[REL]US SET : Current is MegaPack 1.1.2 May/19/11

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Train-a-Mania
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Train-a-Mania »

Plastikman, your pack is awesome. Since I am a Canadian train freak, I love what you've done. However, with the next US and Canada pack, could you please put in a Canadian steam engine?

Please?
Nick - Creator of the virtual railroading review series:

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

train-a-mania wrote:Plastikman, your pack is awesome. Since I am a Canadian train freak, I love what you've done. However, with the next US and Canada pack, could you please put in a Canadian steam engine?

Please?
hrmm i have more canadian on the way. i don't know about canadian steamers yet. i dont know i have any. but i have other steamers on the way. in the last few days i have whipped some new CP and CN stuff ...
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Samo wrote:sweet, though if u don't mind i'd like each or as many of the different loco styles that were used as possible and their matching cars
ummm.... no!

but i did whip up ... umm .. see photo ... lol it looks black and white.. not my best but it will do. yup 20th Century Ltd.

i have enough passenger stuff to make a Pre amtrak pack with about 15 named trains in about 12 liveries. is there any intrest in a 1930's-1971 passenger pack amtrak style?

PS. the running gear works on the steamers.....
Attachments
20th century Ltd beta, J1 hudson (wrong tender), J3 streamlined hudson, E6 A-B set
20th century Ltd beta, J1 hudson (wrong tender), J3 streamlined hudson, E6 A-B set
20thcenturyltd.JPG (76.42 KiB) Viewed 6407 times
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
edk256
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by edk256 »

Plastikman wrote: i have enough passenger stuff to make a Pre amtrak pack with about 15 named trains in about 12 liveries. is there any intrest in a 1930's-1971 passenger pack amtrak style?
That would be awesome. Then, you could make a giant US rail pack from the 1930s or earlier to the present and near future, like the TTDPatch US Set.
kazimierz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kazimierz »

Nice little sneak peak!

I guess everybody here would love a addition like that, since the '30-'50 period marked the ending of passenger travels in the US. The luxury streamliners unfortunatly couldn't compete with the cheap and fast airliners.
I was hoping to see more from this era personally

I was also wondering if you're still planning for seperate packs? - Like discussed before, something like a Union Pacific or Sante Fe pack. I hope you'll work out something like this, a standard pack (a steamer, dieselloc, passenger car, a boxcar etc.) in several liveries?

An early photograph of the City of Los Angeles, a UP streamliner.

You probably already know, but check the UP site if you nice good pictures of the older rolling stock.

http://www.uprr.com/aboutup/history/index.shtml

Keep up the work.

Kaz
=One death is a tragedy , a million deaths is a statistic==

frankvw
Engineer
Engineer

NYC ?

Post by frankvw »

Another question, do you plan on doing some New york rolling stock? I think of the EMUs like used by Metro North, or the subway cars. It could be interesting in a dense urban environment.

Oh, and the pack is GREAT !
Regards,

Frank
Samo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Samo »

Plastikman wrote:
Samo wrote:sweet, though if u don't mind i'd like each or as many of the different loco styles that were used as possible and their matching cars
ummm.... no!

but i did whip up ... umm .. see photo ... lol it looks black and white.. not my best but it will do. yup 20th Century Ltd.

i have enough passenger stuff to make a Pre amtrak pack with about 15 named trains in about 12 liveries. is there any intrest in a 1930's-1971 passenger pack amtrak style?

PS. the running gear works on the steamers.....
um, yea, those steamers r kinda flat looking. can you inhance them?
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Plastikman wrote: i have enough passenger stuff to make a Pre amtrak pack with about 15 named trains in about 12 liveries. is there any intrest in a 1930's-1971 passenger pack amtrak style?
anything that involves steamers is a great idea. i like your style, plastikman. you've got the no-nonsense yet playful attitude of a true set builder. great stuff. :wink:
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

~yawn~ no time to make mods.... well, I am trying to continue with the modern. we need a few more newer diesels like the GE units and a few more SD's. i just got a few safty cab EMD units so i hope to start on those.

at the same time i would like to go backwards and get to the carbody diesels. i got the ok on a lot of f's and e's so i have been working slowly on FT's, F3's and F7's and some E-units. but i hate to release E's as passenger locos without cars to go with them. i also want to start on the alcos and baldwin diesels. find some U-Boats... then see if we have time for steam. something this game is really lacking.

i might just start jumping around in time. i am not sure yet.

anways... i cant decide on what daylight to use since can do smoothside pullmans or the older heavywieghts. here is the smoothside daylights, with a metra train(with cabcar on the back), set of A-B-B-A F7 SP black widows, an ugly SD60m, a Great northern RDC2, New Haven RS1, Soo RS3, New Haven S1, A Great Northern S2 and a Soo SW1200.. oh yeah and a umm new tank(er) car.. :?
Attachments
update2.JPG
update2.JPG (93.25 KiB) Viewed 6270 times
kazimierz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kazimierz »

Looks good.. An what's the ship in the screenie?
=One death is a tragedy , a million deaths is a statistic==

DJC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJC »

Looking very nice :) Wait a minute, there's a ship on the line!
Things I've made for Locomotion:
Scenarios: East Anglia | Trans Oceanic | Scotland | Narrow Gauge Nuts
Locomotives: (REL) BR 0-6-0 J94 | (REL) UK Steam Pack

My Flickr
marcf
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by marcf »

Plastikman wrote:oh yeah and a umm new tank(er) car.. :?
^ :p
<Singaporekid> Hah! I don't get quoted!
16:00 <RPharazon> ROBOBOY
16:00 <RPharazon> YOUR ISP SUCKS
16:01 * Quits: RPharazon (Read error: Connection reset by peer)

Official TT-Bandwagon Fan Club
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Boat? what Boat? oooh... that thing... yeah i should probably drop it in water..... it clips pretty bad on land, i wonder how it works in water.
Samo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Samo »

hopefully better than the QEII
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Plastikman wrote:it clips pretty bad on land
Not suprised. Probably grinds too. Cost a fortune on paint.

Btw, What's the loading gauge on that monster?
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Train-a-Mania
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Train-a-Mania »

Yea!! An RDC car! Finally!
Nick - Creator of the virtual railroading review series:

3 day
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by 3 day »

I bet that ship won't go too far, must have been a really high tide to get on land
Windows is based on doors.
Please visit my favourite website!
Tsunaki
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tsunaki »

3 day wrote:I bet that ship won't go too far, must have been a really high tide to get on land
deffinately took a ride on the tidal wave made by it being dropped in the water :lol:
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

2-10-0 wrote:
Btw, What's the loading gauge on that monster?
You know, i have no clue, it has no stats at all ... just a boat. technically it is a coal/ore ship.. but, i am sure if i had it haul oil no one would mind.... anywho it was mostly a test to see if i could do a ship i dont think it will ever actually get released. but who knows.... ? if i like it enough i might try to release it. i need to find a happy medium for size vs clipping and load...

did the QM2 clip bad? i never tried it...
Samo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Samo »

Plastikman wrote:did the QM2 clip bad? i never tried it...
horribly :(

not to mention half would be on land in some cases

and i hides the ship above it in the new ship window :P

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”