Combining climate vehicle sets into one

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

lekkimsm2500
Engineer
Engineer

Combining climate vehicle sets into one

Post by lekkimsm2500 »

i have no idea if this can be done.

but here's what im thinking.

Since i like to have the biggest variety of vehicles, but doesn't necessarily use them all at the same time, i was wondering if it was possible to combine all the climates vehicle sets, except toyland, into the one you currently use.

I know it can be done with the cheats, just flipping climates, but that is too much trouble.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Combining climate vehicle sets into one

Post by Transportman »

You might want to look at the OpenGFX+ NewGRFs. It contains the original vehicles with improvements and a number of new vehicles in the OpenGFX style.

Also, the climate cheat has been removed in recent nightlies and 1.2.0.
Last edited by Transportman on 09 Mar 2012 14:12, edited 1 time in total.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

have you tried NewGRFs like OpenGFX+Trains yet. or if you're insane enough, 2ccSet... that should settle *all* needs about variety of vehicles :p
lekkimsm2500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lekkimsm2500 »

Eddi wrote:have you tried NewGRFs like OpenGFX+Trains yet. or if you're insane enough, 2ccSet... that should settle *all* needs about variety of vehicles :p
What im not interested in, when I'M looking into it, is all the other thing besides vehicles. I wanna keep the original TTD look. Its ONLY the vehicles i wanna change.

Could you by any chance link something a bit more specific?
Transportman wrote:You might want to look at the OpenGFX+ NewGRFs. It contains the original vehicles with improvements and a number of new vehicles in the OpenGFX style.

Also, the climate cheat has been removed in recent nightlies and 1.2.0.
I can't even seem to find any list of the new vehicles ... Am i missing something here?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

lekkimsm2500 wrote:
Transportman wrote:You might want to look at the OpenGFX+ NewGRFs. It contains the original vehicles with improvements and a number of new vehicles in the OpenGFX style.
I can't even seem to find any list of the new vehicles ... Am i missing something here?
Except a few trams in OpenGFX+ Road vehicles, both OpenGFX+ Trains and OpenGFX+ Road vehicles provide no new vehicles. But OpenGFX+ Trains offers you to use the vehicles from all climates or all but toyland at the same time via parameter. And that's how I read your initial question :-)
lekkimsm2500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lekkimsm2500 »

planetmaker wrote:
lekkimsm2500 wrote:
Except a few trams in OpenGFX+ Road vehicles, both OpenGFX+ Trains and OpenGFX+ Road vehicles provide no new vehicles. But OpenGFX+ Trains offers you to use the vehicles from all climates or all but toyland at the same time via parameter. And that's how I read your initial question :-)
Could you perhaps provide a link to the train one?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

discover the online content. From OpenTTD's main menu.
lekkimsm2500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lekkimsm2500 »

I can't find the specific train one
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

You need OpenTTD 1.2.0-RC1 or newer.
lekkimsm2500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lekkimsm2500 »

OH GOD WHAT HAPPENED?!

I just got hold of 1.2.0, and it looks like a damn mess!

How do i roll the game back to how it SHOULD and HAVE ALWAYS looked?!?
lekkimsm2500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lekkimsm2500 »

Oh god, help!
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

You'll need to change the base graphics back to the original, they should still be available from the options menu, if not for some reason, the readme provides a good documentation on how to use the original graphics.

If you want an extended set of trains in classic ttd style I recommend UKRS, or if you want something a little more in depth UKRS2, both are good depending on exactly what you want in your trainset. For arctic and tropic climates NARS2 is also a nice set to pick :wink: .
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

@lekkimsm2500:
We are not crystal-ball enabled, so unfortunately we are very much clueless as to what happened, and what you consider out of the ordinary.

Please provide details what is not happening as you expect it to.
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

Alberth wrote:@lekkimsm2500:
We are not crystal-ball enabled, so unfortunately we are very much clueless as to what happened, and what you consider out of the ordinary.

I'm assuming he means OpenGFX, it's a shame most people are so unappreciative of the hard work that went into creating it, although I understand the reaction, I'm a bit of a fan of the original graphics myself.
lekkimsm2500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lekkimsm2500 »

lawton27 wrote:
Alberth wrote:@lekkimsm2500:

I'm assuming he means OpenGFX, it's a shame most people are so unappreciative of the hard work that went into creating it, although I understand the reaction, I'm a bit of a fan of the original graphics myself.
okay, MAYBE i went a bit over the top saying its messy. Its not. But its NOT something i would go get on my own, because i, PERSONALLY, dont like it! Thats why i asked how to get back to the TTD i know since i was a kid.

(On WIN7 fyi)
But now i've run into some trouble. I've extracted the files, trg1r.grf, trgcr.grf, trghr.grf, trgir.grf, trgtr.grf and sample.cat. I've but them in the baseset folder, but the game won't seem to realize they are there.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Go to Game options and see the Base graphics set part. Does that part say OpenGFX or original? Can you change it from the pull down menu?
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
lekkimsm2500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lekkimsm2500 »

Transportman wrote:Go to Game options and see the Base graphics set part. Does that part say OpenGFX or original? Can you change it from the pull down menu?
And of course you just told me what i already knew, but didn't do. lol

I went looking in the GRF settings things from the main menu.
NOT the options > basegraphics.

Derp derp derp
lekkimsm2500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lekkimsm2500 »

Thanks A LOT guys :) Stuffs working now!

Return to “General OpenTTD”