marine dump (ship and stuff)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: marine dump (ship and stuff)

Post by PikkaBird »

Zephyris wrote:I have a blender set-up for rendering 8bpp sprites, would you like it?
The main thing I'm having problem with is the animation (for rendering multiple angles). It seems to work quite differently from max...
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Ok, attached is my template file.
1. Centre the ship on the origin (remember to cut a bit off the hull for the water).
2. There is no scale defined, scale your model to what looks correct.
3. The textures included are white, shadeless black (windows), CC and 2CC (you may need to tweak the colramp for the CCs to get the brightness right).
4. The camera uses an IPO curve to rotate it at a constant distance round the origin at a constant distance. Render with Ctrl+F12.

Any questions just ask, I keep meaning to make a thread for this template :) It works quite well, I made the ekranoplan and OpenGFX planes with this and no pixel tweaking...
Attachments
StandardAniNew.zip
(42.22 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Zephyris wrote: Any questions just ask, I keep meaning to make a thread for this template :) It works quite well, I made the ekranoplan and OpenGFX planes with this and no pixel tweaking...
Not counting ccing some of the blues later?
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

The colour ramps used for shading only use the CC shades so a typical conversion to 8bpp (especially when using a safe palette) doesn't give any non-CC blues...
lead@inbox
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by lead@inbox »

Tern
Attachments
buffer.zip
(59.95 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
0001.png
0001.png (5.12 KiB) Viewed 6250 times
lead@inbox
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by lead@inbox »

brigantine
Attachments
0001.png
0001.png (33.19 KiB) Viewed 6163 times
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

cool stuff :-)

I sense shipping in 1500 coming ;-)
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

:D Nice! I like that A LOT! Be nice to see it in game, I'd definitely put it to good use
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Just a small idea about sailing ships - shouldn't they be designed as if the wind was coming from a certain direction all the time? As it is now, if two of those meet out in the ocean, they will give the image of each having the wind in their back...

We could decide that the wind is blowing in the same direction as the light falls, and adjust the sails (and the ship's sidways angle) in the different views accordingly.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

AndersI wrote:We could decide that the wind is blowing in the same direction as the light falls, and adjust the sails (and the ship's sidways angle) in the different views accordingly.
Good points about the wind. I'd probably do it the same direction as the wind sock on the small airport.

If I add sailing ships to FISH (probably by painting renders from lead@inbox), then I might standardise the sails, and use copy and paste to put more/less sails on a ship. I know it's not very realistic to have same sails on the ships, but the work to model and pixel paint gazillions of sails (at different angles) is just too much :o
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

andythenorth wrote:Good points about the wind. I'd probably do it the same direction as the wind sock on the small airport.
I'd probably make them move clockwise around the map. :P
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

PikkaBird wrote:
andythenorth wrote:Good points about the wind. I'd probably do it the same direction as the wind sock on the small airport.
I'd probably make them move clockwise around the map. :P
Prevailing Westerlies would seem to prevail in the latitudes where TTDX and OpenTTD graphics are based upon. 8)

Return to “Graphics Development”