buildings

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Segadude3000
Engineer
Engineer

buildings

Post by Segadude3000 »

Is there a way to stop the growth of Towns? Because im making map of my area, and don'twant to mess it up
locomo-dk1
Engineer
Engineer

Re: buildings

Post by locomo-dk1 »

Segadude3000 wrote:Is there a way to stop the growth of Towns? Because im making map of my area, and don'twant to mess it up
Build a ONE-Way road all the way around the town. That will keep the town within that road.
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

Don't transport passengers.
-
-
39 years experience with trains and still driving.
-
-
Segadude3000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Segadude3000 »

your right, there are just Freight in my Area, no buses i've seen

This will be FUN!
locomo-dk1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by locomo-dk1 »

Segadude3000 wrote:your right, there are just Freight in my Area, no buses i've seen

This will be FUN!
Actually I think goods and food also makes a city grow if you supply those things to it.
pe13
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by pe13 »

it does, i had a small city just big enough for goods and food, then i supplyed it with it, and the city muliplied itself by many times in a few years.
WTTPSCS
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WTTPSCS »

I, myself, have noted that even if left alone, towns and cities grow, though growth is very slow. Also, I've found that any transport service speeds the growth process, though Goods, Food, Mail, and Passengers speed growth expontialy, transport of other cargo to an industry slightly speed growth.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

when i make a random map or look for a map to play, I tend to stick to a small number of towns per map. something low like 6. maybe up to 10 or 12 in some situations. i also give them a lot of room away from each other. the few exceptions are if one town is a suburb of another or there is a river or some similar obstacle.

this gives me lots of room to build my trains. it also allows my towns to grow into their own cities and not bother me.

I personally hate these maps with 40 cites on them. something about my train being longer then a major city or touching two cities at once is unrealistic.

perhaps this is because i tend to play the freight train engineer more then the passenger side.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

Moved to the correct section.

Andel
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Segadude3000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Segadude3000 »

The city would be too small for that kind of stuff (in Locomotion, Not real life)
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

i start out with large or metropolis towns. they grow fast anyways.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Azetta
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Azetta »

Another option is to make road junctions impossible. Once you connect the existing roads, towns will never expand. This way, you can control town growth completely. All you have to is add some rough road, and the town will convert it to regular road, and build some buildings next to it. You can keep your towns small or let them grow some more. Just like Simcity.

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”