[Released] US/Canadian Pre-Amtrak/Metro Pack Ver 3.0 12/08

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

a_lin007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by a_lin007 »

sorry to quote the pic again and I wonder where I can download these including the flat platform. thank you all
Attachments
temp.JPG
temp.JPG (113.82 KiB) Viewed 6265 times
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

a_lin007 wrote:sorry to quote the pic again and I wonder where I can download these including the flat platform. thank you all
http://www.locomotion-fanpage.net
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

I havea few new items for this pack including an R142/R142a The question is, doI make it a 4 car EMU with super high reliability, or a split model with Driving cabs on each end and a cabless car for the middle? They are normally married in 5 car sets, but 4 7 and 9 (?) exist the real problem is lomo. the cabless cars are powered so a 7 car train has a 700% ofa break-down... in other words, it would almost always be broken down.. ugh... So 4 car MU?

EDIT:

I'll be releasing a bunch more Pre Amtrak Passenger trains in the next few days ( I hope, they are in beta now) Would it be better if i start putting "Passenger" in front of my main line trains like i do with My other items with Goods, Lumber, Coal, Etc..... Or re classify them as USP?
Attachments
R142'a in action
R142'a in action
R146.png (14.98 KiB) Viewed 5480 times
sample.png
sample.png (14.75 KiB) Viewed 5465 times
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

ohh.. maybe it is time for an update to this pack... some possible trains...
Attachments
beta stuff
beta stuff
Screenshot31.PNG (104.55 KiB) Viewed 5331 times
ssbn742
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ssbn742 »

you simply MUST stop taunting us, or post an update HERE on the forums (and on for the US set 1.6), atleast untill they get put up on http://www.amitrains.co.uk
I am a furry, dont like it? Kiss my soft furry tail!
Oh! And dont be a hater because of it...
SLIPKNOT POWER! MAGGOT FOR LIFE!
Last edited by ssbn742 on Thursday January 18, 2576 12:26 am from the orbiting Abaddon Class Battleship "Wait And Bleed"; edited 3 times in total
Walter1940
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Walter1940 »

No one mocks you. PlastikMan and Andel sit only not 24h in the PC. There it can already seem remains lying a little bit. Have patience :wink:
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

ssbn742 wrote:you simply MUST stop taunting us, or post an update HERE on the forums (and on for the US set 1.6), atleast untill they get put up on http://www.amitrains.co.uk
1.6 is 18.6 megs. tt-forums cant handle the file. sorry...
ssbn742
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ssbn742 »

Email, or ANY other way?

I simply CANT play lomo without your packs.
Last edited by ssbn742 on Thursday January 18, 2576 12:26 am from the orbiting Abaddon Class Battleship "Wait And Bleed"; edited 3 times in total
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

I'll take that as a compliment. Pm Me if You are on MSN or Yahoo, I always need beta testers
ssbn742
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ssbn742 »

Plastikman wrote:I'll take that as a compliment. Pm Me if You are on MSN or Yahoo, I always need beta testers
i think i have yahoo, let me check, i dont have MSN or anything other than.... I KNOW, you need to get an acount at Esnips.net, upload it there, send me a link and we all win.
Metromaster
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Metromaster »

Plastikman wrote:I havea few new items for this pack including an R142/R142a The question is, doI make it a 4 car EMU with super high reliability, or a split model with Driving cabs on each end and a cabless car for the middle? They are normally married in 5 car sets, but 4 7 and 9 (?) exist the real problem is lomo. the cabless cars are powered so a 7 car train has a 700% ofa break-down... in other words, it would almost always be broken down.. ugh... So 4 car MU?
Plastik, your best bet would be to make them as singles cab units, and then single cabless ones. Because although in real world they are run in five cars sets, (which would be a problem for Lomo) they can be set up to run in four five or six car units. This would give the player the flexibility to run the trainset as long or as short as he desires.
Take a look at the trains, planes, buses, trams and ships at
http://www.YouTube.com/user/metromaster2010
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Metromaster wrote:
Plastikman wrote:I havea few new items for this pack including an R142/R142a The question is, doI make it a 4 car EMU with super high reliability, or a split model with Driving cabs on each end and a cabless car for the middle? They are normally married in 5 car sets, but 4 7 and 9 (?) exist the real problem is lomo. the cabless cars are powered so a 7 car train has a 700% ofa break-down... in other words, it would almost always be broken down.. ugh... So 4 car MU?
Plastik, your best bet would be to make them as singles cab units, and then single cabless ones. Because although in real world they are run in five cars sets, (which would be a problem for Lomo) they can be set up to run in four five or six car units. This would give the player the flexibility to run the trainset as long or as short as he desires.
I think You are right, I was just concerned about the vehical limit, I can code them to need identical driving cabs on each side and you can build your own set. i'll mess around and see if ican somehow still power the middle cars with a no breakdowns and still need a driving cab. or just not power the middle ones at all.. lets hope she has enough HP to pull a 5-7 car train. right now i have it in beta as a 4 car MU.
Metromaster
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Metromaster »

