TT-Screenshot Of The Month - April 2012 to November 2013

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TT-Screenshot Of The Month - December Voting[please re-v

Post by Quast65 »

Pingaware wrote:Just noticed a special little something in CPR1983's screenshot - love it.
I think it is Santa Claus!
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Pingaware wrote:Just noticed a special little something in CPR1983's screenshot - love it.
You mean the horse-drawn carriage on an invisible bridge :lol:
CPR1983
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CPR1983 »

Yes the idea was to be Santa Claus. Its a little small though. And yes the horse drawn carriage on an invisible bridge. Its the best I could do to gibe it a little effect :D
Chris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Chris »

Emperor Jake wrote:EDIT: Class 165, are those Swedish trains?
Why yes they are :)
Screenshots

Formerly Class 165
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

CPR1983 wrote:Yes the idea was to be Santa Claus. Its a little small though. And yes the horse drawn carriage on an invisible bridge. Its the best I could do to gibe it a little effect :D
Indeed a very nice effect, and one of the most creative uses of eGRVTS (that's fallen put of favour with me thanks to romazoon :lol: ) I've seen yet!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

A321Pilot wrote:
CPR1983 wrote:Yes the idea was to be Santa Claus. Its a little small though. And yes the horse drawn carriage on an invisible bridge. Its the best I could do to gibe it a little effect :D
Indeed a very nice effect, and one of the most creative uses of eGRVTS (that's fallen put of favour with me thanks to romazoon :lol: ) I've seen yet!
/me adds eGRVTS to his "to steal" list. :D
Lots of excellent competition here from everybody. :mrgreen:
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

What intrigue :D ! I wonder who will win. Each screenshot is worthy of victory. Good luck to everyone :)
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Wait whut? Something wrong with that poll. I sent in the most crappy screenshot, expecting I'd be ending up as loser, and suddenly I'm on top with the votes? :shock:

Something is not right here...

I voted on the Toyland shot. Considered using Toyland myself as I think snow is a bit of a cliché, but couldn't come up with something decent, so I ended up displaying the downside of snow; traffic jams :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Humor always works well in these kind of polls; I'm not surprised ;)

Great screens again though =)
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Purno wrote:Wait whut? Something wrong with that poll. I sent in the most crappy screenshot, expecting I'd be ending up as loser, and suddenly I'm on top with the votes? :shock:

I voted on the Toyland shot. Considered using Toyland myself as I think snow is a bit of a cliché, but couldn't come up with something decent, so I ended up displaying the downside of snow; traffic jams :P
I resent the notion that "snow is cliched", as I'm an Aussie - what snow?!? It's not Christmas unless it's a million degrees in the shade.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Raichase wrote:I resent the notion that "snow is cliched", as I'm an Aussie - what snow?!? It's not Christmas unless it's a million degrees in the shade.
Yeah, but I'm European. It seems Europeans can't have a proper Christmas without begging for snow, while in reality, only causes major problems with traffic. :P

I won't complain we haven't had snow this Christmas :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

Purno wrote:Wait whut? Something wrong with that poll. I sent in the most crappy screenshot, expecting I'd be ending up as loser, and suddenly I'm on top with the votes? :shock:

You did the best job at displaying a transport-related effect of the overall situation around christmas - just what I was looking for when I decided what to pick for my vote. 8)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

/me sends Purno some snow.
/me sends Raichase a rather large hat.
:mrgreen:
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

How suitable! Thankyou sir!
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Didn't think I would get any votes - I thought everyone hates toyland :P
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Emperor Jake wrote:Didn't think I would get any votes - I thought everyone hates toyland :P
I hate toyland haters. I kinda like the sillyness of Toyland, and with the Christmas theme, I think it's well fitting.
Image Image
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

darn purno, perfect looking scaling there, to bad the vehicles wont "overtake" on the 1-way road, filling up both freeway lanes with traffic...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

It's not a one way road, as that displays ugly arrows on the road.
However, road vehicles refuse to overtake when vehicles are manually stopped and form a line.

If only I had gantry signs showing two lanes closed... :mrgreen:
Image Image
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

Purno wrote:It's not a one way road, as that displays ugly arrows on the road.
However, road vehicles refuse to overtake when vehicles are manually stopped and form a line.

If only I had gantry signs showing two lanes closed... :mrgreen:
wasnt there a GRF option to disable the arrows? (or cant the highway overlap like the ISR overlap tiles do?)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TT-Screenshot Of The Month - December Voting

Post by Purno »

I'd like to thank everyone who voted on my entry and like to remember anyone else you have limited time to prevent me winning this :P

If I win, this will have serious consequences for the theme for next competition ;)
Image Image

Return to “Screenshots”