[WIP/REL] Soviet/Russian Set - Test pack 1 is ready

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Damage
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

[WIP/REL] Soviet/Russian Set - Test pack 1 is ready

Post by Damage »

Hi, people! There were many requests about soviet/russian vehicles, so I've tried to fill this gap.

If you want more, leave a pm or visit the site from signature (Attention! It's in russian!)

KamAZ with semitrailer now availible for testing.
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=490230#490230

/upd I was asked several times to make all the models accessible from one place. So, I would like to proudly present Test pack 1. Nothing special, just the same models repacked together.

I would like to say thanks to Oleg, and TTDRussia.net community!
Also thanks to Seelenquell and strongbow for their beautiful models and help, wyctor for his tolley project, Mikhail Yaroslavtsev aka E69, Vadim Sutkovoy aka tch-1 and Dimitriy Kuraksin aka Dima for the MSTS models
And thanks to Ivan for testing!

And don't forget to backup!
Some of the files are replacing eachother, such as tracks, so pay attention!

:!: Attention! If you encounter problems with starting Locomotion after installing the pack, just delete the RU-2-3-2V.dat, this should help.

Hope you'll like it! Here's the link
http://ttdrussia.net/users/locomotion/release/RuSet.rar
Last edited by Damage on 10 Oct 2006 05:02, edited 27 times in total.
http://forums.ttdrussia.net/ - Home of "Russian Loco" project

Project file list
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

You train lenght is to large, you need to make it smaller. (Well he is looking on al sizes a bit to big, make it smaller, and you will get lesser clipping, distance between cars can be solved by moving the bogey position. (Trial and error)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
jonnie47
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonnie47 »

keep going m8 he right trial an error heres what i have now after trail an error
Attachments
Trial & error the fronts arnt that good on the dark side
Trial & error the fronts arnt that good on the dark side
WIP1.JPG (136 KiB) Viewed 20229 times
Everton F.C The pride of merseyside
Damage
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Damage »

IA, jonnie, thanks for answering! I've made a couple tries and looks like now it's ok. Still problems with clipping though. Reducing size doesn't help much. The smallest version (about 20% lower than passenger carriage and a little shorter than Century) experience clipping just like the big one and also looks pity. However when I raized the y position of the standart-size model to -0.5, the clipping reduced slightly.
Now I wonder why His trains almost never have this problem? And some 3dsm-made trains (with boges) too? Looks like it's because of the additional bogey sprites.So I've tested several models.

1.Standart APT with clipping problem - the bogey is visible through the carriage.
2,3 - Some random downloaded models.
4 - Small version
5,6 - Larger version

So maybe little clipping is normal? :?

And why after reversing the loco runs backward instead of rotating 180*?
Attachments
This one is 50% longer, but nearly no clipping (except for bogey)! Why?
This one is 50% longer, but nearly no clipping (except for bogey)! Why?
problem1d.gif (6.71 KiB) Viewed 20162 times
problem1c.gif
problem1c.gif (19.75 KiB) Viewed 20161 times
problem1a.JPG
problem1a.JPG (8.88 KiB) Viewed 20167 times
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Clipping, isn`t solvable, why the large ones, dont have it; i dont know. but what i do know is that very large trains are ugly to watch. And why the loco run backwards; when reversed; i dont know; but why running a empty loco at itself? And another thing -0.5 ? -0.2 would help too...
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Damage
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Damage »

Yep, I know. I'll just leave it alone. -0.2 works well, i read about that value somewhere, but imho less clipping with -0.5. Dunno. Alright, I'll keep working on the others. Thanks anyway! :)
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

Damage wrote: ...
And why after reversing the loco runs backward instead of rotating 180*?
quote from the wiki..:

Bit_0
Two coupled vehicles face opposite directions (used by all diesel and electrical engines)
Bit_1
Has a driving cab (trains with driving cabs or engines on either side don't turn around at the end of the track, but drive backwards)

http://wiki.locomotiondepot.net/index.p ... iable:List >> vehicles >> flags

:wink:
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
Damage
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Damage »

Thanks, Seelenquell! I haven't seen wiki yet... :oops:
Last edited by Damage on 18 Jul 2006 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

hey i only wanted to help. the wiki is a great site when you're looking for some values :) you have great models there and i'd like to see more from them in loco. keep up your work. :)

