!Megaclan gaming day!

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: !Megaclan gaming day!

Post by dihedral »

give me a link to the patch? i will not hunt through your forums to find what i am supposed to look for ;-) precious time, as always ;-)
Giles
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Giles »

i really don't want to do so. Allthough i trust most people i don't want people simply exploiting the prerelease of our patch for their own servers and making our Gaming day not special. However i understand that it is vital for you. It is a prerelease so still MANY bugs ect.

the forum is. http://clanmega.warlink.eu/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=120

the zip patch
Giles
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Giles »

It's tommorow everyone, just thought you'd like to know. We're having serious issues with the patch so watch
http://clanmega.warlink.eu/viewforum.php?f=22 for details.
Giles
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Giles »

quite a big change. Now it's likely we're not ussing same Map we're ussing a smaller World Map with only Cargodest + 55 player patch, sadly IS was screwing everything up so we had to remove that from patch. Also it is likely that you won't be able to build a large scale railway as the new map is extremely mountinrous and has many towns and seas.

This is not my input. I organised the old arrangements but someone changed them at last minute.
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

you are working on a GPL project! i would like to have access to the source (as you must publish them according to the license)
and i am sure there are a few more people who would like to see it :-)

edit: well you are only required to publish the source if you publish binaries - which i am sure you will do one way or another so that people can play else it would be a pretty lonely event.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

dihedral wrote:you are working on a GPL project! i would like to have access to the source (as you must publish them according to the license)
Only as soon as he publishes a binary. He can modify the version as much as he want and never publish anything. In this case that wouldn't be usefull since nobody would be able to play, but ok :)
and i am sure there are a few more people who would like to see it :-)
Count me in. I might give the game a go, but only you post a patch here. I did have a look at your forums but I am not going to search there for a patch or a final date.
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

Yexo wrote: I did have a look at your forums but I am not going to search there for a patch or a final date.
yep - same here - had a look at the url - saw there were a bunch of forums and threads and left again :-P - i aint gonna hunt down for that stuff - either it's here or you post a direct link so i can access it (without me having to register and login to those forums), or it's not.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Yexo wrote:
dihedral wrote:you are working on a GPL project! i would like to have access to the source (as you must publish them according to the license)
Only as soon as he publishes a binary. He can modify the version as much as he want and never publish anything.
Indeed.

The GPL does not require distribution of modified versions. Its only distribution-related requirement is that binaries be accompanied by source.
There is no requirement that binaries be distributed, and -- when the right to distribute binaries is not exercised -- there is also no requirement that source be distributed.

The Affero GPL provides more requirements about when the source must be distributed, but even it does not require any sort of distribution in case of private use.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Giles
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Giles »

GD1 has now started.

all things you need are avaliable here.

GRF's http://www.openttdcoop.org/wiki/GRF (download version 7.2)

Patch http://w16.easy-share.com/1702913011.html (iv'e been told this is how you can get patch without logging in)

note clanmega dosen't allow you to download things as a geust. Therefore we have created a user for all to use.
Last edited by Giles on 19 Dec 2008 16:17, edited 5 times in total.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Many people from tt-forums would be happy if you can upload the patch-files here, as your forum requires registration to download files.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Giles
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Giles »

you don't think iv'e tried ? It takes over 20 mins and then crashes internet explorer
yorick
Engineer
Engineer

Post by yorick »

Zuu wrote:Many people from tt-forums would be happy if you can upload the patch-files here, as your forum requires registration to download files.
:)
Attachments
openttd-custom-r14689-megaGD1-MINGW.zip
binary
(3.99 MiB) Downloaded 233 times
megaday_patch.diff
hg diff r14689
(281.07 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Giles wrote:you don't think iv'e tried ? It takes over 20 mins and then crashes internet explorer
I didn't knew you tried as you didn't wrote so. I'm not a mind reader. I've never had such issues here, so didn't knew it was possible to have internet explorer crash beacuse of slow upload.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
yorick
Engineer
Engineer

Post by yorick »

ok, it's online now :) using the patch posted above and the #OpenTTDCoop GRFPack.
Giles
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Giles »

Iv'e been told people aren't joining becuase they don't know how. Well heres a simple explaination of how to join.

