Swedish Projects

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

gedsom76
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Swedish Projects

Post by gedsom76 »

Hi
Yes that looks correct Anders! All red should be yellow on the crossing bars and all white parts red.
Or in other words the color yellow begins and ends on Swedish crossing bars.

This video shows all there is to know about Swedish railroad crossings.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj1n5xzw ... re=related

Any chance the red wigwag lights can be done plus the white passing light can be animated?

Great work all makers of this railset! :D :bow:
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

The red light should be possible to be animated into a blinking red light
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

planetmaker wrote:The red light should be possible to be animated into a blinking red light
Just use the level crossing colour cycle ;) It's colour FF0000 red + a brown one usually next to it in the palette.
gedsom76
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gedsom76 »

Hi
Does anyone how the wigwags was done in the finnish railset for TTD?
Finlands railroad crossings bars and wigwag lights is the same as the swedish! Or in TTD it looks similar. 8)
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Not much point to make a screenshot of the animation: but with tomorrow's nightly onward we'll have flashing red lights at level crossings. And yes, the bars are red-yellow now, too :-)

EDIT: I couldn't help also... I played around with the fences
Attachments
Polžice Transport, 22-05-1997.png
Polžice Transport, 22-05-1997.png (458.04 KiB) Viewed 1993 times
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

planetmaker wrote:And yes, the bars are red-yellow now, too :-)
Looks good, now you only have to make the posts for the signal lights yellow/red too, to make it complete.
I played around with the fences
I suppose the yellow posts are CC? Would there be any possibility to get them dark brown/rusty without having to select that as company color (not at all necessary, but I thought I should ask).

Anyway, the tracks look good!
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

AndersI wrote: I suppose the yellow posts are CC? Would there be any possibility to get them dark brown/rusty without having to select that as company color (not at all necessary, but I thought I should ask).
Yes the posts of the fences are - by default - in CC. You have an option to play without CC fences, but fence posts have a gray-ish colour there. And they don't support (yet) any variation; what you see there added as bushes growing in the fences now is only the work of a graphically ungifted coder ;-)
But I won't remove the CC from the default SE rails fences as the fence colour is in multiplayer games a very quick and easy way to see the property owner and means to know whom to contact.
readme, parameter 3 wrote: No 3: Choice of rail fences
0 = Use Swedish rail fences
1 = Use company-coloured fences (the same as Swedish rail fences)
2 = Use non company-coloured fences
3 = Use the OpenTTD default fences
4 = Use no fences

+10: Apply this setting only for Swedish rails

It is recommended to use in multiplayer games the company colour version
of the fences. It allows to find the owner of a piece of track more
easily.
Check out the possibilities in version 0.5.0 :-)
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

Wow I have missed some things I can see here, but planetmaker seems to hold the line :P

As I said I was in the middle of moving from Stockholm back to Gothenburg and the reason for was that it didn't work out with my girlfriend. Feel a bit dull but time will heal. I now have a reason to visit the 'I don't have a girlfriend' thread :roll:

Edit: I might be a little bit absent right now since I spent a lot of time at my family's summer place doing some thinking and I just like to get away for a while.
Swedish Houses Version 1.1 Released
Swedish Road Vehicles Work in Progress
gedsom76
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gedsom76 »

Hi
Planetmaker is it possible to draw/color the crossing-bars yellow-red instead of now red-yellow?
The Swedish RR crossing-bars are yellow at the top and at the end.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Yes, in principle that's possible :-) I've put it on the todo list
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

I played around a bit... like that? You might then try out the nightly which will be compiled today at 18:18 CEST.
Attachments
recoloured level crossings
recoloured level crossings
Polžice Transport, 25-08-1994.png (84.69 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

They look Swedish enough! But as you've drawn them they look like half-bars when standing up, and full-bars when down.

As for reality, all crossings on decently wide roads are using half-bars, or double half-bars with delayed action for the out part. Only very small roads have a full-bar.

If you get my meaning...

Edit: Forgot this: The signal posts are yellow-red-yellow (only one stripe of red), and the signals should, if possible, flash one white light when the bars are up.
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

AndersI wrote:They look Swedish enough! But as you've drawn them they look like half-bars when standing up, and full-bars when down.

As for reality, all crossings on decently wide roads are using half-bars, or double half-bars with delayed action for the out part. Only very small roads have a full-bar
I see you'r point. To make them look like full bars when standing up they should be a bit longer then? I think making them double half bars with delaying parts isn't possible (or am I wrong?).
AndersI wrote:Edit: Forgot this: The signal posts are yellow-red-yellow (only one stripe of red), and the signals should, if possible, flash one white light when the bars are up.
The signal post could be fixed easily. However I don't think there are any flashing white color on the TTD palette, only yellow, red fire and blue water. We could just make a none flashing white pixel on the signals when the bars are up.
Swedish Houses Version 1.1 Released
Swedish Road Vehicles Work in Progress
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Irwe wrote: The signal post could be fixed easily. However I don't think there are any flashing white color on the TTD palette, only yellow, red fire and blue water. We could just make a none flashing white pixel on the signals when the bars are up.
I think the flashing yellow is good enough, it will look almost white with the black background.

Return to “Graphics Development”