[TTDP] INFRA - World of Innovatia...

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Pug wrote:A very nice update SAC. The industry lines are looking very nice. What ever happened to yours plans for a huge industry terminal near Vasa though?

Anyway, looking forward for more screenshots, as always.
It's still being developed! That terminal will be a goods terminal where goods are being reloaded before delivered by trains to the cities throughout the entire region. The idea is to have all goods produced at various industrial areas everywhere hauled to Vasa, but as it requires lots of railroad lines I need to plan this very carefully! :P
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

I was starting to get withdrawal symptoms from not seeing anything new from the last week...but you have saved me :shock:

Magnificient work (as usual) :D
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Thanks! :P

And more to come! 8)

bandras
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bandras »

Hey the graphics look stunning! :D

Two questions;

1. Where can I find ( or can I find ) a grf which contains wagons for gravel, and clay?

2. When are you planning to release the roadset, and the trees and everything else you have in your games, they look so good, I swear I cried when I saw them for the 1st time! :lol:
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

bandras wrote:Hey the graphics look stunning! :D

Two questions;

1. Where can I find ( or can I find ) a grf which contains wagons for gravel, and clay?

2. When are you planning to release the roadset, and the trees and everything else you have in your games, they look so good, I swear I cried when I saw them for the 1st time! :lol:
1. The UK Renewal Set and UK Industrial Renewal Set has Clay Pits and Quarries and at this point only the UKRS has the suitable wagons although I believe the AUSSet will be UKIRS compatible. Look here

2. SAC has said many a time that when they are properly coded and she has got permission she will release them. Patience is a virtue.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Ameecher wrote:
bandras wrote:Hey the graphics look stunning! :D

Two questions;

1. The UK Renewal Set and UK Industrial Renewal Set has Clay Pits and Quarries and at this point only the UKRS has the suitable wagons although I believe the AUSSet will be UKIRS compatible. Look here

2. SAC has said many a time that when they are properly coded and she has got permission she will release them. Patience is a virtue.
1. I personally don't use the UKRSI at the moment as I cannot get the animations for the Forest Industry to work, as well as not having the proper freight cars since I use DBSetXL along with a Swedish Compilation.

2. Well, as far as the roads and the trees concerns I don't need a permission as they're all mine to begin with, but there are still work to be done so it'll be awhile before they're ready to be released! Unfortunately this time of the year I'm very busy with Christmas preparations so I'll have even less time to spend with the set - but I DO try to spend some late night hours with it! :P

As for the rest that uses stuff originally made by others all permissions have been collected, so it's pretty much up to me to finish it off!

Jim Starluck
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jim Starluck »

This...this is not just a map. This is a work of art.

Madam, I am in awe.
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger locomotive and try again.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

This is not a map.. This is an awsome piece of work! :wink:

"Det ser jättebra ut :D"
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Vasa, Monday 2nd of December

The opening of new mines in the LKAB area while closing down the oil wells has resulted in an overall increased production of iron ore and copper ore. But being good news for LKAB company it also ment bad news for the RRA, (Road & Rail Authority), as the hauling routes became even more congested with freight trains trying to reach the industrial harbor of Salem.

- Despite putting lots of money in several so called "siesta tracks" we haven't been able to reduce the congestion throughout most bottlenecks, RRA spokesperson said.

In order for LKAB to get official clearance for an increased iron and copper ore production on top of Hekla mountains, the company had to find a better solution for the total of 11 heavy I-Ore trains to haul the raw material to Salem. And the solution was to let the I-Ore trains take a new turn north of Navestad and pass the Vasa City Terminal instead of going via Vaxholm.

-This not only reduces congestions, but also allows for our trains to reach their final destination quicker, LKAB officials said. The idea of making use of the under construction VCT, (Vasa City Terminal), came during a conference in Sofia where we had the opportunity to meet Vasa City officials who where searching for more financial support for their huge VCT project, LKAB spokesperson continued.

-Extending the already laid rail line a bit further north where the old LKAB line meets the RRA lines was a simple solution, Vasa City officials said.

But even though a solution has been reached and LKAB has gotten the clearance to start their new mines, RRA still fears that once the new VCT opens up for business there will be some major problems for trains trying to pass through Vasa. Meanwhile the 11 I-Ore trains are hauling their valuable raw materials from LKAB Hekla to SSAB in Salem.

