[RELEASE] Tatra Electric Railways v3.6

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Kosov_1986 wrote: Sorry, i don't know it but if you ever find Hungarian site about historical GANZ EMUs, send the link, i try to translate it.
Well, that's the thing, haven't found any yet. I'll keep looking though.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

About that Stadler i have got some better pictures of the head of that Stadler we have in The Netherlands;

Only there is one problem if you want to make a the 3 part versions; Locomotion will let the train go inverse but the bogey position thing will screw it up; i have got 1 idea;

The front cars; Just 1HP* and Dualhead
The midcars - Just normal wagons thing
The Powercar <- Will get the correct power specifications etc.

* This because otherwise it works like the apt and you will have the powercars behind eachother now you can do: ( [] = Powercar )

/__________[]_________||__________\
or
/__________[]_________||__________||__________\
or
/__________||_________[]__________[]__________||__________\

Etc etc. And the AI would need to but it too ;)
Attachments
DCP_2038.JPG
(293.78 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
DCP_2043.JPG
(291.71 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
DCP_2051.JPG
(169.64 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Hmm. Not an elegant solution though. Anyway, I'll do the graphics and then we can have a go at the XML, see what comes up. BTW, I'll do the GTW also in slovak railways' colors - see image.

I just don't know what to do first now. Gimme some time, I'll get to it. :wink:
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Dont worry i have the time; and yes i know that it isnt an elegant solution; but then again; you only need to tick 2 types of engines instead of cliking multiple trainversions :) Btw; This Stadler of me is a standardgauge one :)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Illegal_Alien wrote:Dont worry i have the time; and yes i know that it isnt an elegant solution; but then again; you only need to tick 2 types of engines instead of cliking multiple trainversions :) Btw; This Stadler of me is a standardgauge one :)
Mine too. :)

I've looked at the Stadler website and there's actually lots of companies using these standard-gauge / diesel GTWs - 2 in Italy, 3 in Germany, a greek one, Arriva and the slovak railways too. So I'll probably do a new pack with all these, too much to include it in this Tatra one. :wink:
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

While researching the next train, class 420 of the Tatra Railways, it occured to me that the designs of trams / trains from Tatra look quite similar to each other.

Just to show, here's an visual comparison of the class 420, the Tatra T3 tram (built perfectly by SQ) and the R1 Prague metro prototype, which had to make way for the russian trains in the 1970's.

TEZ 420

T3 Tram

model of the R1 metro prototype (big pic here)

I just love the retro design...

Sorry for the slight OT. :oops:
Kosov_1986
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kosov_1986 »

strongbow wrote:I just love the retro design...
Yes, good old Czehslovakian trams, i'm wondering why do you use foreigner EMUs on your own mountainous railways in mountain Tatra, while you have Skoda, Tatra, Karosa... Czehslovakia was good in manufacturing Trucks, Trams, Buses... i bet they are reliable, many old Tatra dumper truck runs in Hungary, they carry some kind of ore, or mud of construction yards. And Budapest has Tatra Trams

Tatra T5C5 tram in Budapest, operated by BKV

Kosov from the depths of East Europe!

My English isn't good but i never use translating programs :D

I had a Chinese gf, for 3 days, now she's in Germany because she studies there... she was my first serious gf.

Minibus topic, (Renault-Ikarus 546 released by wyctor) http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=25662

Ikarus buses from all around the world! http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=26985
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Kosov_1986 wrote: Yes, good old Czehslovakian trams, i'm wondering why do you use foreigner EMUs on your own mountainous railways in mountain Tatra, while you have Skoda, Tatra, Karosa...
Basically Skoda isn't doing articulated narrow-gauge EMUs right now so they went and bought them from Stadler, which has a good record as far as I know. And the class 425 trains were built in Slovakia, they were just licensed from Switzerland. Also, Czech Republic nowadays is more or less foreign to Slovakia, so there wouldn't be an advantage really in finances anyway. :wink:

Oh and CKD Tatra tram/train division doesn't exist anymore:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CKD_Tatra
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

Hehe, waiting for them :)

Ain't doing much on converting anymore, but that will come back when I have time. Busy with work and school now :(
Kosov_1986
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kosov_1986 »

strongbow wrote:Also, Czech Republic nowadays is more or less foreign to Slovakia, so there wouldn't be an advantage really in finances anyway. :wink:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CKD_Tatra

Yes, i know that Czehslovakia split up during regime changes... but aren't they friendly countries anymore?

