[WIP] ChrisTrains for Locomotion V3.0.0 [V2.1.0 Inside]

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Use version A or Version B? See: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=424736#424736

A
41%
B
59%

Total votes: 81

Shifty Powers
Director
Director

Post by Shifty Powers »

Illegal_Alien wrote:I am still a little bit experimenting with it.
Let us know when you finished experimenting, so this all could be some extra information for the modders (No, not for me, I stopped completely).
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Come on people 50 - 50 isnt good enough,

Btw i have to say that the B version also opens a faster and better way to create steamers :)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

40 minutes to place your vote.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Well I still don't think it's everything that can be gotten from the MSTS convertor. Just for a test, I took some random engine and rendered it in twice the size, then resized down in photoshop with the bicubic sharper setting and put the contrast on the alpha all the way up to get the sharp alpha edges back.

With this method, you could loose those ugly jaggies.

See pics...

Also, maybe we should check that fullbright blending again. I'm not trying to pick on your work, just trying to find a solution to get nice MSTS conversions. Somehow I still don't think the pics you posted do the source models justice. :(
Attachments
MSTS twice the size, then resized
MSTS twice the size, then resized
smooth.png (4.86 KiB) Viewed 5824 times
default MSTS
default MSTS
default.png (3.89 KiB) Viewed 5823 times
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Illegal_Alien wrote:Come on people 50 - 50 isnt good enough,

Btw i have to say that the B version also opens a faster and better way to create steamers :)
faster maybe but watch the gear on my black gs4, i never used it until lastnight. i didnt know it looked so good.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

strongbow wrote:Well I still don't think it's everything that can be gotten from the MSTS convertor. Just for a test, I took some random engine and rendered it in twice the size, then resized down in photoshop with the bicubic sharper setting and put the contrast on the alpha all the way up to get the sharp alpha edges back.

With this method, you could loose those ugly jaggies.

See pics...

Also, maybe we should check that fullbright blending again. I'm not trying to pick on your work, just trying to find a solution to get nice MSTS conversions. Somehow I still don't think the pics you posted do the source models justice. :(
Ok, let me see the DARK side, instead of the bright side.

Everybody goed OHh and Aaah and suddenly its bad? Go to hell all.

This community should drop dead imho.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Illegal_Alien wrote:

i feel you your pain brother, I think the dark sides are to dark, and i think the bright sides are 2 bright.

when i tried the brightsides on the us stuff, i lost so much detail and the colors were off. we really do need a happy 1/2 way.

maybe i'll take a look at the Msts2lomo code it has been a long time since i touched VB6. but it might not be all that hard. in the mean time. i make sets for myself and decide to share it, if they like it, they use it, if they dont, they dont. if strongbow has a decent solution, hell i'll try it. i admidt my photoshop skills are not all that.....
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Illegal_Alien wrote:

IA, I'm trying to help if you failed to notice so. If you don't want any help, fine - go your way. But then, don't be surprised that people give you critics on how the conversions look like on page 1. We could find some way around the MSTS renderer to make them look good - get rid of the aliasing and dark sides. But unless you stop acting like a spoilt child, there is not much chance of progress. Having said that, I'm back to my own thread unless someone asks me for help. :wink:

-s
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

I will use the LocoTSFx methode. They look a bit bad on hills, but the overal looks are good.

Hmm, seems that i did say something stupid again...
DanielB
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DanielB »

Using the method strongbow used, they would look more nicer than they do now. It would be a big improvement for the conversion, which means you alsof get creditted for better work :)
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

You people want it like this then? Well its a lot of work then ;)

The combining would be need do be done by hand :X But resizing etc could be automated :) (That combining stuff i will take care of then)
Attachments
MAT54
MAT54
combined.jpg (13.03 KiB) Viewed 5691 times
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Combining doesn't have to be by hand - I already mentioned that. Try asking nicely and I'll spare you looots of working hours to almost zero. :D

I'm available on PM. :wink:

BTW, looks a LOT better.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Same picture but then with the DM`90 Buffel Added
Attachments
merged.jpg
merged.jpg (19.36 KiB) Viewed 5679 times
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

A bit more of the dark side, the difference is not big now. If it's 50%, try something like 66%.

For combining two sequences, there is a great professional program called "Digital Fusion" or "Fusion 5" (new version). It's like Photoshop for image sequences. Everything that can be done in Photoshop can be done there as well, plus have it animated.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

This is with 30% blending lower and you cant see the difference.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

this looks really good now, IA. don't be afraid to ask others for help, and never hesitate to try out new technologies, styles or ways. after all, even with someone else's technology, you'll reap the compliments when delivering a kickass set. :wink: good luck.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

mDDM needed?

Now i have to wait for my MSN friend; got teh software, now i only need the know how of it :P
Attachments
mddm.jpg
mddm.jpg (3.73 KiB) Viewed 5601 times
Dark version :P
Dark version :P
mddmdark.jpg (4.16 KiB) Viewed 5601 times
Bright version
Bright version
mddmbright.jpg (3.78 KiB) Viewed 5599 times
trainboy2004
Director
Director

Post by trainboy2004 »

I like what i'm seeing but i have one small request.

[Offtopic]

Are you able to convert the railhopper to a Locomotion graphic?
(No, it's not CT but i think it's a great model)

You can find it here you need the V3 model made by Quinzedie
http://www.railsim.nl
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

I can ask permission for it then, but then as a separate download.
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

I have to say very nice work Illegal_Alien, you could force me to reinstall Locomotion :D
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”