I've recently got back into coding NoCAB and decided some big changes need to be made which means I cannot guarantee that every iteration will be as stable as the original NoCAB. Therefore I'll be using this channel for developing the next iteration of NoCAB (version 2.2). Please let me know if you come across any bugs, once it is stable enough and includes all the features I want it to contain it will be released as NoCAB 2.2.0.New Features:
Bugs to crush:*
- Upgrade existing connections using a different connection type (e.g. upgrade a road connection to a train connection).
- Better handling of build failures and fail gracefully. NoCAB now stops construction and destroys everything it made (if necessary).
- Support trams / helicopters.
"travelFromNode does not exist" (http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=947564#p947564
Ship docks sometimes build too far away from industry (http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=948615#p948615
Assert failure after completing construction of a connection (http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=936856#p936856
New trains keep getting build even though the line has reached maximum throughput http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=948918#p948918
.Bux fixed in SVN version:
Loading / Saving takes too long (http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=942632#p942632
"Saved connections are loaded twice!" (http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=949318#p949318
"Trying to build vehicles for connections which do no longer exist." (http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=949201#p949201
Sometimes bits of existing rail roads are removed when building a connection failed.*
Terraforming creates weird ridges at times which sometimes fails connections.
Please add more to the list if you find new bugs. They'll be squashed ASAP.
- BramP.S. You need a nightly later than rev. 22584 - otherwise the AI will not work!
-= Version 2.2a4 =-
* Terraforming issues solved.
* Train deconstruction does not remove pieces of rails of other connections anymore (hopefully!).
* Engines to be used are now evaluated on a connection to connection base. So expect to see a very diverse fleet as different connections might be better served with different vehicles.
* Repay loan at the very beginning of the game - no need for unnecessary losses!
* Upgraded to API 1.2.
* Check slopes for road and train paths (thx ac84!).
* The decision making process now takes into account the amount of money which will be made the next X months and can now decide to wait X months before doing construction because this will yield more income in the long run.
* A lot of other bugs fixed and massive code cleanup (WIP).
-= Version 2.2a3 =-
* Fixed a problem with saving.
-= Version 2.2a2 =-
* Problem with loading saved games.
* Fixed a problem where we tried to build vehicles for connections which do no longer exist.
* Make sure the depots and docks are removed if building a ship connection failed.
* Some code cleaning.
-= Version 2.2a1 =-
* Made loading and saving a LOT faster. Before it went over all possible industry connections to find the matching pairs