Locomotion Screenshots and Videos (No off-topic posting)

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Azetta
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [Locomotion] Pictures of your games (No off-topic posting)

Post by Azetta »

Thanks, it was great fun indeed. Normally I hate these huge cities in Locomotion, but this time the city coudn't keep up with my expansion.

CRATSCH
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CRATSCH »

One screenie from my newest game. Part of a big harbour yard.
Attachments
Screenshot134.PNG
(327.61 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
LaSeandre
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by LaSeandre »

Here's one from my East Anglia save. It's the approach of Liverpool St. and Fenchurch St. (combined them to save money).
Screenshot2.jpg
Liv St. and Fench St. Approach
(333.77 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

crazy man
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

How well does it flow? Is your LTS a misery line?
LaSeandre
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by LaSeandre »

Misery Line?
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Ack! this is not US stock.... WTF.

Game I have been playing for no reason at all.
Main High speed line cutting through a storage yard past a small depot.
this town is growing so big, it might warrant a station for the TGV's
Attachments
Screenshot11.png
Screenshot11.png (176 KiB) Viewed 2127 times
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
CRATSCH
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CRATSCH »

wow....nice one :) i saw some of theese on lm-fanpage....wery nice work!!
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Just a small update to the last shot. added a Station on the High Speed line and could not keep up the passenger and mail demand. I even had to get the La Poste to lend some spare mail cars for the Thalys TGV's. I even had to put my old ICE back into service that was on the scrap line (with a rebuild of course).

The Freight depot has been abandoned and marked for demolition. It has aslo been cut off from the main to try and remove slow trains off that line. There is a new depot across town. I think someone forgot to remove the old switcher from the line. I guess it will sit there until someone gets hurt playing on it.
Attachments
Screenshot15.png
Screenshot15.png (160.53 KiB) Viewed 2047 times
Owen-Alexander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Owen-Alexander »

Plastikman wrote:Just a small update to the last shot. added a Station on the High Speed line and could not keep up the passenger and mail demand. I even had to get the La Poste to lend some spare mail cars for the Thalys TGV's. I even had to put my old ICE back into service that was on the scrap line (with a rebuild of course).

The Freight depot has been abandoned and marked for demolition. It has aslo been cut off from the main to try and remove slow trains off that line. There is a new depot across town. I think someone forgot to remove the old switcher from the line. I guess it will sit there until someone gets hurt playing on it.
i would very like to play that senario and i think you have done a good job in improving the way the line goes
My First attempt at multi-lane stations and was a large success
My First attempt at multi-lane stations and was a large success
Screenshot8.jpg (298.61 KiB) Viewed 474 times
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Owen-Alexander wrote:i would very like to play that senario
there lies the problem. It is a beta of one of Zimmlock's maps. We both we found a few bugs in the Dekosoft pack and the UP power pack that has corrupted the only good copy of the map.

My TGV will be going down the track and if i save the game, it turns into 10 coal cars going 200 mph with no engines carrying 150 passengers.. uhhh?!?!

Besides that, the point of the map is to make 500,000 cars with the automod. I am 30 years in and not built one car(I don't have any Euro autoracks made yet, Even if I did make some cars... how could I move them?).

Zimmlock is using all US stuff and over 80 years in to his game and built about the same number of autos (zero). I don't think his bugs are as bad but they are similar.
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

As Plastikman wrote a new scenario, i made it to be able to have generouse yards and long trains with a tough challange, transport 500.000 cars.
Unfortunatly something is spooky with the scenario, i can play it as long as i do not MOD a thing, i have a saved game that is fully MOD and playable, but cant release that, to many beta stuff selected.
I ll have a look if i can get the scenario clean, if yes i ll release it.
Back to the game, it started at 1975, the year now is 2060 and i didnt transport one automobile, but i am close the autoplant is provided with parts and steel but i didnt build the loading bays, having trouble more down the line my attention needing.
Some screenies;
Attachments
Its here in 1975 i started to build my empire
Its here in 1975 i started to build my empire
SweetWater grainsilos.jpg (209.31 KiB) Viewed 531 times
one of the two gain farms on the map
one of the two gain farms on the map
grain-farm.jpg (269.77 KiB) Viewed 519 times
the map its selve
the map its selve
new-map.jpg (104.94 KiB) Viewed 517 times
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

more this is the junction that gave me a lot of work / fun.
Attachments
evolution of a junction 1.jpg
(311.64 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
evolution of a junction 2.jpg
(405.83 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
evolution of a junction 3.jpg
(399.54 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

hauling coal
Attachments
coal freight.jpg
(605.51 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
more coal.jpg
(621.33 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
steel plant.jpg
(636.07 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

last the auto parts plant at full trottle
Attachments
autoparts plant.jpg
(615.14 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

Really nice scenario, I would love to play it. Is that water tower a special item like a lighthouse or part of an industry?
Zimmlock wrote:I ll have a look if i can get the scenario clean, if yes i ll release it.
You have you tried loco backup?
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

locomo-dk1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by locomo-dk1 »

Plastikman wrote:Ack! this is not US stock.... WTF.

:lol: ha ha ha

Is some of the rolling-stock selection from the German locomotion-fanpage? They look very nice on the picture.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

locomo-dk1 wrote:
Plastikman wrote:Ack! this is not US stock.... WTF.

:lol: ha ha ha

Is some of the rolling-stock selection from the German locomotion-fanpage? They look very nice on the picture.
Very little of it. this is just stuff I had made in the past that is not American. I was just making some adjustments on them and ended up playing.

The cargo wagons are part of the Portugal pack that sort of ran into a wall when my train guy from Portugal went on vacation.
The Ice is in the next Amtrak pack.
The TGV's are just something I had made while messing around they are not available. I guess I could pack them up.
You can find some outdated beta versions of the DB BR103 @ http://www.locomotion-fanpage.net/forum ... fileid=896
The same for the Trans Europe Express coaches http://www.locomotion-fanpage.net/forum ... fileid=897
The DGR E60 http://www.locomotion-fanpage.net/forum ... 700&lim=20
the V221 http://www.locomotion-fanpage.net/forum ... 780&lim=20
locomo-dk1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by locomo-dk1 »

Thanks.

I am just a bit surprised to see that you actually have made some european trains. There was another comment a few weeks ago from someone saying that the trains on the locomotion-fanpage were NOT high quality. But the trains on the picture are high quality ?( And because I have not downloaded any german trains from that site you can probably now understand why I am surprised.

Maybe I am missing something, but is there any logic in adding the ICE to an Amtrack pack? ( And yes I know you have made the Umbrella-company, and that THAT is not to be taken seriously ), but I guess the rest of the packs are more in line with real-life trains. :D
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

The ICE-1 and an X2000 has been tested in America for Amtrak, wich becamse the current Acela Express.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...

Return to “General Locomotion”