[OpenTTD] XeryusTC's screenshots and doo-doos

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

[OpenTTD] XeryusTC's screenshots and doo-doos

Post by XeryusTC »

I started a new game with OpenTTD's NewHouses branch. My first game is one with UKRS, TTRS3, Combined Roadset and many others.

The first game starts in 1925, a year after Lenin died. The company is also called Communist Transport, all the trains are red and the main objective of the company is not to make money but about transporting the working class.
Screenshot 01: The lovely town of Sulkyburg, this town has been picked as the starting town.
Screenshot 02: Sulkybury a few months later, there are 2 other towns connected to it now (Tastyworth and Mousebury). There is a 4-4-0 waiting at platform 1 and another train just left for Mousebury from platform 2.
Screenshot 03: The company just bought an Farman F.60 Goliath, you can see it taking of here (it's in the middle of the runway, quite hard to see). The Farman is headed to Fairygate Airport, an airport owned by the company at the other side of the country.
Attachments
screenshot-03.png
screenshot-03.png (29.31 KiB) Viewed 6033 times
screenshot-02.png
screenshot-02.png (83.39 KiB) Viewed 891 times
screenshot-01.png
screenshot-01.png (80.5 KiB) Viewed 6035 times
Last edited by XeryusTC on 29 May 2007 16:31, edited 1 time in total.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andysine »

Loving the sepia effects! Very classy!

That airport and those buildings look stunning!
Age of Industry Replacement Set
Themed industry set for OpenTTD

The Greenest Valley
A beautiful scenario featuring Cardiff and the south Wales valleys

Mountains and Prairies
Huge scenario based on Western Canada
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Please use normal TTD colours. :( IMHO they would suit the screenshots better. The old-fashioned 'feel' is definitely offset by a lack of colour variety in the landscape and the buildings, not to mention all the other graphics.

And I thought they fixed that hospital bug?
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

White Rabbit: I won't use normal TTD colors as I quite like sepia and it took me 30 minutes of browsing wikipedia and mobile phones to find out that it was called sepia (I forgot). It also gives me the feeling that the game is still in its early stage and not in the modern days.

Some more screenshots:

Screenshot 04: The company bought a zeppelin that flies the same route as the planes (Sulkyburg <-> Fairygate Airport). It just started on it's maiden voyage here.
Screenshot 05: The town of Frogsville just got a new station and the 4-4-0 arrives for the second time. The town also has a bus service which leads to Windyton.
Screenshot 06: The town of Windyton, the bus is just entering the town at the north. Although there are a few of them, the people that live in Windyton are quite happy with the bus service that connects them with the rest of the world. There is also an hospital in Windyton because it is the biggest citie that lies on the lake so people from other towns on the lake get transported to it by boat.
Attachments
screenshot-06.png
screenshot-06.png (40.6 KiB) Viewed 5973 times
screenshot-05.png
screenshot-05.png (67.84 KiB) Viewed 5973 times
screenshot-04.png
screenshot-04.png (24.88 KiB) Viewed 5974 times
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

the sephia looks nice. still, i suggest you use buffer stops at those stations. ;)
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

astath wrote:still, i suggest you use buffer stops at those stations. ;)
I have one station with buffer stops, but I can't show a picture yet as there is still A LOT of planning and town growth involved :P. But maybe I could add some buffer stops to other stations.
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

Great screenshots! :)

I too suggest buffers, as they make it look a bit more realistic.
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

More screenshots:

Screenshot-07: The lakeside town of Riddleworth has just gotten a new station, and it's the first town to be serviced by brand new 0-6-0s.
Screenshot-08: A brand new 4-4-0 is just leaving the depot at Mousebury while another 4-4-0 is just leaving the station.
Screenshot-09: The town of Tumblewood lies just south of Riddleworth and the station has been completed just a few months after Riddleworth's station has been build. The station is the only one which isn't directly build at a line and has the third most complicated junction in the game.
Attachments
screenshot-09.png
screenshot-09.png (83.32 KiB) Viewed 5869 times
screenshot-08.png
screenshot-08.png (55.29 KiB) Viewed 5869 times
screenshot-07.png
screenshot-07.png (72.86 KiB) Viewed 5870 times
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

More:

Screenshot-10: The town of Noodleston has just received a station after a hard time building a rail line to it. Noddleston is an isolated town in the west of the country on a lonely mountain. The only way to get there is to go from the mountain where the company started is through a dangerous valley with dangerous cliffs at both sides. 18 people died while building the line.
Screenshot-11: The updated junction of Frogsville, the new line leads to Riddleworth through a very flat valley. 0-6-0s are perfectly fitted for operating at this line.
Attachments
screenshot-11.png
screenshot-11.png (54.52 KiB) Viewed 5861 times
screenshot-10.png
screenshot-10.png (83.24 KiB) Viewed 5864 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

woot, you're using my signals :))

I'd almost say "W00T UR USIN' MAH SIGNALZ", but I resisted.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

W00t IMMAH USIN' UR SIGNALZ!