That's what we call "A" and "B" motors. The "A" being the one with motors and a driving cab at one end. And the "B" has motors but no cab, and so it always has to be in the middle of the trainset. Strongbow made cars like that in his subway set. They are type "M-1" and he coded them in such a way that when a train is assembled the cars automatically position themselves in the A-B-B-A alignment with the cabs on the operating ends of the train. Maybe he could give you some insight.

Or, if you really wanted to a five car unit, Wyctor might be able help you with that. He made a Siemens NF12B Combino six section tram. It is two three section units, coded so that two sections must be coupled back to back for it to work
Take a look at the trains, planes, buses, trams and ships at
http://www.YouTube.com/user/metromaster2010
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Metromaster wrote:That's what we call "A" and "B" motors. The "A" being the one with motors and a driving cab at one end. And the "B" has motors but no cab, and so it always has to be in the middle of the trainset. Strongbow made cars like that in his subway set. They are type "M-1" and he coded them in such a way that when a train is assembled the cars automatically position themselves in the A-B-B-A alignment with the cabs on the operating ends of the train. Maybe he could give you some insight.

Or, if you really wanted to a five car unit, Wyctor might be able help you with that. He made a Siemens NF12B Combino six section tram. It is two three section units, coded so that two sections must be coupled back to back for it to work
Coding it is not the problem. It is just the game limits. if you have breakdowns on. in beta a train with 6 powered cars was brokendown almmost 100% of the time. My work around was leave the driving cabs with a normal reliability, and the powered b units as no breakdowns. It seems to work well.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Doublepost...

I tell You guys what. here is a little present for You guys....
The 1949 empire builder..

I plan on doing earlier versions of this train also. I just got the rights for the alcos FA's the earlier train had, I am now waiting on the full dome car. I also Finnished and have the rights for the the old Pullman heavywieghts, I just need to find the steamer that pulled it.

*EDIT* I forgot to mention this train uses Actual FP7 sounds. I made My own sound set but decided to use RobinH's sounds for this train

edit.. DL removed after 187 dl's. new version in us set pre amtrack / metro set 2.1
Attachments
Screenshot36.PNG
Screenshot36.PNG (90.11 KiB) Viewed 5213 times
Last edited by Plastikman on 28 Aug 2007 02:45, edited 1 time in total.
ssbn742
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ssbn742 »

YOUR A GODSENT!!!!!

one of the few express trains that ran to my (more or less) home citty of seatle WA

edit:instaled
R384149
Engineer
Engineer

Post by R384149 »

Have you considered for this pack doing any M1s, M2s or M3s, for long island rr and metro north rr?

These cars, in case you dont know what they are

M1: http://world.nycsubway.org/perl/show?10099

M2: http://world.nycsubway.org/perl/show?3615

M3: http://world.nycsubway.org/perl/show?36821
R38, the shadowed cousin of the R32.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

ISA wrote:Wow again You made me thinking to reinstall Locomotion!
That would be awfull!

I decided to try out the 1957 full domes. We shall see if they get released and how I'll go about doing it.
Attachments
the 1957 Domes
the 1957 Domes
domes03.PNG (735.4 KiB) Viewed 629 times
in game beta
in game beta
Screenshot37.PNG (74.68 KiB) Viewed 5182 times
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

R384149 wrote:Have you considered for this pack doing any M1s, M2s or M3s, for long island rr and metro north rr?

These cars, in case you dont know what they are

M1: http://world.nycsubway.org/perl/show?10099

M2: http://world.nycsubway.org/perl/show?3615

M3: http://world.nycsubway.org/perl/show?36821
So far I only have LIRR MP54's and BUDD RDC's done. Check Busman's NE pack.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”