Trees........A PAIN!

Talk about the sequel to the original TT, Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
Jim Powers
President
President

Trees

Post by Jim Powers »

Mr. Spaceman-Spiff;

It worked! You're right. I just tried it out on my
last scenario and I planted a tree in my northeast corner
(Seattle) and then planted a tree in (San Fransisco)
Southwest corner. It cost About $350,000, but, all cities
went to 'good' and 'very good'. :) Each time you bribe
the City Fathers, each click is about $1,300.000, so, you
save money big time. Thanks for the tip, Sir.

Always,
Jim Powers
:D
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

krtaylor wrote:About the trees-in-the-corner cheat - how exactly do you do this? Usually the opposite corners are in the ocean.
Raise land (one square is enough and doesn't cost that much)
tcutchi
Engineer
Engineer

trees

Post by tcutchi »

I agree trees are probably the most annoying part of TT, but they really only get in the way when building one-way signals--- you never know which way they are pointing, and then trains start losing profits and you just sit there wondering why. maybe there should be something that automatically mkes trees invisible when biulding rails, roads, and signals? (that cht: killalltrees was a good idea, though all your town ratings would probably drop to appalling instantly)
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Wow. Look at the dates. :shock: I think this must be the world record of post-digging.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
RPharazon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by RPharazon »

So that's why you use transparent view.
Trees in the way? Only an extra hundred dollars (Nothing, really) and nothing a bribe can't fix.
Imagination! Here, you learn what it is to be human. You are a creator of order, of beautiful shapes and systems, an organizer of chaos.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Personally, I love the challenge a good map full of trees provides. It makes building harder, moving land harder, and the towns more wary of your presence. Makes one build TO the landscape, rather than through it.

Krtaylor, no need to comment. Our new user had something to contriubte, and evidently went looking for a topic thyat existed rather than starting a new one.

Tcutchi, Welcome to TT forums! :))
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
tcutchi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tcutchi »

yo thanx for the warm welcome Raichase! really :D
The Person
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by The Person »

krtaylor wrote:Wow. Look at the dates. :shock: I think this must be the world record of post-digging.
Last year I saw some topics (on another forum) with a four-year bump. :P
bugfinder
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by bugfinder »

Ok umm Moderators dont blok me I only want to comment about that pic that zimmlock put in

ZIMMLOCK U THERE!!
That is just woh! Whoever made that train system is a fanactic and takes these things seriously! Im mean I could easily make that train system a bit more easier for people to follow but geez! That is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AvAtAr »

is there a cheat or another way to plant immediately 4 trees on a square? So in fact could you create a map with lots of trees on them with one click?
THERE IS NO COMPETITION BECAUSE WE ARE THE BEST
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

Set your bits right in plantmanytrees and you can cover the whole map with dense forest in about 8 clicks.
Jim Powers
President
President

Trees not only pain!

Post by Jim Powers »

Dear TTD Members;

Trees are not the only pain. Another annoying thing while playing my game is
that darn toot,toot,toot,toot,toot,toot,toot,toot! Every time a news item comes up
on the bottom gray bar. I HATE that crap! Can there be away to disengage such noise?

And, now we have to hold down Ctrl whenever we want the RR menu, and again
when we need to build a RR station. What genius figured how to screw that up? I can't
make the small RR drop menu do anything I want or need, so, it's just in the way.
Come on, have a heart and make this work like it used to ................ Please! :X(

Always,
Jim Powers
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Add this : "Locomotiongui.defaultnewgui off" to ttdpatch.cfg and you'll get the normal track construction window as default back.
No more holding Ctrl-key then. :D
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Please take care to make sure that you leave locomotiongui.usenewgui on.
Otherwise TTDpatch will crash when you try changing your Colour Scheme.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Jim Powers
President
President

It worked

Post by Jim Powers »

Dear Mr. Rob;

Thanks, Buddy! It worked. I should have asked sooner.
Also, Mr. Lakie, my good Friend, I didn't touch "locomotiongui.usenewgui on."
I don't have a clue what or why either of these two features are there.

Now, what can be done with that News "tooter". Any suggestions?

Again, thanks men!

Always,
Jim Powers
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Lakie wrote:Please take care to make sure that you leave locomotiongui.usenewgui on.
Otherwise TTDpatch will crash when you try changing your Colour Scheme.
Actually, no.
At least not when I tried. Granted, locomotiongui off doesn't work, but locomotiongui 0 does.

/me checks again, just to make sure he isn't making a fool of himself here.

As for the news tooter, it shouldn't be too hard to make a GRF that disables that. (EDIT: Unfortunately, some important documentation is missing, and I needed to be asleep forty minutes ago. Maybe tomorrow, once I write the documentation.)
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

This GRF file should disable the news "tooter". No graphics are involved, so it should work in both DOS and Win versions.
Attachments
SilentNews.grf
(2.7 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Thanks. :D
This works great.
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

It does indeed work DaleStan.
I'll remember that since it would be better advise for those who don't like LocoGui.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Jim Powers
President
President

No Sound

Post by Jim Powers »

Mr. DaleStan;

Thanks, my Friend! Wow, that toot is no longer a part of my "You're Buggin' Me" List!
This is what I mean by having a bunch of guys, with the same intentions, and in this
case, it's making The Game, even better. Thanks again, Sir. :bow:

Always,
Jim Powers

Return to “Transport Tycoon Deluxe”