///

Photos to follow;

The LKAB location on top of Hekla mountains. The oil wells were closed down as the company found copper ore nearby.

A few miles north of LKAB Hekla is yet another iron ore production located. However, this one using the canal system to take the iron ore to the North Quay where trucks takes on for the final journey down to SSAB in Salem.

Being an I-Ore train driver sure is rewarding as the LKAB line travels through some very nice sceneries.

The I-Ore trains have to pass through one so called "siesta track" or waiting tracks as they really are, on their way to Salem as they aren't the only trains taking advantage of the new line northbound.

Halfway to Salem the I-Ore trains reaches the Vasa City Terminal, still under construction. The new terminal, once finished, will take care of all factory produced goods throughout the region and deliver it all to the end consumers.

Passing through Vasa itself.

Closing up to Salem a new line has been built in tunnels below Askim south of Vasa.

And finally, SSAB in Salem ready to take care of the iron and copper ore and send it to the factories in Uddeholm, Sofia for the final production.
Last edited by SAC on 29 Feb 2012 10:23, edited 1 time in total.

MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

:shock:

I'm in love of that shot of Vasa

/me faints

MD
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

MajorDuck wrote::shock:

I'm in love of that shot of Vasa

/me faints

MD
me too" :shock: :shock:
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Pug
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pug »

I'm speechless. Such works of art. How do you cram all those trains on such a small map. I'm having troubles with finding room for freight trains, and you have a dozen or more with next to no trouble (or so it looks).

One question though. How do you change the industries during your game? I thought I read something about a program to change a scenario during a game, but haven't found anything yet.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Pug wrote:How do you cram all those trains on such a small map. I'm having troubles with finding room for freight trains, and you have a dozen or more with next to no trouble (or so it looks).
Well, the trick is to put some of it in tunnels. I use all these so called "siesta tracks", (as I prefer to call them :P ), which really are waiting tracks. The reason I use them along the lines, before and after some industrial stations, is that they do help decrease the congestions at bottlenecks and junctions. Placing them before and after industrial stations will allow for a perfect flow of arriving and departing trains without blocking station entries. If all slots are filled the arriving trains will take one of the "siesta tracks" and wait for its turn, and when exiting the station - if other trains are using the main line - the trains will again take a free slot in the "siesta track", waiting for its turn to leave the area.

I do tend to put most of these in tunnels as I don't want my entire landscape to be cluttered and filled with railroads everywhere. As I also play a very mountainious scenario tunnels comes pretty natural, and I can allow for the overall landscape to stay intact - or use for other purposes.

In general this also results in the possibility to have lots of trains! :P I think I have about 100 trains already - and I still have new projects in mind!
One question though. How do you change the industries during your game? I thought I read something about a program to change a scenario during a game, but haven't found anything yet.
It should be noted that I play my scenario with industries that doesn't shut down. I don't want to face a situation where I spent lots of time developing an industrial station with all that's needed before and after, and the industries all of a sudden shuts down! :x As I also pre-planned most industries, making a few large industrial areas, there's yet another reason not having them disappear! :P

However, not all pre-planned turns out okey when playing, and in those cases I simply load my game in the scenario editor. Cheat? No, I don't think so. Towns and nature in TTDLX live their own lifes and have their cycles, but industries - among other things - are in my control. I can't always use the in-game "build new industry" and therefor the scenario editor is the only option available. Besides, as I also have to move or delete transmission towers or light poles during developments, I also want to reinstall them again once finished - and so I use the scenario editor! And for these purposes it would be the only reason for me using the scenario editor. :P

orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Wow.
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

These images are absoultly amazing, there some of the best Ive ever seen. The Vasa City Terminal shot is awesum, and All the landscape graphics are sweet also.
Ben
Dave

Post by Dave »

God that shot of Vasa is so good...
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Awesome shots! I recognise that cool blue train, but I don't recognise any of the other engines..where are they from?
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Look to be the Swedish set to me. But I believe SAC has drawn some trains of her own, and dam fine they are too.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

It's an honour to see my IORE engines in SAC's screenshots 8)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

orudge wrote:Wow.
Oh, you are so in trouble for your one word posts...

But yeah, wow.

(Three words! I'm in trouble too!)
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club

Return to “Screenshots”