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

See: That wont help, :P

That bit only make it that if you buy another engine behind another one he is back to back or not.
Damage
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Damage »

Thanks, Seelenquell and Illegal_Alien! :) I have no intentions of stopping the work, but I wanted to know if I should or shouldn't post updates here, because i've found russian TT/Loco community and currently i post everything there.
The question is: are there any non-russian-speaking users/guests, who would like to see russian and soviet trainsets here :?:
If there's noone, it'll be just a waste of space and time to update this topic...
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

I dont know anything about those trains or how they look like, but the more trainpacks the better imho.
Damage
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Damage »

Alright then I'll post only released or maybe sets.
There are some gallerys like this
http://rail.r86.net/gallery/index.html
for example (in case you're interested).
Kosov_1986
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kosov_1986 »

Personally, i'm interested in every vehicle which was made by the communist era of Europe, even if i don't know those vehicles much, because not too many train passing through Hungary, which isn't MAV train (Hungarian State Railways)

So even if i haven't see them, i'm interested.
Kosov from the depths of East Europe!

My English isn't good but i never use translating programs :D

I had a Chinese gf, for 3 days, now she's in Germany because she studies there... she was my first serious gf.

Minibus topic, (Renault-Ikarus 546 released by wyctor) http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=25662

Ikarus buses from all around the world! http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=26985
Damage
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Damage »

Ok. The project is running. We've already got some conversion, but they all need some fixing.
Also Seelenquell also took part in our project and has made valuable contributions. Thanks again, SQ!

Illegal_Alien, Seelenquell, I'd wanted to point out, that clipping is all about the missing bogey sprites.
I read the wiki (thanks for the tip :) ), and figured out how to do that, so
I've added them to my conversions (just took them from standart train), and clipping problems disappeared. :D

Now I'm starting to work with my own handmade models. Fisrt, please someone correct the topic about camera angles. For example the 64-67 sprites are transition to climbing sprites. Because of this I had much "love" with 3DStudio last night. But that's fixed.

The question i wanted to ask is how to dispose of blue pixels around the model? Without AA it doesn't look good, with small AA radius the effect isn't noticeable and that brilliant 25 pixel special AA with edge enhancment algoritm leaves many blue pixels.

I've tried to render at high resolution and then resizing them in photoshop with special bicubic approximation with sharpenning effect, but somehow the background got messed up(the color was changed to blue, different from 0-0-255) and I had to fill background manually (and that's interpolation between pixels).
So again I got some blue pixels around the pantograph. :x

I've searched the forum for "antialias", but found nothing.

And yes, the "don't antialias against background" is on.

Got any ideas?
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

i use a catmull-rom filter (in render settings) set to 4.0 and in preferences i have "don't antialias against background" set to on. this works for me.

very nice model btw. glad to see more 3d people around. :wink:
Damage
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Damage »

Thanks, strongbow! I'm glad to hear that. It's my fisrt work for about 6 or 7 years... :wink:

I used the same settings. But i'm not sure if i should render with 240*240 resolution or render with standart and then resize. I only made it the second way. I'm starting to think, that photoshop messed it up.

Ok, thanks! I'll give it a try.
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Damage wrote:Thanks, strongbow! I'm glad to hear that. It's my fisrt work for about 6 or 7 years... :wink:

I used the same settings. But i'm not sure if i should render with 240*240 resolution or render with standart and then resize. I only made it the second way. I'm starting to think, that photoshop messed it up.

Ok, thanks! I'll give it a try.
If you render with the catmull-rom filter at 4.0 and don't antialias against back on, you don't need to resize in the end. the rendered output is already good and you have sharp edges against background. so just render original size with those 2 settings and everything will be fine. :)

btw, do you know oleg?

EDIT: one more thing, i think it's more fitting to use black windows in locomotion instead of blue, but it's up to your taste really. :wink:
Damage
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Damage »

strongbow wrote:... so just render original size with those 2 settings and everything will be fine. :)
With 240*240? Or with higher resolution? Thanks, I'll try that.
btw, do you know oleg?
Yep. He proposed me to... (well, maybe "manage" is the right word) mange the project. :wink:
i think it's more fitting to use black windows in locomotion instead of blue
Thanks. I'll render it with black windows and just compare to the older variant.

I don't have much time now to post all the updates here, but maybe I'll ask my friend to do it. Stay tuned! :D
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

you could put a link to your site in your signature.. so it's easy to find the updates :D

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”