Anyway, more screenshots (note that they are not in the correct chronological order):

Screenshot 12: An 4-6-2 on a concrete bridge, this picture is taken in 1937, 2 years after brakes became mandatory on passenger trains, passenger trains don't need brakevans anymore because of this.
Screenshot 13: The town of Quackbridge, it is just behind the two concrete bridges. You can also see the 4-6-2 in the eastern most platform if you take a good look :).
Screenshot 14: Pixiewig is a town just a bit east of Quackbridge and closer to the other parts of the network.
Attachments
screenshot-14.png
screenshot-14.png (59.44 KiB) Viewed 5822 times
screenshot-13.png
screenshot-13.png (45.37 KiB) Viewed 5821 times
screenshot-12.png
screenshot-12.png (17.53 KiB) Viewed 5822 times
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

More screenies :)

Screenshot 15: The town of Lazywell, it is the most central station in the country and therefor the biggest. The northern line leads to Mousebury, Sulkybury and Tastyworth. The west line leads to Noodleston. The eastern line (barely see-able) leads to Frogsville, Windyton RiddleWorth, Tumblewood and then meets the southern line in Sleepyville. The southern line goes to Sleepyville, Dangleworth, Pixiewig and Quackbridge.
Screenshot 16: Sleepyville and Dangleworth are very close together, but they have gotten seperate train stations. Dangleworth also has an airport, an Handley Page H.P.42, a Fokker F.VII and an airship go to that airport, this makes it the smallest airport in the country (of 3 in total). There is a train consisting of 2 railcars running between the towns as a local route and there are several trains going to Lazywell and Riddleworth for the long distance trips.
Attachments
screenshot-16.png
screenshot-16.png (230.05 KiB) Viewed 804 times
screenshot-15.png
screenshot-15.png (150.87 KiB) Viewed 820 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

XeryusTC wrote:Image
W00T, UR USIN' MAH BRIGDES!!!111!

Tho you should built more bridges Xeryus. My bridges are good! (And cheap).
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

There aren't much occasions on this map where I can build bridges :( I've only build 4 so far (counting 2 for the one in the screenshot). My pas has quite big mountains so I can't build bridges because the rails is either going up or either going down :( there are only a few spots where I can build them. I also don't build them in juctions because I aim at making a quite (not super) realistic network, so there are no tunnels/bridges in my junctions except if the spot where I build them has the right hills for me to do it.
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Lift it up * raises hands*

I have started a new game with loads of station sets, the japanese train set, japanese buildings, dutch signals, dutch semaphores, japanese trees, Purno's bridges and AV8.
I will be names of my lines are inspired by some anime I've seen so far, so first up is Shoujo (meaning girl IIRC), inspired by the anime Jigoku Shoujo (meaning Hell Girl, a really good piece of anime IMO). This line runs between Noseywig, which has an airport, and Crumplebridge. The stations on this line are Noseywig, Crackerworth, Itchywell and Crumpybridge, there also is a branch line for Rattlewell between Crackerworth and Itchywell. It is only possible to go to Noseywig and Crackerworth from Rattlewell though.
This line is entirely electrified and serviced by Class 40 EMUs.

Edit: this is a custom OpenTTD build with newhouses and trams.
Attachments
Shoujo-3.png
Shoujo-3.png (69.95 KiB) Viewed 5393 times
shoujo-2.png
shoujo-2.png (77.42 KiB) Viewed 5395 times
Shoujo-1.png
Shoujo-1.png (122.43 KiB) Viewed 5397 times
Last edited by XeryusTC on 04 Mar 2007 20:48, edited 1 time in total.
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Ok, stupid warning box :P.
Attachments
shoujo-5.png
shoujo-5.png (105.88 KiB) Viewed 5391 times
shoujo-4.png
shoujo-4.png (70.72 KiB) Viewed 5391 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Your stations look quite boring IMO. Except Rattlewell. Fortunately I see my catenary cheering them up :mrgreen:
Image Image
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

*slaps the trees*

they hurt my eyes :P Otherwise, it's looking nice :wink:
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

w00t, he's using my roadset.

Call me annoying but can we stick to normal language please?! I know this game can be exciting but please behave and obey the rules. That means quit the excessive caps too.

Nice screenhots btw, Xeryus :).
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

A little map of my japan game.

The lines and their colors:
Blue - Shoujo line.
Green - Kasimasi line.
Red - Tokko line.
Cyan - FSN line.
Purple - Hagane-sen line.

The other light blue lines are little branches that don't really belong to any of the lines listed above. The little blue dots in the cities are tram stations.

Edit: changed name of the Purple line.
Attachments
map.png
map.png (9.48 KiB) Viewed 864 times
Last edited by XeryusTC on 11 Mar 2007 12:51, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Screenshots”