Bug when replacing trains (WinXP 0.2.1)

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Phoenix_x
Engineer
Engineer

Bug when replacing trains (WinXP 0.2.1)

Post by Phoenix_x »

--Hi all

Running 0.2.1, whenever I replace a train that has a depot in its route (to service it), the depot is not in the route of the new engine.

Anyone else have this problem?
Phoenix_x
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Phoenix_x »

Another problem I've got is that trains always want to go to a specific platform on a station.

For example: My station has two tracks. One is occupied, the other is free (one signal red, other signal green). The train will happily ignore the fact that one platform is free, and it'll move up to the occupied platform, and stop for the red signal there.
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Phoenix_x wrote:Another problem I've got is that trains always want to go to a specific platform on a station.

For example: My station has two tracks. One is occupied, the other is free (one signal red, other signal green). The train will happily ignore the fact that one platform is free, and it'll move up to the occupied platform, and stop for the red signal there.
Classic behavior of one-way signals. If you use two-way signals, the trains will use the green signal.

[EDIT] about removing depots from the orderlist, I just tried it and the train remembered the depot. I use the latest SVN version. Are there anybody else, who have this problem?
Phoenix_x
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Phoenix_x »

Sorry, I've been playing TTDPatch for too long (the signals don't have that problem anymore :)).
And this may sound stupid, but what is SVN?
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

SVN is a version control system that is a server, which contains all the versions of the sourcecode. The good thing about it is that if a programmer submit code, the others will have it in minutes (or sec, if they check right away) making it easier to program as a team

About one-way signals: it will be fixed in OTTD too.... someday
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Phoenix_x wrote:Sorry, I've been playing TTDPatch for too long (the signals don't have that problem anymore :)).
And this may sound stupid, but what is SVN?
I thought TTDPatch still had that problem, since the problem is that you put down 1 way signals, and not 2 way signals. With 1 way signals, the train will ALWAYS choose the closest platform, with 2 way signals, it will choose the free one, ttdpatch, or no ttdpatch.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
MarkyParky
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MarkyParky »

I think that is is not a bug but feature and it is not to be fixed - you might need sometimes the train to choose the closest possible route and sometimes you might need the train go into empty route/platform...
Phoenix_x
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Phoenix_x »

I would think that using signals for that (in an illogical way) is a weird way of implementing such an option?

I was sure it worked in TTDPatch, but I've been trying new ways of building tracks (layouts), so maybe I've not run into it before. I'll have a look at my old savegames.
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

MarkyParky wrote:I think that is is not a bug but feature and it is not to be fixed - you might need sometimes the train to choose the closest possible route and sometimes you might need the train go into empty route/platform...
We could flag the signals to do either one of the options, kind of like setting presignals

Return to “General OpenTTD”