Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Psicho
Engineer
Engineer

Railway & Road maintenance

Post by Psicho »

Hi,

this is my new suggestion. Why not create a special train to maintain the railways. I think after 20 year they should get a worste than when they was new.
It could be that more time passes without a maintain and more should be the train crashes on that track.

What you think about it?

This could be applied to the airport (lading/takeoff track), to the ships (port maintain) and to the roads (I know you can make this giving money to a city but should be nice to do it everywhere!).
greetz,
Rasael
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I've thought about this too. I really really really like it! :mrgreen:

I thought about a train that you buy and that automaticaly searches for tracks to maintain.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
pepecito
Engineer
Engineer

me too!

Post by pepecito »

:P I also had the same idea and posted it in the german 3dtt forum.
I like it too! It will be very nice.
Also, such special trains (or other kind) may be used to remove the rests of a train crash (if crashes are allowed, or disasters,...).
:: Home Page ::
Psicho
Engineer
Engineer

Re: me too!

Post by Psicho »

pepecito wrote:...
Also, such special trains (or other kind) may be used to remove the rests of a train crash (if crashes are allowed, or disasters,...).
I'm happy you like the idea :o . I talked about the railway maintain since I think it should be easy to programm but should be really cool to have a special train (or boat/truck) to remove a veichle when crashes.

PS. Wow, is cool, I see a lot of Italian people here!
greetz,
Rasael
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

I would prefer the same system, but with the same way you can do it in a city "road reconstruction".

When a track/road become old, then buldozzers appears on it and the track is unusable for some days. Then it would raise big network problems, and force you to create alternative ways.

Or then, the special train should run at very very low speed (2 km/h ?) when doing maintenance, to create the same problems.
Psicho
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Psicho »

MagicBuzz wrote: I would prefer the same system, but with the same way you can do it in a city "road reconstruction".

When a track/road become old, then buldozzers appears on it and the track is unusable for some days. Then it would raise big network problems, and force you to create alternative ways.

Or then, the special train should run at very very low speed (2 km/h ?) when doing maintenance, to create the same problems.
Yes right! In TT you can do the road maintain in the cities if you give a big fund. The same way should be made (by the player) on the other roads!

For the rail maintain should be make by a special train.
Mabye it could be more realistic if you should use the special train if you edit an existing railway!
greetz,
Rasael
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

This ofcourse, like other patches, should be a switch.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”