Dutch stations set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

MJS
Director
Director

Re: Dutch stations set

Post by MJS »

Is Hilversum in a category on its own, or is that just my configuration? (Playing OTTD with the latest ChrisIN - that's somewhere in around 109xx, I believe)
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

MJS wrote:Is Hilversum in a category on its own
It is. Probably because it's the only station building with tracks. The other station building are just buildings, no tracks.
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

Are there any plans to add passengers waiting on the platforms? I really like the Dutch stations, but I've also grown so used to using those crowds of passengers at MB's New Stations as a signal that there's something wrong at a station that I couldn't do without them any more...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

MJS wrote:Are there any plans to add passengers waiting on the platforms? I really like the Dutch stations, but I've also grown so used to using those crowds of passengers at MB's New Stations as a signal that there's something wrong at a station that I couldn't do without them any more...
That'd be sooo cool indeed, but I think we rather concentrate on empty platforms and on how we want those to look and function, and then add passengers. That sounds like less work then adding passengers now and having to change a lot of sprites whenever something was wrong.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

I have those graphics, but they are of my platform set, not from purno's. I will look them up. I also have a start of a snowy version...
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

I think that it is easier for me if I get sprites with people waiting ASAP, especially since I'm secretly converting some stations to be more comprehensible. During this process it will likely be easier for me to add extra sprites, although it might as well be possible afterwards.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Ehm... don't expect me to adjust those sprite anywhere soon, but if someone else wants to do it, be my guest :))
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

I was slightly mistaken. THe only thing i could find was this picture, an early start...
Attachments
early start
early start
try out for coding.PNG (3.17 KiB) Viewed 5696 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I've done an early start too, probably not further than creating the people.
Image Image
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Hmm, I discovered some uncoded sprites drawn by Caelan, they're quite simular to the ones in the set but have a fence around them, should I include those too?
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Do they have the same platforms? Caelen's used to be a bit darker than mine.
Image Image
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

What's up with the Dutch Stations Set? Is there still some progress in developing?

I'd really like to play with this set, and maybe with some help I can help coding as well...
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Needz gfxz 2 codez :P.

In other words, the artists need to draw some sprites and I can probably code them if RL allows it.
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Same goes for me, just deliver the files (and some small instructions) and I'll help coding as well.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Xeryus, wasn't there already a version ready to be released?

There has been a lot of drawings. Are those already coded?
Image Image
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

I think I posted versions that were ready to be released in this thread so everyone could have a look at them, instead of dedicated testers. There should be one in at least one of the last 3 pages :P.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

The only station building I see in the latest file (one page back) is Hilversum. I'm sure there has been drawn more of them.

And the single roof thingy got an action color in it, plus it should spread some more (not just 1 tile roof).

Perhaps I'll draw some other roofs which can be built on a single platform not connected to another adjacent one.
Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Tada

Perhaps I'll make something old style too. But modern stuff is just so much more fun :mrgreen:
Attachments
modern_station_roof.PNG
modern_station_roof.PNG (10.42 KiB) Viewed 4572 times
Image Image
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Looks good Purno!
I really like the modern-style station you've drawn.

Also the stations in the releases are great!
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

I noticed whilst playing with this set, the non-track platforms are slightly darker than the other platforms... Further, it looks great in combination with the Dutch Train Set

Return to “Graphics Development”