Utter newbie questions

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Utter newbie questions

Post by Plastikman »

hard cap sorry.. what many of the advanced users do,

after you stop using a unit entierly (the gp7 for example), they delete all of that unit from the game,
save the game,
make a backup of the game,
use locomod to remove all the units they are done with and add new units (gp40's to replace the old GP7's for example).

there are a few things to be very aware of!

1 if you remove a unit and there is still one built on the map... ~BOOM~ savegame destryed...
2 locomod is not stable it can corrupt a game for no reason (that is why we made a backup)
3 if the internal name and the external name dont match, ~BOOM~ (SQ's stuff is like that for example)

obviously it is better to do more than a single unit at a time. that was just for an example.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Tracer bullet
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Tracer bullet »

Thanks Plastik, i was always confused about locomod.

But didnt you get openloco to work? I saw your youtube video of it. ?(
Got a new Locomotion. Phew
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

there was at one time a patch to increase the limit. the creator never released more then 2 or 3 betas before he vanished forever. unfortunatly, it was totaly bugged you could not save a game with the mod active. it was always corrupt. after you played ffor a while, you would get some sort of stack overflow. limiting the value of the mod. it was more of a proof of concept.

i no longer have my beta of it due to massive drive failure.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

*Too funny for words*
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”