Everything Hack

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Nictrain123
Engineer
Engineer

Everything Hack

Post by Nictrain123 »

Could someone make a hack that makes all the engines avaliable at the same time?
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Everything Hack

Post by XeryusTC »

Turn on the vehicles_never_expire option and go to 2100 or sth, you will have all vehicles available then.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Or you could create that hack yourself by making a newgrf which sets all intro dates to 1920...
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Some NewGRF sets only provide certain liveries during certain time periods, or otherwise modify the properties of certain vehicles; eg making steam more expensive as time goes on.

Just something to keep in mind.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
ostlandr
Chairman
Chairman

Post by ostlandr »

If you mean all the different GRF engine sets, the latest nightly builds allow that ("allow dynamic engine pool"). Only problem with this is, each of the GRFs is a stand-alone, which can lead to balance problems (equivalent engines from different sets having wildly different costs, etc.)
Who is John Galt?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

No, I mean that the vehicles that one single GRF says, to some extent:

Code: Select all

If currentyear < 1950, $THESE vehicles are available.
Else, if currentyear < 1975, $THOSE vehicles are available
Else, $OTHER vehicles are available
If either the GRF or OpenTTD says the vehicle is not available, then it does not appear, and the GRF cannot be convinced that it is simultaneously 1940, 1970, and 1985. You can only get one of the three choices out of the GRF.

Strictly, "not available" is not something the GRF can say, but it can drive the price and running costs up prohibitively; reduce the capacity, speed, and power; provide different graphics (or graphics options); and otherwise make the vehicle functionally very different depending on the date of purchase.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Nictrain123
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nictrain123 »

Could ya please tell me where to look?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Nictrain123 wrote:Could ya please tell me where to look?
The TTDPatch Wiki contains all grf specs:
http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... phicsSpecs

Return to “Graphics Development”