[OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

RedCasey
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by RedCasey »

Don't know if I am being daft but I can't find anything that transports goods in FIRS temperate basics. When I sort wagons by cargo "goods" nothing shows up.

Thanks,
Casey
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

This set is more for passenger transport, in 1950 I only have two trucks in the tropics, which really won't carry everything - and I tried it with AXIS - I recommend using one more "auxiliary" set, like Iron Horse?
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

RedCasey wrote: 10 Jun 2024 20:08 Don't know if I am being daft but I can't find anything that transports goods in FIRS temperate basics. When I sort wagons by cargo "goods" nothing shows up.

Thanks,
Casey
The Class 325 (1995) and MPV (container version, 1999) should be available shortly both carry Goods

The Container Flatbed should also carry goods from 1966

Prior to 1966 there isn’t anything currently which is a gap I’m hoping to fill soon, but from 1966 you should always have at least one option

I think this is a mismatch where FIRS Goods do not use the same Piece Goods cargo category as standard Goods cargo does

I’ll take a look, I’ve not changed much since the last release so I should be able to just adjust the cargo types and drop a save game-compatible release
Jon
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

Argus wrote: 10 Jun 2024 21:07 This set is more for passenger transport, in 1950 I only have two trucks in the tropics, which really won't carry everything - and I tried it with AXIS - I recommend using one more "auxiliary" set, like Iron Horse?
Yeah it’s something I’m working on, and the game should be playable in the modern era (notwithstanding the bug above), but for now we’re still short on a few early wagons

The last couple of releases increased the number of steam trains from 2 to about 12, so early gameplay is definitely something I want to improve!
Jon
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

RedCasey wrote: 10 Jun 2024 20:08 Don't know if I am being daft but I can't find anything that transports goods in FIRS temperate basics. When I sort wagons by cargo "goods" nothing shows up.

Thanks,
Casey
This should now be fixed in v2.11 (available on BaNaNaS), both the Container Wagon etc allowing the correct refits and an additional goods van available from the very early game (~1848)

There are still a couple of notable freight gaps, eg no bulk (coal etc) hopper available 1850-1880, and no early or mid game tanker wagons (only available from 1966) which is the most glaring omission, but most cargoes should now be available for most of the game
Jon
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Well done :) A lot of old national train sets don't support modern industrial sets, so I got used to using two trainsets.
tao_ger
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tao_ger »

Hello, I found some issues. The LU 2024 Stock’s passenger capacity is abnormally high. (A vehicle can carry nearly 10000 people). Some trams also have this problem (Abnormal high passenger capacity). I suggest you check all new trams and metros in v2.10 update. Also, I found the “metro trains and tram availability” NewGRF parameters seems doesn’t working, I change that but nothing happens. I really like this new metros and trams. Could you fix that?
RD0B0UR[J]AGGJIFSPUJR~5.png
(297.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
)]NDIG{Z~NZSWJ(%NERY4BY.png
(294.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

Thanks, yeah that’s definitely a bug 😂 it looks like the metro-as-tram versions are using the “whole vehicle” capacity and applying it per car (so a 6 car unit has about 6x too much capacity, for example). The metro units often deliberately have higher capacity than the rest of the set (the idea being that they’re used for standing passengers not just seating capacity, and to differentiate them better) but they shouldn’t be THAT high

I’ll fix that for the next update which should hopefully add a few more metro-as-tram units
Jon

Return to “Graphics Development”