Firstly you need to get the patch so you can actually play.

To do this create a folder in your documents called 'patches'

Then download the patch that yorick posted 2 posts above. ( not the diff patch if you're not adept with computers like myself)

Then once you've done this open the Zip file by double clicking it. this opens WinZip. Click extract and browse to the same place where you 'patch' folder is then click ok.

After this click checkout.

Exit WinZip

Double click openttd.exe If it comes up with an error message saying that you need some GRF's and haven't got the sample cat. You either need to put your orginal TTD disc in. Or if you haven't got one download TTD from. http://download.transporttycoon.net/ follow same instructions as above.

GRF's. The GRF's are all included in the 7.2 GRF pack of http://www.openttdcoop.org/wiki/GRF

Download the Zip file. It will give you the option of 'save' or 'open' click save. browse to the location where your 'patch' folder is. You will see a 'data' folder this is where you want to download it to.

Once again double click this Zip file to open WinZip. Click extract then browse to your 'patch' folder and then your 'data' folder then click extract. Once it has finnished that click checkout. Then exit WinZip.

Once again double click openttd.exe hopefully it shouldn't show any error messages. Click on GRF's there will probally be nothing displayed. Click rescan files. Then all the GRF's you downloaded should appear. Then go back to the menu and click on multiplayer. Then find servers. Our server should appear top of the list click 'join server' and then join the company with the least players.

About our Gaming Day.
It ends tommorow at 6.00 PM GMT

We use a cargodest patch. Meaning passengers + mail + cargo actually wants to go places not just get on the first train to anywhere which is a massive improvement on ottd. Allthough we had to take infrastructure sharing patch out becuase it wouldn't work we still use semi infrastructure sharing with special stations which all companies can use. We use GRF's from the 7.2 pack of ottdc meaning that we have realistic trains planes houses ect ect. We actually have the real trains that the Netherlands uses, to go allong with our super detailed map which is impresive by itself. The aim of this game is to create the best transport network with all towns connected and ratings above 75% where all rail is connected to Utrecht. The more players we have the better the game gets so please come and join i promise it will be worth your while.
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

A Linux i686 32Bit build...
Attachments
openttd-custom-r14689-megaGD1-UNIX.tar.bz2
(2.97 MiB) Downloaded 55 times
Mega:Map Creator!!
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mega:Map Creator!! »

Thx Ammler,

Hope to see you arround some more on my servers!

:wink: Mega

It's been a great day, we had some small seizures but it's still going well!!!
we will carry on untill tomorow evening!!!

Intrested Come and see!!! :arrow: :!: :idea: :!:

It's free for all,
Engineer
Engineer

:idea: :arrow: Gameday has become Game"Holi"day,

Ill keep running the server until past the x-mas days maybe even into the newyear..

For all who are intrested!, come and play it's FFA!!!

8) Mega
Attachments
Utrecht CS.png
Utrecht CS.png (265.95 KiB) Viewed 1986 times
Last edited by Mega:Map Creator!! on 24 Dec 2008 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
Engineer
Engineer

Grf's used on Netherlands Map:

:wink: Mega
Attachments
Used NL grf's.png
Used NL grf's.png (143.62 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
Last edited by Mega:Map Creator!! on 24 Dec 2008 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
RMJ
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by RMJ »

Only problem is you cant connect, it desyncs very hard :S so, either map is just to big or there is to much build on it.

edit:
Now it works :)
Feel free to join my server on 90.185.50.242. its coop, meaning 1 company to dominate the whole map :) its more random and not as pro as the Openttd Coop guys.

Return to “General OpenTTD”