Ameecher's NewGRFs: LATEST RELEASE: Brick Foundations II

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Little update here, I have finished the drawing of all the sprites needed to replace the build on slopes foundations. As these sprites are taken from ttdpbase[w].grf I am as yet unsure of whether it will work in OTTD or not. Sorry guys!
Attachments
buildonslopes2.PNG
buildonslopes2.PNG (16.82 KiB) Viewed 11664 times
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Ameecher wrote:Little update here, I have finished the drawing of all the sprites needed to replace the build on slopes foundations. As these sprites are taken from ttdpbase[w].grf I am as yet unsure of whether it will work in OTTD or not. Sorry guys!
I'm just happy you have them ready, I really look forward to use them especially since you told be like 3 times that you finished them on IRC :D.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I've realised a few mistakes in those, anyway, after having looked at Raichase's Screenshots, I realised that the default stations aren't really as bad as I thought. Consequently, I've had a quick rework of them. Here is the result of a few minutes work.
Attachments
default stations rebuild.PNG
default stations rebuild.PNG (9.16 KiB) Viewed 11319 times
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

As mentioned in my Wallyweb Productions thread, here is a suggetion for your depots.

When you chain several together to make one long depot, each unit in the chain is an individual depot as far as TTDX is concerned.
TTDX has a limit on the number of depots that can be built and RV, ship and plane depots are included in this total.
When chaining depots together, it is possible to hit the limit. I should know ... I've done it. :lol:

My workaround is to use some of Aegir's freight buildings instead of extra depots. With the Adjacent Stations patch, these freight buildings can be associated with an existing station so that station names are not wasted.

If you were to create a second grf, using the same graphics, but coded as stations, they could be used instead of other station buildings and we could have really long depots without wasting depot slots. A plus is that they would also make for some interesting sheds as well and you could have both the open and the closed building in one station grf.

:D
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

Ameecher wrote:I've realised a few mistakes in those, anyway, after having looked at Raichase's Screenshots, I realised that the default stations aren't really as bad as I thought. Consequently, I've had a quick rework of them. Here is the result of a few minutes work.
yay! someone tagged onto my idea
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Hmmm, an interesting idea Wallyweb. That could work very well.
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Wally - Ive already mentioned this frustration to the OTTD community:
Station-style Depots
Hopefully someone can work around these and we can have some decent sized depots soon! 8)
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Well coding these depots as a station shouldn't really be too hard I don't think. I might even draw some other depot jobbies.

Stop giving me ideas people! I've got exams to fail first!
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Move along folk, nothing to see here.
Attachments
found.grf
Some dos (I hope) newgrf
(23.64 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
foundw.grf
Some windows newgrf
(23.64 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
Last edited by XeryusTC on 22 Jun 2007 23:25, edited 1 time in total.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Xeryus decided to code these about 10 minutes ago and they look good. Screenshot attached.

I will add something to my website about it too.
Attachments
found.PNG
found.PNG (130.51 KiB) Viewed 10627 times
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Yes, and it was a quick and dirty copy/paste job :D (and some find and replace too :D). Done it in about 10 mins, of which half were just fooling around.
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Yep. Still it is a nice eye candy. :)
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

I like those. Should look really good with the UKRS set, methinks.
Without Trains America Stops

m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

mehthinks the inside is too light
the shape is alright
lol, teh ryhmes :P
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Ameecher's NewGRFs: LATEST RELEASE: Brick Foundations

Post by XeryusTC »

*necromancing*

5 minutes later the thread resurects...

Ameecher, could you update your foundation replacement so it is compatible with the new anti-zigzag foundations that are available in OpenTTD? I will code them right away when you're done ;).
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I intend to redraw the \ angles of them anyway and darken them up a bit, I'll do the anti-zig-zags at the same time.
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

Hi Ameecher

Frosch, the coder of the new patch for OTTD made a little tool to make it easier: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=635432#p635432 . Dunno, if that helps, but worth to ask...

Greets
Ammler
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Either that or Leviath posted a sprite sheet in the BKTunnels thread too. Thats what I'll probably use to adjust my foundation sprites.
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

These foundations are NICE! Really, good work Ameecher.
Actually I just wanted to post to show the date of today and the date of first post :D
by Ameecher on 23 Oct 2006, 14:59
by LordAzamath 23 Oct 2007, 23:19
Happy Birthday ! :D
Lord
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

lordazamath wrote:These foundations are NICE! Really, good work Ameecher.
Keep watching, this topic will be updated with a newer updated set of foundations at some point, not sure when.
Happy Birthday ! :D
Erm, thanks?

Return to “Graphics Development”