BTW, is the 425 a modification for Slovakia? like Lada 2101 passanger car is Russian version of old Fiat 124, but Lada is more durable, and it has more modern engine :D

Polski Fiat and Zastava/Yugo was producing Fiat modifications, Dacia made Renault modifications.

Our East European roads built by communist regimes aren't so they aren't so smooth.. cars here need stronger suspensions, and higher chassis height from the ground to survive our conditions.
Kosov from the depths of East Europe!

My English isn't good but i never use translating programs :D

I had a Chinese gf, for 3 days, now she's in Germany because she studies there... she was my first serious gf.

Minibus topic, (Renault-Ikarus 546 released by wyctor) http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=25662

Ikarus buses from all around the world! http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=26985
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Kosov_1986 wrote: Yes, i know that Czehslovakia split up during regime changes... but aren't they friendly countries anymore?
Of course they are, even more now, but business is business. :wink:
BTW, is the 425 a modification for Slovakia?
Not really, though there's small cosmetic differencies in all the Stadler GTWs.
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

To the hungarian users around, do you know what the vehicle on the left is? I know they are historical HEV trains, I'm just interested cause it looks similar to class 49.0 of TEZ. Photos from other sides would be good, I might build it if it is what I think it is. :wink:
Attachments
left one
left one
bsb97081423.jpg (94.72 KiB) Viewed 8020 times
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

I'm slowly building the 49.0001 EMU of the Tatra Railways. There was only one built in 1930 by Ringhoffer Prague (Tatra works after WW2). The base is similar to the 48.0 EMUs built by Ganz in Budapest, running on the Tatra tracks since 1911. I'll do those as well after finishing this one, plus the Blm/U passenger wagon that was coupled with these EMUs.

Afterwards the NG mountain station and the 420.95 EMU (the one similar to the T3 tram) are planned.
Attachments
49.0001 WIP
49.0001 WIP
49_wip.jpg (60.53 KiB) Viewed 7840 times
real 49.0001
real 49.0001
011102.jpg (95.13 KiB) Viewed 7853 times
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

now that looks cool! Quick! AMI It!
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

*looks for the bot* :twisted:

have you plans for other czech / slowakian trains?
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Seelenquell wrote:*looks for the bot* :twisted:
:lol:
have you plans for other czech / slowakian trains?
depends on what you want. there is this one good website i gave you the link for earlier. :wink:

let me know what you need and i'll have a look, i've got some books and there's also some guys i know on tycoonez.com that have lots of resources.
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

lol that was a misunderstanding.. i meant, if you want to make other czech/slowakian vehicles..

anyway.. if you have blueprints from the double-deck you requested.. (that one with the control-cab..) i still have some space left for v2 lol

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Seelenquell wrote:lol that was a misunderstanding.. i meant, if you want to make other czech/slowakian vehicles..
hehe. uhm, not really for now. most of them exist as MSTS and they were being converted to loco, although the project seems not to be progressing right now.

here's the thread:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=25393

anyway, i'm doing more the kind of stuff that's not available for MSTS, like metros and mountain lines, so there's no funny guys clicking 3 buttons and showing off they can do better than me. :P

i'll finish the tatra mountain railways and then maybe do some diesel GTWs (slovak class 840, blue train a couple of posts higher), some more tatra vintage vehicles or maybe some european metros.
anyway.. if you have blueprints from the double-deck you requested.. (that one with the control-cab..) i still have some space left for v2 lol
that would be cool, i like the train quite a lot. i'll have a look. as far as i know it's made by skoda.
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

thank you for the link.. :wink:

there must be a lot of GTWs in this land.. :D well i hope the other project gets no doubledeck-units? :twisted: ok back on topic now hehe

strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Seelenquell wrote: there must be a lot of GTWs in this land.. :D
Well the terrain is very mountainous, so GTWs are a good choice I guess. :wink:
well i hope the other project gets no doubledeck-units? :twisted: ok back on topic now hehe
I don't think that there's a 471 MSTS model out, though I could be wrong. Anyway, I haven't seen it in Loco yet and doubt anyone will do it soon.
:wink:

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”