[WIP/REL] British Steam Locos

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [REL] British Steam Locos

Post by Kevo00 »

Oooh, another excuse to spend some Locomotioning time! :D
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

Just tried it out... And even though im a diesel and electric fan, i find this pretty good.
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

I am gonna have to roll out Lomo again and play it with my Devon map, some SR steamers would go nicely too *wink*.
Viking37057
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Viking37057 »

Great set DJC! love the locomotives, i say you got them just about perfect. just one tiny query, it may just be my download, but when the locomotives reach a cruising speed, i noticed that there was no sound. the only sound generated is when the locos are pulling out from a station, then it goes quiet. Is this something to be still tweaked, or is it a bug in the download? Great work again dude, sorry if i sound critical! :bow:
blackfour
Engineer
Engineer

Post by blackfour »

A brilliant pack! This really makes the game pre-1950 playable for me, with a good balance of goods, tank and express classes, and the new coaches! Only thing I'd add would be a few brake coaches, to allow mail to be carried as well as passengers (I've edited the autocoach to carry 8 bags of mail, seemed prototypical to an extent).

Tom
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 60007 »

Hiya DJC, glad to hear you've finally released the BR set, I can't wait to play it, just my locomotion CD doesn't work now XD so thats why I've been out of action for a while, I'll be going shopping at some point to get my 3rd! locomotion CD

Not Dead!

~Andy
LNER and LMS, Kings of The ECML and WCML
GWR - Gresley Was Right
WIPS: Various UK Stuffs for Locomotion
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Its a fantastic addition to Lomo. Its got me playing again. If only it did paxdest and pathbased dignalling and multiplayer then OTTD would be out the window!

I love all the GWR stuff and it has got me playing my Devon map again. All of the 2-6-2Ts, 0-6-0s and City classes are running all overt the place. I even have some Dean goods moving cargo about.

Well done!
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Double post: A screenie from my current game -
Attachments
Screenshot16.PNG
Screenshot16.PNG (131.76 KiB) Viewed 3311 times
DJC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJC »

Thanks everyone, glad to hear you are enjoying the set. Hopefully there will be more on the way soon. :)

@Viking - Any constructive comments are very welcome. My locos have exactly the same sounds as the ones in the game. It's possible to make new sounds, but that involves having seperate sound files (I think) and so I'm just going to keep things simple and use the default sounds.

@EXTspotter - Nice shot. I've got some Southern locos planned in future, so watch this space.

@Andy - Nice to hear from you again. Please don't get my set confused with the BR set. :lol: ;) Got some ex-GER steamers in the works right now, in fact the N7 was included in this first release.
Things I've made for Locomotion:
Scenarios: East Anglia | Trans Oceanic | Scotland | Narrow Gauge Nuts
Locomotives: (REL) BR 0-6-0 J94 | (REL) UK Steam Pack

My Flickr
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Enjoying this set very much - the Dean Goods is a real boon at the start of the game. Really reduces the boredom factor of only having the one loco available in the early years. My one request would be some sort of mail carrying or guards van for the early days - any plans to produce a toad or similar?
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

An early Mail Carrying BCK would be a nice addition.
APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

Where can I get that scenario?
I was on holiday near there this morning I got back home 4 hours ago.
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
If you want to have a go at War Thunder, PM me, I have an invite code.
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

My one? Its on here under Devon Metro, however you will need to add in the .dats you want yourself via scenario editor.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 60007 »

After an eventful couple of weeks I've found my way onto tt forums again, my locomotion disk now works (only took for my hard drive to become corrupted and then saved by a vista computer and then finally put back onto my computer XD)

I downloaded your stuff straight away DJC, but I've found a few Dat's don't work

LNER Silver A4
LMS Princess
LNER SJ1, SJ2, SJ3

Don't know if its my computer, but just letting you know ;D

On another note, I should have a couple of locos to release very soon aswell

~Andy
GWR - Gresley Was Right
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

60007 wrote:I downloaded your stuff straight away DJC, but I've found a few Dat's don't work
What do you mean by "don't work"? You'll need to be more specific that that.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 60007 »

Whenever I add them to the objectdata, then load locomotion, locomotion comes up with the error, cannot load

~Andy
GWR - Gresley Was Right
DJC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJC »

Hmmm, they work fine for me, and I assume they do for everyone else. Not sure I can help you there.

Coming soon:
Attachments
BR black.png
BR black.png (5.15 KiB) Viewed 3037 times
Things I've made for Locomotion:
Scenarios: East Anglia | Trans Oceanic | Scotland | Narrow Gauge Nuts
Locomotives: (REL) BR 0-6-0 J94 | (REL) UK Steam Pack

My Flickr
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

60007 wrote:Whenever I add them to the objectdata, then load locomotion, locomotion comes up with the error, cannot load

~Andy

sounds like a "scenario bug". not objdata bug.

Viking37057 wrote:Great set DJC! love the locomotives, i say you got them just about perfect. just one tiny query, it may just be my download, but when the locomotives reach a cruising speed, i noticed that there was no sound. the only sound generated is when the locos are pulling out from a station, then it goes quiet. Is this something to be still tweaked, or is it a bug in the download? Great work again dude, sorry if i sound critical! :bow:
If you notice, all default steamers do that. There is a bug in the steamer sound files and they do not play after the first few "chuffs".

The ones I sent to DJC had new sounds/sound code in them. He is more then welcome to use them.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 60007 »

Plastikman wrote:
60007 wrote:Whenever I add them to the objectdata, then load locomotion, locomotion comes up with the error, cannot load

~Andy

sounds like a "scenario bug". not objdata bug.

it won't even let me get to a scenario, it won't even load the game, it gets halfway after checking the dats, and then comes up with the error

on a side note, DJC that 9F and J13 look fantastic!
GWR - Gresley Was Right
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

could be a bad dat, but sounds more like scenario bug.. depends on the error you get.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”