Compatibility with NewGRFs that provide new trains or new/modified rail types is not guaranteed. In some cases it may be necessary to remove all wagons from a train for Autoreplace to be successful but there should be no problems with the default engines and wagons.
If you want more of a challenge, set the "Enable push/pull behaviour" parameter and have a look at this post. It requires building a "Universal Engine" to push/pull trains to new depots. It might be really tedious though so it isn't the default behaviour.
- Players can build Universal Rail track which allows any of the default trains to run on it. This defeats the purpose of having different rail types but currently it's the only way to make this GRF function. It's up to you to use or abuse this feature. Of course, you can set the speed limit and construction cost of the track in the parameter menu to add some kind of penalty. In addition, Universal Rail track looks like normal railway track so it may be confusing if you build a lot of it. Note that if you build a Universal Depot at a 45degree angle to other rail, a small piece of Universal Rail track may be built automatically. This is unavoidable.
- Compatibility fixes
- Universal rail track speed limit can be set by parameter (defaults to unlimited)
- Universal rail track construction cost multiplier can be set by parameter
- Universal engine does not need to be constructed
- Added readme that can be accessed ingame
- Add Universal Rail and Universal Engine
2.0.1 is not compatible with earlier versions of Universal Rail Type.
I recommend using 2.0.1 or newer rather than 2.0.0. It contains some additional safety measures to protect against messing up your games.
BaNaNaS (a search for "univ" should be sufficient. Check this page if you have no idea what that means)
Kindly hosted by DevZone and built using the NML Build Framework; big thanks to all involved.
From the original request here.