Map Size: 2048x4096
Start Date: 1860
Requires JGR Patch Pack v0.40.0. I haven't tested on newer versions...
NewGRF Requirements: AIRS 1.1.0, NARS2.5 and more
Key Industries (main regions shown in brackets)
- Grain and Farming (South - Alberta, Saskatchewan + Manitoba)
- Steel and Metallurgy (South East - Manitoba + Ontario)
- Coal and Ores (South West - British Columbia)
- Oil and Petroleum (North West - Alberta)
- Wood and Timber Products (South West + South East - British Columbia + Ontario)
Only large towns shown. Scenario contains hundreds of towns and settlements. The towns and cities are approximately similar to their real-life counterparts, though in this scenario they take their names from ghost towns across the region.
- Vidora = Vancouver
- Carnagie = Calgary
- Richfield = Edmonton
- Similkameen = Saskatoon
- Oderin = Regina
- Halkett = Winnipeg
- Port Talbot = Thunder Bay
Delivering grain from elevators to grain mills in cities is highly profitable and easy to access. Farms are eye candy only (they do not produce or accept any cargos).
Shipping coal and ore from the Great Lakes (SE corner) is a quick and easy way to start your metallurgy flow.
Funding and placing secondary industries is an important part of this scenario.
The day length factor is set to 3 to allow players the chance to grow their network without feeling rushed. Newer players may wish to focus on a specific area of the map
See the related AIRS thread for more information on the industry newGRF.
Now available on BaNaNaS.