WARNING: While using this function, you must not use fast foreward or ultra fast foreward.
If you do that, jumping several year at once will be the result, and you will not get all the vehicles.

MONEY CHEAT:
Will give you selected amount of money extra.

PERFORMANCE INDEX CHEAT:
Change your performance index with this functions.
The index must be written in per thousand, not in per hundred(percent).
Also 50% performance index in LoMo, is 500(‰) in my trainer.

SHORTCUTS:
Ctrl+M = Money Cheat
Ctrl+Y = Quick Year Jump
Ctrl+R = Performance Index Cheat
Ctrl+A = Advance Year Jump

OTHER THINGS:
The .manifest file is for xp-skin support.
Only for Xp/2000 (is not tested on win9x).

Any problems, bugs or just good ideas?
Post them here: <link to the uploadplace's forums>

Or send them to: *Removed to stop spam*
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Vemon3D »

... literally again... I did try those. Never works. I did read the readme and what you gave me, that quoted stuff is from readme.

I did try ctrl + m WHILE the Trainer is open during when I'm playing Locomotion, doesn't even work at all. Maybe my computer's a problem because I have some problems with my computer lately such as compitablity and modem issues.
BRISBANE
new world city

SD89MAC
Director
Director

Post by SD89MAC »

Vemon3D wrote:... literally again... I did try those. Never works. I did read the readme and what you gave me, that quoted stuff is from readme.

I did try ctrl + m WHILE the Trainer is open during when I'm playing Locomotion, doesn't even work at all. Maybe my computer's a problem because I have some problems with my computer lately such as compitablity and modem issues.
You have to start Locomotion with the trainer or else it won't work.
Image - Winner of the 2010 - Best New User Award (Locomotion Forum)
Harbon 1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Harbon 1 »

SD89MAC wrote:
Vemon3D wrote:... literally again... I did try those. Never works. I did read the readme and what you gave me, that quoted stuff is from readme.

You have to start Locomotion with the trainer or else it won't work.
Then press F1
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

There is no F1 on the program in question.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Harbon 1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Harbon 1 »

Oooh, my mistake :oops:

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”